The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (43 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grendel

There is no superstate. We have veto rights. Romania and Hungary are wealthier than they were.

Fiscal and monetary union are not necessarily a disadvantage. Depends on the the terms.

Seems that you have backed the wrong horse if you are prepared to take any crap to avoid something that doesn’t exist or won’t exist without our agreement.

And yes, leavers are caricatured, and that has nothing to do with me.

But, if the cap fits, wear it...

40 years ago we were told there would never be any move to any form of politicisation and that there was just a free trade arrangement among a small group of European countries - all with relatively strong economies.

That was a lie

New legislation could remove the veto

I’m not suprised someone who hates freedom of expression and democracy favours an iron curtain type of fiscal control - power for the few for the benefit of the fewer at the expense of the many

No thanks

martcov

40 years ago we were told there would never be any move to any form of politicisation and that there was just a free trade arrangement among a small group of European countries - all with relatively strong economies.

That was a lie

New legislation could remove the veto

I’m not suprised someone who hates freedom of expression and democracy favours an iron curtain type of fiscal control - power for the few for the benefit of the fewer at the expense of the many

No thanks

Who would that be? I have pointed out that whichever of the 4 deals are decided today, it will only please a minority of the 52% who voted leave, and a small minority of all voters including remain.

You call that democracy? You voted under a false premise anyway.

Sick Boy

I see its likely that UK citizens resident in an EU country will be granted residency in that country alone. Funny that, it's almost like it's 27 different countries rather than a superstate.

Sick Boy

Fair play to you.

I have moved several times for the best of future for my family. And it isn't always an easy thing to do.

Yes Macron is weaker than he thought. He got in by saying he would reduce income tax and make changes. But when he tried he brought France to a standstill. He knows he can't ignore the voters anymore. He has regions of France on his back. He has to try and keep them happy. The French are much more militant than us in the UK. They are where we were in the days of Maggie. Their unions are strong.

Thanks! I've lived over there before for a few years but that was working for a British company with other British workers. Part of me is sad for leaving the UK but also I am excited by it but leaving my family behind will be tough, especially as I now have a 2 year old nephew but my parents are considering moving back over to Ireland themselves at some point too.

I will of course miss the Sky Blues, which is going to be tough as well but will get my football fix for serie a and b for now; my new boss has already arranged a day out on the beers together and watching Hellas Verona.

My girlfriend has never really settled here and we all know how important family is to them.

Astute

2015 Juncker asking all parties to the table.

Opinion piece from the Kremlin.

Interesting though what Barnier said before negotiations started:

“There is no place [for financial services],” the veteran French politician said. “There is not a single trade agreement that is open to financial services. It doesn’t exist.” He said the outcome was a consequence of “the red lines that the British have chosen themselves. In leaving the single market, they lose the financial services passport.”

Which is why Carney is still waiting for a reaction to his warnings.

Rightly or wrongly.

But, as he says, we set the red lines.
Yes Mart.

So when we was pushed towards joining the EU what did we actually agree on?

When we decided to join the EEC what did we actually agree on?

Correct. Nothing like what it has become.

So what will the rules be like in just 5 years time?

Grendel

Who would that be? I have pointed out that whichever of the 4 deals are decided today, it will only please a minority of the 52% who voted leave, and a small minority of all voters including remain.

No I voted to leave and any option is better than staying in a far right club that exploits with weak for the benefit of the few.

No doubt you and your family piss yourselves laughing at the way Germany has raped many economies of its identity and dignity just so you can have a nice cosy life.

Count me out whatever the alternative

Grendel

I see its likely that UK citizens resident in an EU country will be granted residency in that country alone. Funny that, it's almost like it's 27 different countries rather than a superstate.

No it actually proves it is a superstate - same as Czech citizen rights in the Iron Curtain

Grendel

You're starting to sound like an island monkey.

I was mocking the Nazi Mart who says people who voted leave are thick bigots.

Astute

So you are back to the 4 choices and no negotiations?

Astute

The rules fit as the EU decides. Just like the rules and regulations. They are allowed to break them. But if the rules that they have brought in can be used as a stick to beat with they have to be kept to.

And you are fine with this?

Astute

You don’t know what cherry picking means.
Yeah OK Mart.

Only works one way doesn't it.

So what do you call any deal must include EU rights to our fishing water?

You are right. Cherries don't grow in the sea.

Astute

Thanks! I've lived over there before for a few years but that was working for a British company with other British workers. Part of me is sad for leaving the UK but also I am excited by it but leaving my family behind will be tough, especially as I now have a 2 year old nephew but my parents are considering moving back over to Ireland themselves at some point too.

I will of course miss the Sky Blues, which is going to be tough as well but will get my football fix for serie a and b for now; my new boss has already arranged a day out on the beers together and watching Hellas Verona.

My girlfriend has never really settled here and we all know how important family is to them.
Yes the Italians are much more family orientated than we are. Love the country and people.

Just hope everything goes well for you.

Sick Boy

The rules fit as the EU decides. Just like the rules and regulations. They are allowed to break them. But if the rules that they have brought in can be used as a stick to beat with they have to be kept to.

