The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (16 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skybluetony176

Surprise surprise there are photos of her at a Tommy Robinson rally.
Which aptly takes you to another Frankie Boyle gag from last night. Again I might be paraphrasing a little but it went something like this.

People who voted leave aren’t thick. It was just people who voted leave the EU because they don’t like people from Pakistan.

Brighton Sky Blue

Surprise surprise there are photos of her at a Tommy Robinson rally.

Regardless of what else this person gets up to it's left to random panellists to debunk it or not at all. In its desire to be seen as impartial the BBC simply allows people to go around stating things that are objectively false. A bit like the '£80k is the average wage' chap

Sick Boy

Regardless of what else this person gets up to it's left to random panellists to debunk it or not at all. In its desire to be seen as impartial the BBC simply allows people to go around stating things that are objectively false. A bit like the '£80k is the average wage' chap
Yeah I fully agree but they then they accuse it of being a left wing propaganda machine ffs haha

Alan Dugdales Moustache

You better not commit a crime or you'll be getting deported.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
....saving the taxpayer the cost of a long stretch.

stupot07

Ring Of Steel

Am I a bad leftie if I don’t particularly care about criminals getting deported? If your citizenship isn’t guaranteed, don’t commit crimes. That said I don’t get why their citizenship isn’t guaranteed if they’ve been here for years.

Nothing is guaranteed any more.

I saw that there were another 1,700+ job losses in the last few days directly because of brexit.

stupot07

Am I a bad leftie if I don’t particularly care about criminals getting deported? If your citizenship isn’t guaranteed, don’t commit crimes. That said I don’t get why their citizenship isn’t guaranteed if they’ve been here for years.
For me that's the issue, plus some of these committed crimes and were released a decade ago, and have served their time, rebuilt their lives and have been contributed to society, got married had kids born here, to then have immigration turn up at your house 9-10 years later to deport you is just plain wrong.

shmmeee

Yeah didn’t realise it was for crimes they’d served their time for. That’s a bit off. Whole thing smells like an elephant trap to me to get the left defending a bunch of rapists and murderers. It’s shitty but probably not the battle to fight right now.

clint van damme

Yeah didn’t realise it was for crimes they’d served their time for. That’s a bit off. Whole thing smells like an elephant trap to me to get the left defending a bunch of rapists and murderers. It’s shitty but probably not the battle to fight right now.

it's also a distraction from the Windrush scandal which was a travesty.

Grendel

I have a problem with it if the courts are saying no as the government is interfering with legal process

I had a problem with unelected Supreme court judges likewise trying to interpret unwritten constitutional law and imposing it on an elected parliament

It’s dangerous both ways

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Should be based on a case by case basis and they should be deported straight from leaving prison, not 10 years later. So all of them deported were rapists?

Should deport them as soon as they are found guilty, not spend any time in a UK prison courtesy of the taxpayer. Not our problem any more. Goodbye.

Ring Of Steel

Should deport them as soon as they are found guilty, not spend any time in a UK prison courtesy of the taxpayer. Not our problem any more. Goodbye.
How about Priti Patel then, who was found guilty of peddling highly sensitive national info to a foreign country, and daughter of immigrants?

The type of nationalistic holier than thou bullshit you are peddling sums up your prejudice- if you’re the right colour, English or Tory then you can do what you want anywhere in the world and good on you, but if you’re brown and you put a foot wrong then you can fuck off out the country.

No issue with criminals facing a stiff penalty but perhaps the rules could be applied the same way to all colours and races, instead of certain groups having one rule for them and another rule for anyone who doesn’t fit the “desired profile”, which sums up the way this country is heading further down the shitter every day.

Astute

This is what I don’t quite get Sick boy, why would you (or others)be happy with the EUs stance ? This is like groundhog day but we have moved on and left so surely you (and others) should just want what is best for us now. I’m surprised people can be supportive of the EUs current stance on what are essentially now discussions to secure a free trade agreement (which would mean zero tariffs on a majority of goods thereby cheaper products for citizens in the U.K. and Europe ?)

The current requests for a level playing field our outside of the free trade talks usual remit. Why is this acceptable ? Why should the EU have an influence/jurisdiction over our rules and regulations now we have left ?

We already maintain higher standards way above EU minimum standards in various areas of employee rights, should all EU countries match our standards ie on maternity, sick pay, minimum wage ? The net migration figures from the EU over the past 10 years support what EU citizens think our employment opportunities and rights. We don’t need EU directions to maintain that ? (Worth having a read of this Don’t be fooled – the EU is no defender of workers’ rights | Larry Elliott)

and ultimately if U.K. citizens see their employment rights being eroded in future, you know what, they can vote to change the government.

In relation to state aid influence look at the number of times the EU has had to intervened in state aid cases in the U.K. compared to other EU nations, who all appear to take the piss. However, if the government now wants to help certain key industries for the country why shouldn’t it be allowed ?

I have no doubt that we will maintain high environmental standards, why do we need to follow the EU on this ? We were the first major economy to pass the net zero emissions by 2050 into law. I think the EU are still finalising this but it excludes Poland and certain other EU nations want financial incentives.

