The Council (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Why would they not support any action against Wasps that would result in Wasps having to pay another £27m to CCC?

I get that Wasps were originally courted by the council before they came, but this regime is not completely the one that brought them and their first priority should be towards the people they represent who voted them in (citizens of Coventry, not CCFC). Is it therefore not in their interest and more importantly their duty, to actually back a claim that would result in more money for more services for the people of Coventry?

I'm sure I'm probably missing something fundamental as to why this isn't the case, so hoping someone here can enlighten me.

*and please not "they're only Wasps supporting scum". I might agree, but surely financial pressure from inside the council offices would supersede any personal loyalties.

LB87ccfc

Why would they not support any action against Wasps that would result in Wasps having to pay another £27m to CCC?

I get that Wasps were originally courted by the council before they came, but this regime is not completely the one that brought them and their first priority should be towards the people they represent who voted them in (citizens of Coventry, not CCFC). Is it therefore not in their interest and more importantly their duty, to actually back a claim that would result in more money for more services for the people of Coventry?

I'm sure I'm probably missing something fundamental as to why this isn't the case, so hoping someone here can enlighten me.

*and please not "they're only Wasps supporting scum". I might agree, but surely financial pressure from inside the council offices would supersede any personal loyalties.

Probably because the council have something to hide, hence the hysteria panicking regarding the case and using Wasps as their puppet to cover up the illegal use of taxpayers money at the time of bringing Wasps to Coventry.

KarmicChris

It would show that CCC used taxpayers money to help in a private venture, which is a no no and you’d like to think there would be some serious consequences for them.

I think? That’s my understanding of the whole state aid scenario. Happy to be proved otherwise however!

jim20

I hope the EU commission does find some illegal going’s on, not because I want SISU to win but I think it could ultimately get rid of Wasps or at least get us back to the Ricoh long term

Sky Blue Pete

They won’t find anything different to the rest of the law. Come on it’s madness to keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome

OffenhamSkyBlue

I agree with Chief, from what i understand of it having done a bit of reading around.
The JRs claimed that the actions of CCC had been unfair to CCFC/Otium/SBS&L/SISU. The EC will look at whether CCC sold their share of ACL at a lower price to Wasps than was available to SISU, or than general market value, in all its manifestations. I think the rulings from the JRs addressed certain points of law.

Sky Blue Harry H

I think there's a slight but significant difference. The judicial reviews are on the finer points of the law, the impression I get is that the EC investigation has wider scope.

I tend to agree, but also think this would be...….like Endgame, The Avengers - natty title for this saga (i.e. no more to come after that!)

On a film/saga topic, if we could get hold of Arya Stark's e-mail address (assuming she survives the last episode) could we all chip in to hire her and add a few 'nominations' to her 'list'

WillenhallSkyBlues

Surely if after all of this sisu won a court case would that not mean they’d be able to sue to the council for loss of earnings etc. Therefore putting the council massively out of pocket. That’s maybe been why they’ve been so defensive because by using possibly 15-30m of public funding they could be hit with a 100m+ compo claim

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Surely if after all of this sisu won a court case would that not mean they’d be able to sue to the council for loss of earnings etc. Therefore putting the council massively out of pocket. That’s maybe been why they’ve been so defensive because by using possibly 15-30m of public funding they could be hit with a 100m+ compo claim
Well if that’s the case, we should be asking why our council has made a catastrophic error?

Kind of like when they’ve got to come up with a plan to reduce pollution and they can’t even do that

djr8369

You need to look at it in the wider context of events.

Why do the council and wasps coordinate?
Why was a PR company involved in turning people abasing SISU (who were unpopular anyway)
Why were the council talking to the previous wasps owners?
Why are the council trying to push SISU out?
Why does the consortium appear at just the right time?
Why must any legal action be dropped if there is no wrong doing? Wasps are a business and the best business decision is to keep city at the Ricoh.
Why haven’t the council been proactive in pushing a new stadium build? It’s in their interests to have the club in the city.
Why did the council conspire behind SISUs back and lead them on in a false negotiation while they did another deal?

There aren’t many scenarios that address all these points. What might further legal investigation uncover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
You need to look at it in the wider context of events.