And you are fine with this?

The UK is leaving so what do you expect to happen? It doesn't care about its citizens in other countries and prevents them from voting after 15 years. You then have the odious May describing these people as 'citizens of nowhere'.

Astute

How on earth does it prove it's a superstate? If it's a superstate, why do laws vary internally?
Or why are laws made for them?

It is a long term project. The longer it goes on the more it changes. The more you have less say on what you can and can't do. Look at it from when we joined. It is like Hotel California. You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

SIR ERNIE

There are 4 'leaves' on the table at the moment. All incompatible. So which one, leave version, did people vote for? Did more people vote for remain than any of the other, leave, alternatives.

Which of the countless versions of 'remain' did you vote for?

Sick Boy

Or why are laws made for them?

It is a long term project. The longer it goes on the more it changes. The more you have less say on what you can and can't do. Look at it from when we joined. It is like Hotel California. You can check out any time you like but you can never leave.

Apart from the UK is actually leaving, it's just that ministers misled the public with how easy it would be to leave.

I wasn't aware that the EU had told Holland that it could open coffee shops where people can smoke cannabis inside or that it had forced Portugal to decriminalise drugs. Or perhaps it's because sovereign countries make their own laws?

Anyway, will leave it here for now, spent a couple of hours down the boxing gym this morning with some pretty intense sparring and hands won't stop shaking :)

Astute

The UK is leaving so what do you expect to happen? It doesn't care about its citizens in other countries and prevents them from voting after 15 years. You then have the odious May describing these people as 'citizens of nowhere'.
I haven't got a clue what will happen. Nobody does.

The Tories didn't want us to leave and didn't expect to lose the vote.

All we can do is hope for the best.

It is all happening at a bad time for me. I have been bringing in most of my investments. I am 9 years 1 month from retiring. I can't afford to risk everything this late on. But if I leave money in banks it loses true value. I can't put it in property as a bad Brexit could devalue prices sharply. Share prices could drop and not recover for years. And I don't want to have to work until retirement age just because I lose out financially.

Then I have the problem of wanting to tour for the rest of my days. Will I be able to do it everywhere but in the EU?

I am not alone in having problems. It is causing more than the headline problems. Yet I am supposed to just blame those who voted leave. Then blame the Tories who wanted to remain. I'm supposed to forgive Labour although they wanted out.

I have had enough of the blame game. What I want is a deal which is best for at least the large majority. And when it is all done look at it again.

Astute

Apart from the UK is actually leaving, it's just that ministers misled the public with how easy it would be to leave.

I wasn't aware that the EU had told Holland that it could open coffee shops where people can smoke cannabis inside or that it had forced Portugal to decriminalise drugs. Or perhaps it's because sovereign countries make their own laws?

Anyway, will leave it here for now, spent a couple of hours down the boxing gym this morning with some pretty intense sparring and hands won't stop shaking :)
But it doesn't have to be so hard. It has been made as hard as possible for a reason. If the EU wanted it to be easy it would be easy to do.

Captain Dart

Sick Boy

Yet all of the negative aspects of post Brexit Britain are dismissed as Project Fear. Italy has been a basket case for a long time and both La Lega and 5Star are incompetent, they won't last.

Outside of the UK other countries are not on the edge of their seats about Brexit, it appears some fail to understand that the rest of Europe does not revolve around the UK.

Sick Boy

But it doesn't have to be so hard. It has been made as hard as possible for a reason. If the EU wanted it to be easy it would be easy to do.

The EU is something that the UK has been part of for decades and has helped shape. To believe that untangling decades of intertwined legislation could be done within a couple of years is at best naive. The likes of Fox and Davis have got a lot to answer for and neither should have or had positions of such power.

martcov

Yes Mart.

So when we was pushed towards joining the EU what did we actually agree on?

When we decided to join the EEC what did we actually agree on?

Correct. Nothing like what it has become.

So what will the rules be like in just 5 years time?

What did we agree on when the Corn Laws were past? What did we agree on before someone allowed women to vote? The world, including the EU has moved on .... even if you and Grendel are stuck in the 70‘s with NF and co. arguing against the EEC.

SIR ERNIE

d
What did we agree on when the Corn Laws were past? What did we agree on before someone allowed women to vote? The world, including the EU has moved on .... even if you and Grendel are stuck in the 70‘s with NF and co. arguing against the EEC.

Desperately clutching at straws. How apt that you have to refer back to the Corn Laws.

martcov

d

Desperately clutching at straws. How apt that you have to refer back to the Corn Laws.

Not clutching to anything. It is some others missing the 70s. I can understand that things evolve in the EU and the UK. Some think that only the EU has become more of a union. They ignore the evolution, without referenda, of the UK.

Grendel

Not clutching to anything. It is some others missing the 70s. I can understand that things evolve in the EU and the UK. Some think that only the EU has become more of a union. They ignore the evolution, without referenda, of the UK.

They just ignore large sections of their communities - hence the rise in extremism

Grappa

DpTeZUPXcAIIia0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread