The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (34 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skybluetony176

Of course. They are now pulling out of Europe. But some will try and make a story out of it.

Just like trying to make out our Navy will murder EU fishermen when doing the same job they presently do whilst protecting EU fishermen.
Japanese investment in the EU is at an all time high.

Astute

But as pointed out we can walk away from the level playing field caveat at any time in the future and be where we will be in a few weeks under a no deal.

Why burn all the bridges now?
Not correct though.

If we sign up to the so called level playing field and then do something they don't like they can take us to the European Court for unlimited fines. That is what they want us to sign up to. And they could also make us pay tariffs on everything we import from the EU but not charge tariffs to EU countries if they do so.

We would have a signed agreement so couldn't walk away like you say.

Astute

I like how he finds it funny that he has no idea what he’s on about
Is that aimed at myself?

Look at this thread. Those you always keep agreeing with keep coming out with false/twisted truth comments. Just like yourself. None of you point this out to each other. But when someone points this out you then make out they don't know what they are talking about. They then join together in a pack to try and discredit them sometimes verbally viciously. But when it happens to them they tell you how much of a hard time they are having and how bad the vicious verbal attacks harm them.......

OK. Tell me where I am wrong.

Is the Navy going to kill EU fishermen?

Is Japan pulling out of car manufacturing in Europe now they have a trade deal?

Is the EU trying to get us to sign up to an agreement where they can prosecute us for not following the rules they set even after they set them after we sign? Do they want to be able to make us pay tariffs if we break any of the rules?

Shall we add to this? How many times have Germany and France broke these rules and they have done nothing? This includes state aid.

This is how stupid this thread is. Say what you like even if it isn't the truth. Just make sure you don't point out the lies/misinformation from certain people.

Not true? I am a remainer. In 2 years 3 months 5 days I will be living in the EU. My wife and 3 youngest kids love their life in France. Brexit has affected us more than most. At the start of next year I can only take 2kg of food items they miss. I could get stuck in queues trying to get to see them. I will have many limitations put upon me until I become a French citizen. Yet some idiots make out I am a remainer for trying to put the truth across.

As I said point out what I have said that is wrong. Then I will show the evidence.

Any chance of evidence the other way like murdering EU fishermen? Everyone must agree with this 'fact' as nobody said a word against this absurd comment.

Skybluefaz

Is that aimed at myself?

Look at this thread. Those you always keep agreeing with keep coming out with false/twisted truth comments. Just like yourself. None of you point this out to each other. But when someone points this out you then make out they don't know what they are talking about. They then join together in a pack to try and discredit them sometimes verbally viciously. But when it happens to them they tell you how much of a hard time they are having and how bad the vicious verbal attacks harm them.......

Is the EU trying to get us to sign up to an agreement where they can prosecute us for not following the rules they set even after they set them after we sign? Do they want to be able to make us pay tariffs if we break any of the rules?

Shall we add to this? How many times have Germany and France broke these rules and they have done nothing? This includes state aid.

This is how stupid this thread is. Say what you like even if it isn't the truth. Just make sure you don't point out the lies/misinformation from certain people.

Not true? I am a remainer. In 2 years 3 months 5 days I will be living in the EU. My wife and 3 youngest kids love their life in France. Brexit has affected us more than most. At the start of next year I can only take 2kg of food items they miss. I could get stuck in queues trying to get to see them. I will have many limitations put upon me until I become a French citizen. Yet some idiots make out I am a remainer for trying to put the truth across.

As I said point out what I have said that is wrong. Then I will show the evidence.

Any chance of evidence the other way like murdering EU fishermen? Everyone must agree with this 'fact' as nobody said a word against this absurd comment.
He was obviously talking about the Brexit Party clown.

Astute

He was obviously talking about the Brexit Party clown.
More than likely aimed at myself for pointing out the lies/misinformation. It has been consistent since this thread started. Goes back to when I said we needed to get rid of Corbyn to have a chance of winning the election. It was all to do with the way he was perceived. After his second loss those who said he would win that one started saying they had said the opposite although I remember well the vicious attacks on myself for coming out with the truth.

Same old.

The so called 'lefties' not being able to see the wood for the trees. The real reason Brexit happened.

Brighton Sky Blue

Is that aimed at myself?

Dude, I was referring to the Brexiteer in the video

skybluetony176

I can’t work out if I just got it plain wrong when I chose to not vote for Ed Miliband in a GE or if the bar is now so low for standards as an MP that Ed Miliband is now clearing it with ease

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

I can’t work out if I just got it plain wrong when I chose to not vote for Ed Miliband in a GE or if the bar is now so low for standards as an MP that Ed Miliband is now clearing it with ease

I guess doing a PR stunt at a pie factory wasn’t the salvation he thought it was

Skybluefaz

I'm pretty certain the deal will be done, Johnson has to play ultimate brinksmanship to impress the loonies in the Tory party who want a no deal and to make out he fought til the end for good old blighty.

tisza

I think this about sums up why we’ve gone wrong

Devil's advocate is that there is no interdependence if one side has to follow another's rules without any input after Dec 31st and the other sides legal system is the defining arbiter of those rules. That sounds like a co-dependent relationship.
Still goes back to referendum when neither Brexiteers or EU could definitively tell us what the outcome of a pro-Brexit vote would be. Remainers could say the status quo would be maintained. EU said they couldn't comment as it had never happened before. Brexiteers made all sorts of unfounded assumptions about mutual need/benefit etc. You have an election and you know what actual policies you are voting for and you put in place a Govt that delivers those policies. Referendum offered Brexiteers notions over policies.

Ian1779

More than likely aimed at myself for pointing out the lies/misinformation. It has been consistent since this thread started. Goes back to when I said we needed to get rid of Corbyn to have a chance of winning the election. It was all to do with the way he was perceived. After his second loss those who said he would win that one started saying they had said the opposite although I remember well the vicious attacks on myself for coming out with the truth.

Same old.

The so called 'lefties' not being able to see the wood for the trees. The real reason Brexit happened.
Even if they’d got rid of Corbyn between 2017 and 2019, with Labour following their absurd PV agenda they would have been hammered regardless of who was in charge.

The reason we are here where we are is because Labour though they knew better than to respect democracy.

skybluetony176

Devil's advocate is that there is no interdependence if one side has to follow another's rules without any input after Dec 31st and the other sides legal system is the defining arbiter of those rules. That sounds like a co-dependent relationship.
Still goes back to referendum when neither Brexiteers or EU could definitively tell us what the outcome of a pro-Brexit vote would be. Remainers could say the status quo would be maintained. EU said they couldn't comment as it had never happened before. Brexiteers made all sorts of unfounded assumptions about mutual need/benefit etc. You have an election and you know what actual policies you are voting for and you put in place a Govt that delivers those policies. Referendum offered Brexiteers notions over policies.
Well. That’s the big con. We don’t have too. Trade arrangements change between nations all the time, Trump has made it a full time occupation the last 4 years if you want an example. The other con is we have been constantly told that we will have the best world beating standards ever. The standards bar set by the EU is a minimum standard. If what we’ve told is true the EU can set it’s standards at whatever it likes, we’re always going to meet them. In fact if what we’re told is true it’s the EU that will have the standards issue, not us.

Sick Boy

Same old.

Wow... not everything is about you...

Astute

Even if they’d got rid of Corbyn between 2017 and 2019, with Labour following their absurd PV agenda they would have been hammered regardless of who was in charge.

The reason we are here where we are is because Labour though they knew better than to respect democracy.
Labour got splinters sitting on the fence. Nobody knew what they would get if voting until it was too late.

Astute

I'm pretty certain the deal will be done, Johnson has to play ultimate brinksmanship to impress the loonies in the Tory party who want a no deal and to make out he fought til the end for good old blighty.
I still say if no deal.....which it looks like.....we will still be tied to the EU under similar rules as now. No extension announced as Boris said there wouldn't be one. But will be an extension in everything but name.

Skybluefaz

I still say if no deal.....which it looks like.....we will still be tied to the EU under similar rules as now. No extension announced as Boris said there wouldn't be one. But will be an extension in everything but name.
How will we be tied to eu rules similar to now with no deal? Can you link up some information that makes sense of that?

Sick Boy

Correct. Just like it isn't about you.

So why not reply about those allegations you agreed with that are miles from the truth?
You’re the one who bizarrely took offence to a comment that was obviously completely unrelated to you.

skybluetony176

How will we be tied to eu rules similar to now with no deal? Can you link up some information that makes sense of that?
In theory we can ask for an extension to the transition period, although there’s no obligation for the EU to agree one. However there’s is the issue of the Conservative manifesto at the last election where they pledged to not extend the transition period and get Brexit done with the oven ready deal and then enshrined it in law in the EU (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020 and Boris would never renege on that. No, wait. He already has and pledged to break international law to boot.

Skybluefaz

In theory we can ask for an extension to the transition period, although there’s no obligation for the EU to agree one. However there’s is the issue of the Conservative manifesto at the last election where they pledged to not extend the transition period and get Brexit done with the oven ready deal and then enshrined it in law in the EU (Withdrawal Agreement) Act 2020 and Boris would never renege on that. No, wait. He already has and pledged to break international law to boot.
No way there will be an extension

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Same old.

There is an element of people wanting it to fail because they didn't vote for it. I really don't understand that mentality. I have to say I am glad to see a bit more balance from certain people on here now though, that's good. We are in it together now no matter what and we should be looking at the best case scenario for us all.

I did see a post from the BBC today saying not to stockpile food, so you know that means people will now stockpile food!

Sick Boy

There is an element of people wanting it to fail because they didn't vote for it. I really don't understand that mentality. I have to say I am glad to see a bit more balance from certain people on here now though, that's good. We are in it together now no matter what and we should be looking at the best case scenario for us all.

I did see a post from the BBC today saying not to stockpile food, so you know that means people will now stockpile food!
It’s time for the politicians who campaigned for it to actually take ownership and responsibility and stop trying to blame others for its failings.

clint van damme

Brexiteer in not done his homework shocker.

we've had enough of experts

we're in it together but the a core of the tories jingoistic supporters are lapping up inflammatory rhetoric like this

and are totally ignoring industries which contribute far more than fishing.

I find it hard to align myself with people who are happy to see hundreds of thousands of jobs lost as long as our naval fleet is chasing Pierres trawler across the channel .

Skybluefaz

Haha

With no 'level playing field' agreement, Britain will be able to ditch EU rules, such as the one that limits the power of vacuum cleaners to 900-watts. So if the UK repeals such red tape, you'll be able send a message to Brussels about their regulations by buying a model up to the old 1,600-watt limit.

Why was that not on the side of a bus?

Users who are viewing this thread