The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (21 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alan Dugdales Moustache

That’s for the weekend. Festival in a park. Live music. Loads of beer, and some tasty women around. Enjoy your keyboard.
..... bullshit at its absolute best.

Last edited:

Grendel

The suggestion was that there are high tariffs in some Asian countries, e.g. China, and that the original option was the UK, but after the EU FTA was signed Singapore was chosen. Singapore having the advantage of proximity to Asian markets and the FTA with the EU.

Which would be a preference for Singapore as against Global Britain. Doesn’t show enormous confidence. Dyson said that Singapore is a high cost base and therefore low costs wasn’t the factor .

No evidence oh dear

Grendel

Jo Swinson is talking herself up as PM material.

A person so fucking deluded and out of touch that it should guarantee her a seat on the Sky Blue Trust board...

Mart would though

Astute

I am not interested. I am talking about one specific decision. Global Britain wasn’t as good an option as Singapore.
What wages have to be paid in Singapore?

If you have good qualifications/skills you can earn a lot of money. But there is no minimum wage and a lot of migrant workers. So a constant supply of cheap labour and open markets.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

So you admit you were walking talking out your arse regarding FTA - good
He doesn't care where it comes out as long as he's blabbing to the masses.

RegTheDonk

By that logic leave shouldn't have been on the referendum ballot as it lost when we voted to join. If Scotland got a second vote should independence be left off because it lost last time?

Things change. A lot of what was offered/promised to entice people to vote Leave has been proven to be untrue. The idea negotiating an exit deal would be easy has proven incorrect. I doubt most people didn't even consider the Irish border implications initially as it wasn't even mentioned over here.
Nothing has changed the three principal reasons people voted leave.

Contol of borders,
Stopping Brussels superseding our laws,
Spunking money to the EU.

Its down to the idiots we put into power to sort out the details. Not much different from picking Saturdays team...everybody thinks they know who we should play, but we leave the manager to get us the points.

RegTheDonk

Why is everyone who lives outside of the UK so interested in how badly things are going to be for us? You say life is grand well good luck to you. Live it up. Let a few of the moaning bleeders here come and live with you as the UK is so fkd up.

shmmeee

Nothing has changed the three principal reasons people voted leave.

Contol of borders,
Stopping Brussels superseding our laws,
Spunking money to the EU.

Its down to the idiots we put into power to sort out the details. Not much different from picking Saturdays team...everybody thinks they know who we should play, but we leave the manager to get us the points.

And nothing has changed with respect to:

1) Our own governments choosing this level of immigration and lack of controls. Or their wish for it to continue whether in or out of the EU for the sake of cheap labour.

2) Our Parliament has always been sovereign and we’ve had a veto. Every law our own parliament have voted into action. Again, blame the government of the day. Regardless of that, no Brexiters has actually managed to find a law they want to see shot of other than explorative employers wanting rid of workers rights. Mostly the laws they do find actually come from Britain.

3) Our economy is a net benefactor from the EU once all the rebates, investment programs and economic benefits are factored in.

It’s just a nice simple answer that allows the government to blame someone else and people have fallen for it hook line and sinker because it cuts through any required knowledge of politics to basically a “yeah fuck things up a bit, can’t get any worse, eh?” Feeling.

Well it can get worse. The 70s were worse. The 30s were worse. We aren’t invincible, and we’re about to throw away one of our most effective weapons against super powers and fight with one arm tied behind our back.

SkyblueBazza

It’s an unmitigated disaster that will make us all poorer for a generation
Whereas we would've been slowly ground down to the same level over many more generations had we stayed, & the pace would have gathered anyway. The plan in crude terms is to rape all the richer nations to benefit the poorer ones (& the wealthy across the world who invest in them) so that everyone inhabiting the EU is on a level playing field.

Many, rightly or wrongly, are simply unhappy to give up their currently higher standard of living.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

skybluetony176

Not really no...it's been a trend with many of the longer established car makers long before Brexit hasn't it?

Now owned by a French owner. What incentive is there for a French car manufacturer to produce cars sold mainly in the EU in a no deal WTO brexit Britain? Especially when said owner has manufacturing plants all across the EU. Mini will be next.

Grendel

Now owned by a French owner. What incentive is there for a French car manufacturer to produce cars sold mainly in the EU in a no deal WTO brexit Britain? Especially when said owner has manufacturing plants all across the EU.

The same incentive as when the same owner closed Ryton when Brexit was not even an idea I’d sssume

Grendel

Hardly. I’m sure even you’re capable of working out that there’s a difference between a FTA and WTO terms. Despite pretending that there isn’t.

Why did they close Ryton? Vauxhall is a basket case and every car they sell from that plant costs a fortune and has for years, I’m amazed the brand still exists at all. Opel is the European brand in Germany, the plant is never profitable and hasn’t been as long as I can remember

Did you link the good news the other week about JLR and electrification?

SkyblueBazza

Now owned by a French owner. What incentive is there for a French car manufacturer to produce cars sold mainly in the EU in a no deal WTO brexit Britain? Especially when said owner has manufacturing plants all across the EU. Mini will be next.

Vauxhall is a subsidiary of Opel (German) in turn owned by PSA (French). The Vauxhall brand is almost exclusive to the UK.

Some would argue it was only a matter of time.

Mini is German owned...& may well be next for all you & I know. That leaves a huge chasm for a British entrepreneur(s) to fire up home owned car manufacturing, which left to our devices we might quite good at.

skybluetony176

Why did they close Ryton? Vauxhall is a basket case and every car they sell from that plant costs a fortune and has for years, I’m amazed the brand still exists at all. Opel is the European brand in Germany, the plant is never profitable and hasn’t been as long as I can remember

Did you link the good news the other week about JLR and electrification?

