The Christmas 2021 thread (3 Viewers)

OffenhamSkyBlue

I remember 2010 snowfall. I'd not long moved to the Isle of Wight.View attachment 23141
You were clearly dreaming of a Wight Christmas, HH!

We lived near Cambridge then, and the snow started as we were driving home from doing the Xmas shopping two weeks before. We got dumped on and it stuck around for ages. I don't recall whether it actually snowed on Christmas Day though. It was a cold one in early 2009 too (so after Christmas) and it lay deep and crisp and even for several weeks (in Surrey/Hants)

skyblueinBaku

Really good if you can get one, the flavours become a bit different to how each meat tastes on their own. Bit hard to find though
We've had one a couple of times: very nice but bloody expensive.

lifeskyblue

2: Melchior and Balthasar…want to say Caspar for third but maybe confusing wise men and little white ghosts.

Presumably for 1: it’s to do with St Nicholas’ birthday but no idea when that is.

Shout out to you Daz, your wife and all other NHS/care Staff on here. Hope you all have a great Christmas although I’m sure it will be extremely busy as Omicron ramps up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sky_Blue_Daz

Been sounded out about some potential overtime Christmas Eve and possibly Christmas Day

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My missus sent me out to look for a fairy for the tree..........
Fairy on tree.jpg

rob9872

Is anyone playing Whamageddon? We played for the first time this year and I've smashed it. Wife went on 1st, daughter on 3rd but I'm still going. I'm sure it will get harder as it gets closer but hopefully will make it all the way to 24th.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Shout out to everyone who’s finished today , I was working in a school today and all the teachers and the assistants were clock watching from about 1:40

chiefdave

Shout out to everyone who’s finished today , I was working in a school today and all the teachers and the assistants were clock watching from about 1:40
Finishing today??? I'll be lucky if I finish at 5:30pm next Friday! Can't remember the last time I finished at the time I get paid up until.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Got a couple of jobs to do today , then Christmas films from about 5pm Nativity or elf then polar express

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Favourite Christmas film? Mine will always be any film based on "A Christmas Carol". (Favourite version is "Scrooge" with Alastair Sim). I must have seen loads and also watched repeats, but I love this story. Charles Dickens at his absolute best! (Oh, and I've read the book no end of times!)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Favourite Christmas film? Mine will always be any film based on "A Christmas Carol". (Favourite version is "Scrooge" with Alastair Sim). I must have seen loads and also watched repeats, but I love this story. Charles Dickens at his absolute best! (Oh, and I've read the book no end of times!)
Quite weird but mine are Santa Claus: The Movie and The Snowman because we would go to my nan's on Xmas Eve and those tended to be the films that were on when we got there so for me that's when it feels like Christmas proper has started.

fernandopartridge

Is anyone playing Whamageddon? We played for the first time this year and I've smashed it. Wife went on 1st, daughter on 3rd but I'm still going. I'm sure it will get harder as it gets closer but hopefully will make it all the way to 24th.
No, but Last Christmas was the first Christmas song I've heard this year. Working from home permanently I've barely heard any as don't listen to the radio much either.

rob9872

No, but Last Christmas was the first Christmas song I've heard this year. Working from home permanently I've barely heard any as don't listen to the radio much either.
I'm out now anyhow. Heard it on the way back this morning. 19 days was a decent effort and sets the bench for next year.

Bugsy

Sky_Blue_Daz

Most presents dropped off , daughters presents wrapped .2 nightshifts to go then a quick spring tidy round the house .

Users who are viewing this thread