Why do the council and wasps coordinate?
Why was a PR company involved in turning people abasing SISU (who were unpopular anyway)
Why were the council talking to the previous wasps owners?
Why are the council trying to push SISU out?
Why does the consortium appear at just the right time?
Why must any legal action be dropped if there is no wrong doing? Wasps are a business and the best business decision is to keep city at the Ricoh.
Why haven’t the council been proactive in pushing a new stadium build? It’s in their interests to have the club in the city.
Why did the council conspire behind SISUs back and lead them on in a false negotiation while they did another deal?

There aren’t many scenarios that address all these points. What might further legal investigation uncover?

It's because they don't get questioned. Why is the sky blue trust also coordinated with them?

djr8369

It's because they don't get questioned. Why is the sky blue trust also coordinated with them?

Another to add to the list. I’m sure there’s more. Not being questioned is one of them.

Ashdown

I wish that they had gone down this bloody route before and bypassed all the other crap which has took so long !

djr8369

I wish that they had gone down this bloody route before and bypassed all the other crap which has took so long !

I think somebody said one condition of going to EC is that all other routes have already been exhausted.

Cov kid 55

I hope the EU commission does find some illegal going’s on, not because I want SISU to win but I think it could ultimately get rid of Wasps or at least get us back to the Ricoh long term
And if it is found that something was wrong with the sale, what’s wrong with SISU winning?

lifelongcityfan

do you believe the club will benefit if sisu win?? they will simply use the cash to recover their losses and the high interest they have charged the club and cut and run. By the time the case has settled the club will be dead

Nick

Administrator
do you believe the club will benefit if sisu win?? they will simply use the cash to recover their losses and the high interest they have charged the club and cut and run. By the time the case has settled the club will be dead

The tax payers and council will, won't they?

lifelongcityfan

if anyone believes that sisu are dong this for the club or the fans, i believe the fullness of time will prove otherwise. They are a hedge fund with no emotional attachment to the club..just trying to maximise the value they can extract fromit..that is what hedge funds do.
I wouldnt subscribe at all to a sisu love in...all sides are at fault imo..

Cov kid 55

Surely if SISU’s complaint is upheld, they won’t receive cash, it will just mean that the selling price of the Ricoh was too low, which may have ramifications for Wasps/CCC, and may be beneficial in the long run for CCFC?

Johnnythespider

I'd like to know how far reaching their powers are, are they like the police in that they can seize documents, computers and the like, can they find out what was said at closed council meetings with rugby club owners for instance.

Nick

Administrator
if anyone believes that sisu are dong this for the club or the fans, i believe the fullness of time will prove otherwise. They are a hedge fund with no emotional attachment to the club..just trying to maximise the value they can extract fromit..that is what hedge funds do.
I wouldnt subscribe at all to a sisu love in...all sides are at fault imo..

It's as if you ignored the reply to what you said to go off on one about something else.

BobbyDazzler

Surely if SISU’s complaint is upheld, they won’t receive cash, it will just mean that the selling price of the Ricoh was too low, which may have ramifications for Wasps/CCC, and may be beneficial in the long run for CCFC?
It’s a distressing tactic, surely? Prove state aid, Wasps have to pay more and then go out of business, SISU pick up the stadium at a knock down price.

lifelongcityfan

It's as if you ignored the reply to what you said to go off on one about something else.
Nick

i rarely bother posting on here...every time i come on, i see you are hounding down people who do not agree with you..you may not have noticed that many are like myself and do not post. why do you believe you are right all the time?
To say i have gone offon something else impliesihave posted many replies...pleas ***off and get a life .

perhaps set up a site for menopasual women

Nick

Administrator
Nick

i rarely bother posting on here...every time i come on, i see you are hounding down people who do not agree with you..you may not have noticed that many are like myself and do not post. why do you believe you are right all the time?

Shocker.

Was I hounding when I replied to your point you seemed to have missed?

If you don't want to listen to things and just aimlessly drone on, that's your choice.

Nick

Administrator
look at all your threads..75% are obsessed with proving you aree right..when actually you do not know any more than the rest

giphy.gif

I will break it down to make it simple.

You said:

I said:

The tax payers and council will, won't they?

Try to keep up. I guess the thread title was too appealing ;)

Users who are viewing this thread