It was only in June it was announced that the new Astra was going to be built in Ellesmere and used as a brexit Britain is open for business good news story. A little over a month later and a new PM and now the future of Ellesmere has gone from secure into in trouble. How is WTO going to stop that?

skybluetony176

Vauxhall is a subsidiary of Opel (German) in turn owned by PSA (French). The Vauxhall brand is almost exclusive to the UK.

Some would argue it was only a matter of time.

Mini is German owned...& may well be next for all you & I know. That leaves a huge chasm for a British entrepreneur(s) to fire up home owned car manufacturing, which left to our devices we might quite good at.

It was only in June that it was announced that Ellesmere Ports future has been secured with a commitment to build the new Astra there. What’s changed in a month?

You mean British Entrepreneurs like Dyson who’s building a car factory in Singapore which has a trade agreement with the EU?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Whereas we would've been slowly ground down to the same level over many more generations had we stayed, & the pace would have gathered anyway. The plan in crude terms is to rape all the richer nations to benefit the poorer ones (& the wealthy across the world who invest in them) so that everyone inhabiting the EU is on a level playing field.

Many, rightly or wrongly, are simply unhappy to give up their currently higher standard of living.

But if that's the plan why is it all apparently masterminded by Germany, one of the richest of the EU nations?

I assume first time a person goes to a doctor and they say it's a condition that will only deteriorate for the rest of their life you'd tell them to just ask for the cyanide tablet or the bullet to the head immediately? Doesn't matter it'll happen over a long time and there'll still be plenty they can enjoy doing during their life and during that time there'll be research into medicines etc to improve the condition. Or that it'd leave their children and grandchildren vulnerable because they haven't got life assurance or a will? All that matters is it's a deteriorating condition so may as well get it over with now.

In fact fuck it - we all know one day the world will be uninhabitable so lets just get all the nukes and fire them all at once and just get it over with - it's only going to slowly happen anyway.

Grendel

It was only in June it was announced that the new Astra was going to be built in Ellesmere and used as a brexit Britain is open for business good news story. A little over a month later and a new PM and now the future of Ellesmere has gone from secure into in trouble. How is WTO going to stop that?

Oh I think it might be a tactic don’t you?

Did you link the excellent news about JLR?

SkyblueBazza

Hardly. I’m sure even you’re capable of working out that there’s a difference between a FTA and WTO terms. Despite pretending that there isn’t.
Shame you are not able to work out that a significant number of buyers sticking 2 fingers up to EU models as things develop is a major concern to car manufacturers. Especially if the likes of yourself are right & import costs mean higher prices, it will mean people hang on to cars longer & starve these companies. Now I suspect you will argue that a 70m populated nation with a large proportion of 2 or even 3 car families will not be missed by VW etc. - but the market will stagnate & they either shrink, die or absorb losses leading to higher unemployment across the EU too.

There will be no significant winners...so stop gloating. The country has said what it wants, & it wants out. And that is what Bojo is promising to deliver whether you, he or I likes what that looks like 10-20yrs from now.

Most of the country just wants to get on with it imo

SkyblueBazza

It was only in June that it was announced that Ellesmere Ports future has been secured with a commitment to build the new Astra there. What’s changed in a month?

You mean British Entrepreneurs like Dyson who’s building a car factory in Singapore which has a trade agreement with the EU?
In a word? No

SkyblueBazza

But if that's the plan why is it all apparently masterminded by Germany, one of the richest of the EU nations?

I assume first time a person goes to a doctor and they say it's a condition that will only deteriorate for the rest of their life you'd tell them to just ask for the cyanide tablet or the bullet to the head immediately? Doesn't matter it'll happen over a long time and there'll still be plenty they can enjoy doing during their life and during that time there'll be research into medicines etc to improve the condition. Or that it'd leave their children and grandchildren vulnerable because they haven't got life assurance or a will? All that matters is it's a deteriorating condition so may as well get it over with now.

In fact fuck it - we all know one day the world will be uninhabitable so lets just get all the nukes and fire them all at once and just get it over with - it's only going to slowly happen anyway.
Why??? Because they have masterminded it so that whilst other rich nations gradually suffer, Germany remains a net beneficiary. Look at the stats...Germany has continued to benefit whereas others have been more flatlined or worse over the years.

skybluetony176

Shame you are not able to work out that a significant number of buyers sticking 2 fingers up to EU models as things develop is a major concern to car manufacturers. Especially if the likes of yourself are right & import costs mean higher prices, it will mean people hang on to cars longer & starve these companies. Now I suspect you will argue that a 70m populated nation with a large proportion of 2 or even 3 car families will not be missed by VW etc. - but the market will stagnate & they either shrink, die or absorb losses leading to higher unemployment across the EU too.

There will be no significant winners...so stop gloating. The country has said what it wants, & it wants out. And that is what Bojo is promising to deliver whether you, he or I likes what that looks like 10-20yrs from now.

Most of the country just wants to get on with it imo

Ironically every brexit voter I know drives a brand new BMW or Mercedes. I’m not gloating, I’m concerned as we all should be. This story isn’t isolated to 1 Vauxhall factory, this is a story that is becoming commonplace all across the UK in manufacturing.

SkyblueBazza

I think I’m glad I don’t work in Vauxhall’s Ellesmere Ports factory.

Do you think Vauxhall’s workers will be able to take comfort in JLR’s exelent news?
I doubt it initially, but given time...speaking from experience, quality of life improves. I got redundancy twice & am happier with life now than I was. 5yrs it took to find where I am at...but I got there. It is a question of attitude. I fear most for those with one like yours tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread