The EU: In, out, shake it all about.... (12 Viewers)

As of right now, how are thinking of voting? In or out

• Remain

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • Leave

Votes: 35 56.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Not registered or not intention to vote

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skybluetony176

See how things change? I say meddling - you say interfereing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I didn’t and the point still stands. The article you linked by the way does say interfering. Maybe the problem is you don’t understand your own link rather than SB not understanding your post.

Astute

They aren’t being ignored.
Correct. But it took countries outside the EU to show what the German car makers had been up to and that those running the EU had tried to keep it hidden. They knew about it for years yet did nothing.

Grendel

Corbyn is the leader of the opposition in the UK, how can he be seen as interfering? Trump’s approach to the UK is predatory, if he had his way the UK will soon be falling into line with USA standards as he takes advantage of the country’s vulnerability.

As usual it’ll be the poor suffering with no choice but to buy shitty US imports.

Corbyn has always favoured a non trading ban through the Eu so that is utter nonsense as he’s object to protectionism through a trading block

I assume that this is the chicken debate again which has no worse health issues than the factory farms through Europe

Astute

No, I didn’t. I jumped in to criticise your view that people are turning against the EU because of the people running it. Your favourite example happens to be Selmayr. You refuse to acknowledge that by your own standards, May being allowed to appoint the head of the UK civil service without any transparent process is worse. The EU is not falling apart and I have not heard people going on about such things ( e.g. Selmayr) - outside of the UK right wing MSM. The discussion has been about a Europe of fatherlands, or of basic social standards, or the benefits of the EU, or the advantage / disadvantages of the EURO, the environment etc..

You tend to make sweeping statements full of Faragist cliches.
And yet again you are full of shite.

How about showing evidence of what you have said here? That would be a first.

I said that I don't trust those running the EU. I stated why. Then you brought Selmayr I to it and tried to say I did.

And here you go again. The UK has a long standing process. The UK kept to this. Yet you make out it is wrong.

The EU made rules, regulations and laws to make sure it was fair on all 28 countries. They broke the rules,regulations and laws to put in place who they wanted. Someone who will make sure reform won't happen. Yet you try your best to make out it isn't a problem when you admitted before that it was a major problem.

I don't know why I am trying to debate with you. I would get further hitting my head against a brick wall. And it would also be more enjoyable.

Astute

He is the only one leading a party with the aim of leaving the EU, so he would be out of place anyway. The others would be happy with a more racist EU.
May of the Tories?

Just about all of them who want to replace her?

djr8369

Corbyn has always favoured a non trading ban through the Eu so that is utter nonsense as he’s object to protectionism through a trading block

I assume that this is the chicken debate again which has no worse health issues than the factory farms through Europe

It’d not just about chicken though is it? It’s about members of our establishment working with American disaster capitalists who have spent years cultivating an anti-Europe narrative so they can break us off for their own ends. It’s happening in plain sight but they rely on peoples prejudices clouding their judgement while they will tear down our regulations and standards so they can make a bit more money.

This has led us to having a populist party with no manifesto, no members and an unelected leader topping the polls. That is a complete disaster for our politics.

I think deep down you know all this to be true but you’ve been indoctrinated for so long to not trust the EU that you will look the other way why some fascists sell off the countries remaining assets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Claiming he is interfering in a similar way to Trump is absurd. There are other areas where they’ll want standards reduced, not just poultry. Enjoy.

Grendel

It’d not just about chicken though is it? It’s about members of our establishment working with American disaster capitalists who have spent years cultivating an anti-Europe narrative so they can break us off for their own ends. It’s happening in plain sight but they rely on peoples prejudices clouding their judgement while they will tear down our regulations and standards so they can make a bit more money.

This has led us to having a populist party with no manifesto, no members and an unelected leader topping the polls. That is a complete disaster for our politics.

I think deep down you know all this to be true but you’ve been indoctrinated for so long to not trust the EU that you will look the other way why some fascists sell off the countries remaining assets.

The biggest anti Eu narrative was from the Labour Party in the 80’s and I’m not indoctrinated by anyone thanks

clint van damme

have stayed out of this thread for some time for the good of my mental health but thought it would be worth pointing out that on Marr today the US ambassador to the UK Woody Johnson as good as confirmed that health care would need to be part of a UK/US trade deal.
Something some of us have known for some time and something boris and farage are actively seeking but it's come from the horses mouth this morning.

Grendel

have stayed out of this thread for some time for the good of my mental health but thought it would be worth pointing out that on Marr today the US ambassador to the UK Woody Johnson as good as confirmed that health care would need to be part of a UK/US trade deal.
Something some of us have known for some time and something boris and farage are actively seeking but it's come from the horses mouth this morning.

He didn’t actually say that - I don’t actually think he understood the question.

clint van damme

He didn’t actually say that - I don’t actually think he understood the question.

there was slight ambiguity admittedly but I think he understood, and he said he thinks it would need to be part of a trade deal which as ambassador to the UK is pretty much an admission that it will need to be. Worrying.

djr8369

The biggest anti Eu narrative was from the Labour Party in the 80’s and I’m not indoctrinated by anyone thanks

I don’t know why you always bring everything back to labour as if that somehow supports your stance?

martcov

And yet again you are full of shite.

How about showing evidence of what you have said here? That would be a first.

I said that I don't trust those running the EU. I stated why. Then you brought Selmayr I to it and tried to say I did.

And here you go again. The UK has a long standing process. The UK kept to this. Yet you make out it is wrong.

The EU made rules, regulations and laws to make sure it was fair on all 28 countries. They broke the rules,regulations and laws to put in place who they wanted. Someone who will make sure reform won't happen. Yet you try your best to make out it isn't a problem when you admitted before that it was a major problem.

I don't know why I am trying to debate with you. I would get further hitting my head against a brick wall. And it would also be more enjoyable.

You are the one making claims. You show the evidence to back your claims up.

I didn’t say you brought up Selmayr. I used Selmayr as an example of your Obsession.

You make out that 3 people making an appointment without offering the job publicly is wrong. Then when May ( 1 person ) makes the same appointment in the UK without offering the job publicly, it is fine as it is a long standing tradition.

They put Selmayr into place largely because of Brexit. They needed someone with experience and balls to cover possible turmoil and any resulting changes from Brexit. Nothing to do with reforms. Juncker wants reforms himself and no doubt Selmayr is seen as capable of putting reforms into effect. He is the lead civil servant and does what he is told by the laws passed by politicians. He cannot stop reforms he doesn’t like. At best he could slow their application. But, there is no evidence that he wants to do that.

djr8369

The EU has done a pretty good job of that themselves over the last 46 years.

No, not really. This is an example of blaming the EU for the policy choices of the government.

Let’s pretend that you’re correct though. Presumably we should desperately hang on to what manufacturing we have left but it’s the Brexiters plan to let it die off. Will you celebrate that?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The EU doesn't have any money of its own, it steals it from taxpayers in member states including Britain.

Britain(UK) doesn't have any money of its own. It steals it from taxpayers of its member states England, Scotland, Wales and NI.

martcov

The EU doesn't have any money of its own, it steals it from taxpayers in member states including Britain.

No it doesn’t. I meant that the bank authority regulates all banks in the EU and therefore ultimately is responsible for the safety of all deposits in the EU. There will be plenty of high paid jobs and conferences etc. that move from London to Paris. This will benefit the economy of Paris and give France a bit more influence. But, you don’t care as long as the Brexit crock of shit goes through.

No doubt you would vote for the Farage party in a GE giving the leader a carte Blanche as there is no Farage manifesto, he cannot be removed as party leader and he has said his new democracy will cut out all party officials and groups. He will put forward policy and his paid up supporters will debate the policy. The leader will then decide how to enact the policy. The Brexit Party constitution has the hall marks of a new fascist party. If you voted leave because of perceived democratic deficiencies, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

Astute

You are the one making claims. You show the evidence to back your claims up.

I didn’t say you brought up Selmayr. I used Selmayr as an example of your Obsession.

You make out that 3 people making an appointment without offering the job publicly is wrong. Then when May ( 1 person ) makes the same appointment in the UK without offering the job publicly, it is fine as it is a long standing tradition.

They put Selmayr into place largely because of Brexit. They needed someone with experience and balls to cover possible turmoil and any resulting changes from Brexit. Nothing to do with reforms. Juncker wants reforms himself and no doubt Selmayr is seen as capable of putting reforms into effect. He is the lead civil servant and does what he is told by the laws passed by politicians. He cannot stop reforms he doesn’t like. At best he could slow their application. But, there is no evidence that he wants to do that.
Oh yes you did say I brought up Selmayr. I told you to show where I brought up Selmayr. So as usual you changed the subject and made other accusations.

Juncker wants reform? :smuggrin: Just show something that even suggests that.

Astute

No, not really. This is an example of blaming the EU for the policy choices of the government.

Let’s pretend that you’re correct though. Presumably we should desperately hang on to what manufacturing we have left but it’s the Brexiters plan to let it die off. Will you celebrate that?

Or let the EU lend money to countries outside the EU again that we loaned the EU to remove jobs from the UK?

Sounds like a bad joke but as you know it happened.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The EU has done a pretty good job of that themselves over the last 46 years.

Actually the manufacturing industry has done that itself by happily moving abroad for cheaper costs and financial help, aided by a British government focusing heavily on a service based and finance economy and not supporting British manufacturing.

martcov

Or let the EU lend money to countries outside the EU again that we loaned the EU to remove jobs from the UK?

Sounds like a bad joke but as you know it happened.

We’ve been through this BS a thousand times. That is a bad joke. You just don’t want to understand. You prefer to quote Farage and other dubious sources without ever checking the facts.

dutchman

No it doesn’t. I meant that the bank authority regulates all banks in the EU and therefore ultimately is responsible for the safety of all deposits in the EU.
The same job that the Bank of England has performed in Britain for centuries!

There will be plenty of high paid jobs and conferences etc. that move from London to Paris.
Again, good riddance!

No doubt you would vote for the Farage party in a GE
I won't be voting on EU issues in a general election and neither will many others.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Guess who doesn't know the difference between the UK and EU......

UK exists because its member states choose to be part of it and therefore have to pay into it. EU exists because member states choose to be part of it and therefore have to pay into it. If anything UK is less democratic because some of its member states were initially forced into it through military action.

Obviously there are huge differences in the way each works but the principle is the same.

martcov

Oh yes you did say I brought up Selmayr. I told you to show where I brought up Selmayr. So as usual you changed the subject and made other accusations.

Juncker wants reform? :smuggrin: Just show something that even suggests that.

European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - State of the Union 2018 – Commission proposes last elements needed for compromise on migration and border reform

There are several reports of Juncker’s reform suggestions. Just google “Juncker reform” and apologise.

Users who are viewing this thread