The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (11 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PVA

I think once again you've totally missed the point.

It's not saying "they're foreign so it's OK and we don't care about their working conditions." It's the acknowledgment that British workers are not willing to work under such pay and conditions and that this leaves the choice of let it rot or bring in people who will accept them.

That conditions in their own country are such that they see this as improved wages/conditions over staying at home is a travesty.But it's not like the slave trade where they're just being taken from their own country by force and made to work here - it's a choice. We choose not to do it, they do.

Exactly. Apparently it's beyond his comprehension though and we're all appalling racists for encouraging FOM.

skybluetony176

I think if you look at how anyone consumes you'll find some purchasing history at odds with their political stance.

I thibk we really need an end to the throw away consumer society though I don't 5hink it's possible.

I stopped using Amazon some time ago myself.
Anyone with an electric car for instance has a hand in child labour unfortunately. Cobalt mines in Africa rely heavily on child labour and cobalt is a mineral used in the batteries on cars, phones, battery operated tools etc.

Grendel

Grendel

PVA is now on ignore I’m not having to put up with his views on EU migrants having to accept conditions the British think is above them

PVA

You are making up imaginary arguments you weirdo.

Trying to paint me as the bad guy is absurd, particularly coming from a known xenophobe like yourself.

You are human garbage, a genuinely awful person.

PVA

PVA is now on ignore I’m not having to put up with his views on EU migrants having to accept conditions the British think is above them

Hahaha toys out the pram, you daft old racist.

I'm for people having freedom of movement, the freedom to make their own choices, yet I'm the bad guy and you're the good guy because you want to kick them out. Laughable!

chiefdave

As I said this is the Eu I’m all it’s glory

Let the foreigners endure crap conditions as long as I get my fruit - hardly a ringing endorsement for freedom of movement
Thought Jeremy Corbyn had signed up to the forum for a minute :playful:

It would be nice to think that this was leading to an improvement in workers pay and conditions but the fact that Johnson removed the requiement to match EU standards from the Brexit bill last December promising an Employment Bill, of which there is still no sign, doesn't give much confidence.

History would tell you that when one underpaid and / or mistreated group is removed from the equation another is brought in to take their place. Child labour, women, Irish, army, Soviets, Eastern Europeans, who will be next? Suspect the reality is we will see something along the lines of SAWS return.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You are making up imaginary arguments you weirdo.
Trying to paint me as the bad guy is absurd, particularly coming from a known xenophobe like yourself.
You are human garbage, a genuinely awful person.
You really do need to grow up. Mocking people who endured the blitz and clearly unable to tolerate those with a different view to your own .
Still, in years to come you'll be able to recall the great covid spirit of 2020, only to be mocked by some spotty teenager 50 years later who has his mobile phone grafted into his frontal lobe

Ring Of Steel

You really do need to grow up. Mocking people who endured the blitz and clearly unable to tolerate those with a different view to your own .
Still, in years to come you'll be able to recall the great covid spirit of 2020, only to be mocked by some spotty teenager 50 years later who has his mobile phone grafted into his frontal lobe

The covid spirit of 2019- stampedes for toilet rolls, an invisible leader whose incompetence contributed to 60k+ deaths and 2 hours queues at KFC.

PVA

I haven't mocked the blitz you berk, I was quoting your vote leave mates.

At a time of crisis, there is nothing wrong with invoking the Blitz spirit

‘British wartime pluck’ is a modern invention: using it for Brexit is ludicrous

We need to recapture our 'Blitz spirit' to tackle the tough political challenges ahead

skybluetony176

Suspect the reality is we will see something along the lines of SAWS return.
Undoubtedly. Working in the same conditions but with less rights and double taxed for the privilege of maybe having to use the NHS. Still grendull will be happy as he knew what he voted for so clearly he voted to take back control and make lives worse for seasonal workers.

clint van damme

Are you saying Grendel endured the blitz?!
How old do you think he is?!

skybluetony176

You do realise that they’re still going to come and actually by voting leave you’ve diminished their rights and they’re going to have to lose even more money than they do currently as they’re going to have to pay for the privilege of maybe using the NHS.

PVA

You do realise that they’re still going to come and actually by voting leave you’ve diminished their rights and they’re going to have to lose even more money than they do currently as they’re going to have to pay for the privilege of maybe using the NHS.

No he doesn't realise.

He thinks he's the saviour for wanting to keep them out and that we are the bad guys for wanting to keep and encourage freedom of movement. It's absurd cultist behaviour

skybluetony176

No he doesn't realise.

He thinks he's the saviour for wanting to keep them out and that we are the bad guys for wanting to keep and encourage freedom of movement. It's absurd cultist behaviour
Such a disingenuous argument. Trying to make out others don’t give a fuck about seasonal workers working conditions when he’s undoubtedly just voted to make it worse.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I think he must mean the nightclub that used to be on the corner of railway terrace in Rugby. They used to have a singles night in the 80’s for over 40’s.
Did you have a season ticket ?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

No he doesn't realise.

I suspect it's somewhere in the middle. You're name calling however and seeking reassurance from your buddies smacks of insecurity .

shmmeee

No no no. No skirting over the issue. Enquiring minds need to know: is Grendel over 90? If not he didn’t endure the Blitz in any real sense.

chiefdave

Anyone see Gove trip himself up on Marr this morning? Was being questioned about the prospect of no deal given we are insisting on leaving in December despite being in the middle of a pandemic and had to admit that no deal would lead to increased food prices.

Marr then followed up by asking him why this was never mentioned during the campaign and of course the reply was the leave campaign were not campaigning to leave with no deal. Why are we now considering doing just that? Seems to contradict the 'we know what we voted for' line.

chiefdave

A lot was made in the Brexit campaign of taking back control and the sovereignty of parliament. In light of that would be interested in peoples thoughts on MPs unable to attended parliament due to the current coronavirus situation having their ability to vote removed. As well as reduced time for debating caused by the greatly increased voting time and limited access to debates due to restrictions on the number of MPs in the house.

clint van damme

If your MP cannot attend because they or one of their household is vulnerable you are basically left without democratic representation in parliament.

It probably doesn't make a great deal of difference given the size of the tory majority but still.

Grendel

If your MP cannot attend because they or one of their household is vulnerable you are basically left without democratic representation in parliament.

It probably doesn't make a great deal of difference given the size of the tory majority but still.

Mps normally have second homes In London and stop there in the week - this really is straw clutching

Users who are viewing this thread