The boat/James (1 Viewer)

pusbccfc

I don't believe he would try and rip off fans like that. Far too easy to get caught out.

I know of the guy and know he's done the Twist and Shout for years. I'm sure he's been trying to make money from his coach schemes, which is fine. However, I don't think he's ripped off any fans.

His coaches have been significantly cheaper than the ones the club run (through a guy who is a cov fan) .

mark82

I don't believe he would try and rip off fans like that. Far too easy to get caught out.

I know of the guy and know he's done the Twist and Shout for years. I'm sure he's been trying to make money from his coach schemes, which is fine. However, I don't think he's ripped off any fans.

His coaches have been significantly cheaper than the ones the club run (through a guy who is a cov fan) .

I'm not sure why he would intentionally rip people off. He's essentially running a small business and something like this will effectively stop any future earnings, let alone the fact he is open to legal action from those who booked with him from which compensation will far outweigh the money he has taken in. If he has acted fraudulently it's a very stupid thing to do.

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Surely all it takes is for James to provide screenshots / evidence of the booking, no? Have we seen it yet, because I don't believe we have.

The silence is deafening.

harvey098

I have defended him on here and Facebook but those screenshots from the company are quite telling. Now I’m confused (but happy to jump on the bandwagon for my £30 back haha). As said above it doesn’t make sense for him to kill his business by doing this. The gain is surely not worth all the aggro which he surely knew would come.

I got to the ground on Saturday about 2 and he wasn’t selling his badges where he normally does at that time. Did anyone see him or did he duck it?

Nick

Administrator
I don't get why the company would reveal how much he paid them etc? All seems a bit strange. (unless of course they don't think they have done anything wrong so don't want any hassle)

christonabike

Probably thought it best not to be around and didn’t want any argy bargy.
Best he shows us the invoice to keep it on an even keel so he can have his say.

rob9872

I'm not sure some of those posts should be on here Nick until confirmed they're accurate, so might be worth temporarily closing this thread or deleting a couple of posts until clarified.

I'm not taking sides on this as I don't know James, but he took nearly 5k people to Wembley, has a charity element on his coach prices and runs international games too - also a City fan if that adds any weight. I also hope he clarifies his side, but don't think any more conjecture without facts is the way to go on this one.

Johnnythespider

I have defended him on here and Facebook but those screenshots from the company are quite telling. Now I’m confused (but happy to jump on the bandwagon for my £30 back haha). As said above it doesn’t make sense for him to kill his business by doing this. The gain is surely not worth all the aggro which he surely knew would come.

I got to the ground on Saturday about 2 and he wasn’t selling his badges where he normally does at that time. Did anyone see him or did he duck it?
He was there when i went in, so not ducking anything. I'm surprised at these e mails but have to say that the boat company are hardly likely to say "yeah we mugged him and yourselves off"
2+2=5

Adge

Not sure about the boat business but I have been on his coaches many times from the Wallace etc and never had an issue. Always £6-£7 cheaper than the clubs extortion for travel.

harvey098

He was there when i went in, so not ducking anything. I'm surprised at these e mails but have to say that the boat company are hardly likely to say "yeah we mugged him and yourselves off"
2+2=5

Fair enough. As I said originally on this thread, seeing the way he was on the boat I can’t imagine for a second that it was planned. I think he’s just been sloppy but those figures are just SO different, I don’t know how he missed it!

Nick

Administrator
I'm not sure some of those posts should be on here Nick until confirmed they're accurate, so might be worth temporarily closing this thread or deleting a couple of posts until clarified.

I'm not taking sides on this as I don't know James, but he took nearly 5k people to Wembley, has a charity element on his coach prices and runs international games too - also a City fan if that adds any weight. I also hope he clarifies his side, but don't think any more conjecture without facts is the way to go on this one.

I think the only reason it's still open is that James is a member so he can reply / disprove things. If he wasn't a member and was getting the abuse without a way to reply it would probably be a bit different.