How can the EU want to influence our corporate tax policy when it allows Ireland, which is on our doorstep, to have Corp Tax of 12.5% and further huge incentives/tax breaks in innovation areas ?

Ultimately we’re a goods importing nation with a massive trade deficit on goods traded with Europe (£90bn) Whilst they are obviously a bigger, more powerful bloc, tariffs will damage a lot of currently struggling EU nations as well as our own. In a world when they are wider trade battles ie with Trump over tariffs, do they really think this is best for a majority of EU citizens ?

Be in no doubt this is purely damage limitation from the EU perspective. They desperately don’t want a more competitive direct neighbour. For all the doomsayers, we are forecast to grow more than Germany, France and the EU as a whole this year. Germany as we all know is the European powerhouse (and to some large extent are essential to its prosperity) is forecast to grow at only 1.1%, last year it was 0.6%. Also see some recent comments from the IMF in terms of our longer term future economic standing and even Mark Carney which certainly forecast the future in a (much) more positive light than previously.

I personally want the EU countries to flourish as ultimately, we will benefit. Why wouldn’t they want the same for the UK, unless it is purely for political reasons of protecting ‘the project’ ?

If so, basically, what they and others appear to be saying, is that its ok for the EU to unilaterally make a majority of its citizens worse off because it doesn’t want the UK to make a success of leaving the EU ? I just can’t get my head around that personally.

I don’t expect people to agree with everything above and I know many are still, quite rightly, upset about the result and where we are (as they didn’t vote for it), however, now we have left, the question is, why would UK citizens not want us to be the most successful country as we can be, even if it doesn’t fit in with the EU project ?
What is wrong with what you have said is that it is the truth.

Just like when we were leaving. The EU were solid on what was on offer. It changed right at the end. They tried the same with Canada. They spent years trying to get a decent trade deal with the EU. They ended up telling the EU they'd had enough of wasting time trying to make a deal and were walking away. Suddenly the EU offered them what they were after. That is why Canada got such a decent agreement.

That is why BJ has said end of the year and no longer. They want to Still make our laws, rules and regulations. But they haven't got time to have talks as they can't agree where to cut/get extra money from what we won't be paying in from next year. Other countries have had enough. Difference industries are getting worried about what direction the EU are threatening to take. But they don't care. They just want to continue making threats to us to try and make us back down and do as they say.

Astute

If you can't see what is going to happen then you need your head examined.

The next 10 months are going to be an exercise in pro-brexit people talking about how intransigent the EU are, how they are bullying us, how they are so nasty, while us plucky "spirit of Dunkirk" Brits are doing everything we possibly can- this is in order to well and truly convince everyone that the EU are the bad guys in all this. Then there will be no deal, and the govt have their scapegoat all nicely lined up so nobody blames them.

Its so obvious and so easy to spot, you must be living under a rock to not see what is happening, I see Steve is already nicely taken in by all the "ooh they're being mean to us" style propaganda.

It makes me laugh when the brexit people talk about "looking after our own first" from now on and prioritising our own country, then start going nuts at the EU for.. well "looking after their own first" and prioritising their own countries.

the UK is now going to get steamrollered by the EU, USA and the rest- you voted for it so stop with the "constant bitching" and suck it up, this is what you wanted. And yes, you are going to have many, many people saying they told you so, because... they told you so.
Are you Barnier?

I was right about the EU backing down at the last second. They always do. And they will do it again.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

How about Priti Patel then, who was found guilty of peddling highly sensitive national info to a foreign country, and daughter of immigrants?

The type of nationalistic holier than thou bullshit you are peddling sums up your prejudice- if you’re the right colour, English or Tory then you can do what you want anywhere in the world and good on you, but if you’re brown and you put a foot wrong then you can fuck off out the country.

No issue with criminals facing a stiff penalty but perhaps the rules could be applied the same way to all colours and races, instead of certain groups having one rule for them and another rule for anyone who doesn’t fit the “desired profile”, which sums up the way this country is heading further down the shitter every day.
Priti Patel is British, you thick idiot. Perhaps you should look beyond the colour of their skin.

Last edited:

stupot07

Yeah I'm sure victims and families of victims would be really happy with that. How would you feel if your family was a victim, maybe a rape or serious sexual assault and the bloke gets deported back to his country to get on with their life as if nothing has happened. Perhaps we should just deport those guilty of terrorism so that can go gone and start plotting their next atrocity? Perhaps the Harry Dunns parents should stop pursuing Sacoolas, it's alright she's deported/left the country so not our problem anymore. Goodbye.

What a ridiculous statement.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Yeah I'm sure victims and families of victims would be really happy with that. How would you feel if your family was a victim, maybe a rape or serious sexual assault and the bloke gets deported back to his country to get on with their life as if nothing has happened. Perhaps we should just deport those guilty of terrorism so that can go gone and start plotting their next atrocity? Perhaps the Harry Dunns parents should stop pursuing Sacoolas, it's alright she's deported/left the country so not our problem anymore. Goodbye.
What a ridiculous statement.
The Harry Dunn situation is completely different. She hasn't been tried for starters. What a ridiculous statement.

Users who are viewing this thread