The Christmas 2021 thread (1 Viewer)

Sbarcher

With a username like "oldfiver", I should've guessed! I think there's a few more of us 'silver surfers' on the forum. Need to start our own mini-thread! "Oldies Only"! ;)
I'm in!

Sky_Blue_Daz

A Christmas quiz question

Whoever gets it right can set the next on and so on
In which classic novel does the protagonist set sail for a sea voyage on a cold Christmas Day

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just watching the It’s always sunny in Philadelphia Christmas special

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
A Christmas quiz question

Whoever gets it right can set the next on and so on
In which classic novel does the protagonist set sail for a sea voyage on a cold Christmas Day
One of my favourite books when I was a nipper. "Moby Dick." The first line, I believe, is "Call me, Ishmael!"

Houchens Head

Name the Artist and Title of this Christmas Number One Album......
Christmas Number 1 Album.jpg

skyblue1991

Sticking to the music theme, what is the only song that has been Christmas number 1 twice?

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

Sticking to the music theme, what is the only song that has been Christmas number 1 twice?

Houchens Head

Slade? That bloody awful Merry Xmas Ev'rybody?

olderskyblue

One of my favourite books when I was a nipper. "Moby Dick." The first line, I believe, is "Call me, Ishmael!"
That’s the first line of the first chapter, but it’s not the start of the book.

skyblue1991

Slade? That bloody awful Merry Xmas Ev'rybody?
Nope, just the once in the 70s
Do they know it's Christmas has been (84 and 04)
Forgot about Band Aid! I'll rephrase my question

Which is the only single that has been Christmas number 1 twice performed by the same artist? Means Band Aid, Band Aid II and Band Aid 20 are classed as different artists.

Sky_Blue_Daz

What’s your favourite Christmas special ?

Houchens Head

One of my favourite 70s bands and albums!

T Rex - Electric Warrior

Do you have anything by Tyrannosaurus Rex, (before they shortened it to just T. Rex)? I used to have a vinyl album of theirs titled "Unicorn". Lost that decades ago, but found the CD of it in a charity shop a few years ago. I'd never sell it on now.
20211210_105113.jpg
20211210_105127.jpg

Sky_Blue_Daz

When’s everyone finish for Christmas?

I got this weekend off then late shifts Monday, tuesday and nightshift Wednesday/ Thursday finish Christmas Eve morning .

Sky_Blue_Daz

Soz, Daz. I've been finishing for Christmas every day for the last 11 years or so! (Retired! ;) )
Don't apologise mate, you've done your work. My wife and I both work for the NHS, this is the second Christmas in a row that we have both been off Christmas eve and Christmas night, although we have done 20 odd between us over the years .

Houchens Head

Don't apologise mate, you've done your work. My wife and I both work for the NHS, this is the second Christmas in a row that we have both been off Christmas eve and Christmas night, although we have done 20 odd between us over the years .
I was a bus driver in Cov during most of the 1980's. My "summer holiday" always seemed to be around March or April. I can't remember having a Christmas period off either. Just Christmas Day then back on Boxing Day. Then had to work a shift on New Years day, so hats off to you Daz. I bow down to all NHS workers. They've saved my life on four occasions in the past. My niece is a HART paramedic up in Scotland. So proud of her. Her mum (my sister) was killed in a car crash in 1972, and I believe that's why she chose this vocation.

Users who are viewing this thread