The Club Shop (1 Viewer)

AiS86

I retract my previous statement, it seems all football leisurewear is shite, unless it's a retro range/at least based on kits
1700657931974.png

Brighton Sky Blue

Jim Carrey Lol GIF

Alkhunt... Genius 🤣
Typo

Alkhen

Really? The colours were shit on the FMC Hummel. It was nothing like the original.
Yeah I liked some of their stuff and you have got to applaud the effort put in ... but it definitely they weren't 1:1 replicas and some of the stuff was a tad wonky scaling and colour wise. Id imagine that colour matching and sizing of badges must be a real ballache when getting stuff done in batches from china or wherever.

Either way what FMC did would be impossible for the club to do due to licences and copyright. Shame as there is definitely a demand for it.

AJB1983

Yeah I liked some of their stuff and you have got to applaud the effort put in ... but it definitely they weren't 1:1 replicas and some of the stuff was a tad wonky scaling and colour wise. Id imagine that colour matching and sizing of badges must be a real ballache when getting stuff done in batches from china or wherever.

Either way what FMC did would be impossible for the club to do due to licences and copyright. Shame as there is definitely a demand for it.
I reckon we could do it - spurs are doing it…. Got proper Hummel remakes of quite a few kits, and also proper Pony and Admiral ones - with sponsors too.
Only one that isn’t official is the Umbro kits they do.

Alkhen

I reckon we could do it - spurs are doing it…. Got proper Hummel remakes of quite a few kits, and also proper Pony and Admiral ones - with sponsors too.
Only one that isn’t official is the Umbro kits they do.

Interesting, so doable. But you'd have to imagine the customer base for spurs stuff is way bigger than ours.

AJB1983

Interesting, so doable. But you'd have to imagine the customer base for spurs stuff is way bigger than ours.
True - and presumably what they pay the suppliers for it too.

last season Southampton had proper Hummel replicas of their original of this years kit.
So I’m hoping that’s what we’ll get - a proper 1988/89 replica with Granada bingo and everything.
Or they’ve done a deal with Score Draw who do all the other retro replicas - although I’m not sure which ones I’d really want to be fair. I’m very picky - I’d sooner have a proper retro replica like those spurs ones with all the proper badges etc, or the original shirt, or not at all - not the ‘half baked’ ones without the manufacturers logo on.

fernandopartridge

There used to be that person/shop who sold replica retro Cov stuff on ebay and I think also had a website. Can't remember the name but they were really good quality, and you often still see people wearing their shirts around the ground.
Not surprised I assume the club shut them down as they were selling Hummel branded items just as we re-signed with Hummel, but it was a shame as their range was really nice
FMC wasn't it

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Alkhen

True - and presumably what they pay the suppliers for it too.

last season Southampton had proper Hummel replicas of their original of this years kit.
So I’m hoping that’s what we’ll get - a proper 1988/89 replica with Granada bingo and everything.
Or they’ve done a deal with Score Draw who do all the other retro replicas - although I’m not sure which ones I’d really want to be fair. I’m very picky - I’d sooner have a proper retro replica like those spurs ones with all the proper badges etc, or the original shirt, or not at all - not the ‘half baked’ ones without the manufacturers logo on.
yeah I'd rather full on replicas, no reason we can't at least have the hummel ones.

I do wonder if those spurs ones are old stock (still replicas not 80s stock) from before Hummel ramped up their business again. They were quite small fry up until a few years ago when they started chasing teams. Does seem odd that Nike would be ok with Spurs selling new stuff from a competitor

Tommo1993

Browsing the club shop today and saw some of the casual things on offer. Polos with the badges sewn on. Badge looks tatty and out of proportion. Not so sure I’d want the replica shirts with sewn badges now…

Gaz71

Really? The colours were shit on the FMC Hummel. It was nothing like the original.

That’s a bit harsh saying it’s nothing like the original, I admit the blue was a darker shade than the original, it was hard to match the colours from the shirt to a Pantone chart.
e099a638f1c2bfaff1907a3981ef0893.jpg

skybluelee

That’s a bit harsh saying it’s nothing like the original, I admit the blue was a darker shade than the original, it was hard to match the colours from the shirt to a Pantone chart.
e099a638f1c2bfaff1907a3981ef0893.jpg
The colours are miles different from the original. I stupidly bought one and up against my original the difference is stark. Which is why the club and Hummel need to get their arses in gear and release proper retro stuff that does match.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This should probably be an e-mail to the merch dept, but maybe they'll see it here anyway.