Greggs

As soon as greed gets the better of you, it's game over. This case is a perfect example of greed!

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm with Rob on this one. Don't know all the facts, then unfair to accuse. If you do, that's different.

The Lurker

I'm with Rob on this one. Don't know all the facts, then unfair to accuse. If you do, that's different.
facts are there for all to see. hes made 7 grand of cov fans in 1 day. then lied about the boat saying they didn’t know it was football fans. also he’s not refunded fans yet. how anyone can stick up for him after this is very strange

Turtle87

It seems that people are people are missing the fact that James quoted the boat company saying that £7k was spent on free drinks and the boat company said otherwise. To all those saying that accusations should stop I will edit the original comment and just leave the facts there for people to make their own mind up. All I am using are the facts (quoted costs) James put up on this forum himself and the costs quoted by the boat company to get to the bottom of who was actually in the wrong and who is lying.

This could all be stopped by James just showing proof that the boat company are looking to charge him £9,575. It is all that is needed here.

What I don't understand overall is if the total that James is quoting is true and the boat company are lying, coupled together with the fact that James is offering all on the boat £20 back out of the £30 per head, this means he is going to be down to the tune of £6,455 (refund £6,240 + boat bill £9,575 = £15,815. People paid £30 x 312 on the boat = £9,360. £9,360-£15,815 = £6,455). If you take the £2,244 quoted by the boat company plus the refund of £6,240 you're looking at a total of £8,484 that it is costing James leaving the profit of £876 (as mentioned in the original post).

Nothing adds up! If the boat company are lying then they will lose a lot business as they are used by a lot of companies that I work with. I personally hope they are and that James proves it with a screengrab of confirmation of it all. I just don't know why they would lie but then equally to other people's point, why would James risk it? Just need James to start refunding people and for him to just put this to bed once and for all with proof of what he said around the quote.

I will leave it there. I hope we get some answers soon.

Last edited:

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Yes they have. The price James paid is personal data.

Hmm... So there's an issue somewhere, huh?

1) Sharing personal data against the Data Protection Act 2018 and some potential defamatory comments, OR

2) Defrauding 300+ people

One way to solve this is by Jimbo sharing the screenshots, correspondence and/or invoices. It's been confirmed before that they have this in writing. Why not just prove it and be done with it? I can't speak highly enough of him, but for his own sake he needs to provide something to prove it was just a cock up.

Covstu

If they were just quoting general prices rather than the specific prices detailed to James then surely this isn't a breach. Regardless there is a large deficit and no one knows where this has gone but I am sure this will come out in the wash!

reserving judgement for now but still cannot believe that someone making a side business would blatantly do this plus then attend the day knowing he is likely to get this much abuse?

Nick

Administrator
If they were just quoting general prices rather than the specific prices detailed to James then surely this isn't a breach. Regardless there is a large deficit and no one knows where this has gone but I am sure this will come out in the wash!

reserving judgement for now but still cannot believe that someone making a side business would blatantly do this plus then attend the day knowing he is likely to get this much abuse?

It looks like they are quoting exactly what he paid. Usually companies would just say they can't give that information.

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Any screeshots for people who aren't on Facebook i.e. me because I'm a nosey bastard?

There's over 400 replies to the same message which has been posted by Turtle.

390+ asking for proof of what he paid - bank statement, invoices etc

About 10 responses from his Mrs giving nothing valuable.

About 8 responses regarding his previous fraud.

1 response from him which was a tonne of waffle.

And a Partridge in a pear tree.

PurpleBin

There's over 400 replies to the same message which has been posted by Turtle.

390+ asking for proof of what he paid - bank statement, invoices etc

About 10 responses from his Mrs giving nothing valuable.

About 8 responses regarding his previous fraud.

1 response from him which was a tonne of waffle.

And a Partridge in a pear tree.

Sounds terrific. What page is it on?

PurpleBin

Anyone got a picture of him?

I can only remember two people selling twist and shout. Matty and a short, older fella, prob 40's with short spiked hair.

Users who are viewing this thread