I've got a coupe of problems with the stuff.

First is quite simple - I think much of it is overpriced.

Second is to do with the fare on offer. I find a lot of it just too tacky at my age. I don't want a hoody or a t-shirt with a massive Cov badge plastered over it. I'm sure for kids, even up to young teens, this is perfectly fine. But as an adult I want something more understated. I buy a fair few of the replica shirts, but in reality rarely wear them. They end up getting stored away after just a handful of wears each.

So for stuff that might tempt me, given the price was reasonable, I'd think T-shirts or (preferably) polo shirts with a small club crest or CCFC transferred/embroidered on the chest/sleeve in the same colour as the shirt, so it's there, but not drawing attention.

More formally, even shirts with a tastefully embroidered badge on the top pocket would be ok. Again either in the same colour thread or at a push maybe done in the shirt colours, so it could be a sky blue shirt with white/dark blue embroidery or vice versa. Away shirt this year could be red with blue embroidery or green with black embroidery. Something that lets you feel you're wearing the team colours but doing so in a bit more 'grown-up' way.

Tommo1993

This should probably be an e-mail to the merch dept, but maybe they'll see it here anyway.

I've got a coupe of problems with the stuff.

First is quite simple - I think much of it is overpriced.

Second is to do with the fare on offer. I find a lot of it just too tacky at my age. I don't want a hoody or a t-shirt with a massive Cov badge plastered over it. I'm sure for kids, even up to young teens, this is perfectly fine. But as an adult I want something more understated. I buy a fair few of the replica shirts, but in reality rarely wear them. They end up getting stored away after just a handful of wears each.

So for stuff that might tempt me, given the price was reasonable, I'd think T-shirts or (preferably) polo shirts with a small club crest or CCFC transferred/embroidered on the chest/sleeve in the same colour as the shirt, so it's there, but not drawing attention.

More formally, even shirts with a tastefully embroidered badge on the top pocket would be ok. Again either in the same colour thread or at a push maybe done in the shirt colours, so it could be a sky blue shirt with white/dark blue embroidery or vice versa. Away shirt this year could be red with blue embroidery or green with black embroidery. Something that lets you feel you're wearing the team colours but doing so in a bit more 'grown-up' way.

The embroidery is looking a bit naff as well though.

IMG_1082.jpeg

David O'Day

The colours are miles different from the original. I stupidly bought one and up against my original the difference is stark. Which is why the club and Hummel need to get their arses in gear and release proper retro stuff that does match.
it's not that bad, also I bet your original has faded a bit as well

chiefdave

the colours are probably at least in part down to the way things are sublimation printed now. its why when we have patterned shirts they look a slightly different shade of blue to the sleeves / shorts. Its nearly impossible to match

hamertime

Went to the club shop today, unsurprisingly I was the only one in there as it says it closed on a Sunday in the clubs main website and google listing…..

Loads of good stock though so defiantly a big improvement.

speedie87

Went to the club shop today, unsurprisingly I was the only one in there as it says it closed on a Sunday in the clubs main website and google listing…..

You note if they have the ccfc towels in shop? Quality any good?

speedie87

Do you know if it’s always open Sunday’s? As you say it says closed on the listing, thinking of driving up tomorrow

ajsccfc

I know they've had numerous issues with stock and delivery and what have you, but I was tempted by the 20% on the third kit + free delivery, ordered and it was with me within less than a day which is really impressive. Double bonus surprise is that they use Evri and yet it wasn't delivered through my window with a brick

Adge

We had a walk around the Leeds shop yesterday before the game-puts our conservative outlet into perspective really. To be expected though with being in the Prem last year. A decent offer on 2 for 1 for last years kit.

hamertime

Cheers! Indeed it was, imagine how much business they’d do if they told people they were open for business!
Went again today myself it was dead. Told the staff again everyone thinks it’s closed they laughed and said it was better for them….

Terry Gibson's perm

Sale on get your 2022 and 2023 calendars at rock bottom prices.

Seriously there is some other stuff on there

Users who are viewing this thread