The boat/James (1 Viewer)

Johnnythespider

The problem you have Jimbo is that people know about your conviction, so as soon as something like this occurs they are instantly going to put 2 and 2 together and get 5. You have to decide whether to continue with things like this or just stick to coaches, i know which i would choose in your shoes. Unfortunately people will always highlight the one negative experience and forget the thousands you got to wembley, oh and just one more thing (Columbo) it might be an idea to make sure you and your partner are singing from the same hymn sheet.

Otis

The problem you have Jimbo is that people know about your conviction, so as soon as something like this occurs they are instantly going to put 2 and 2 together and get 5. You have to decide whether to continue with things like this or just stick to coaches, i know which i would choose in your shoes. Unfortunately people will always highlight the one negative experience and forget the thousands you got to wembley, oh and just one more thing (Columbo) it might be an idea to make sure you and your partner are singing from the same hymn sheet.
Excellent post, Spider. Wholeheartedly agree.

usskyblue

giphy.gif

Reactions: vow

skyblue025

There is no way they can say that much was supped in that time. We left at 1130 ish and arrived at 2. There were 2 bar staff at the main bar and to say they were slower than a speeding Sloth would be doing Sloths a disservice.

As for prices I got a Stella Cider, a Budweiser and got change out of a tenner. If the average price of a drink was £5 there was no chance they shifted 14000 drinks.

The boat would only take cash at the bars. Despite this it was a cracking atmosphere on the boat.

Johnnythespider

There is no way they can say that much was supped in that time. We left at 1130 ish and arrived at 2. There were 2 bar staff at the main bar and to say they were slower than a speeding Sloth would be doing Sloths a disservice.

As for prices I got a Stella Cider, a Budweiser and got change out of a tenner. If the average price of a drink was £5 there was no chance they shifted 14000 drinks.

The boat would only take cash at the bars. Despite this it was a cracking atmosphere on the boat.
You might want to knock a 0 off.

Covstu

I must admit when I seen this the first time I couldn’t work out how they could make that pay for 30 quid, that’s 5 drinks max in London alone! We had a wedding party on a boat once, it was great but it’s a complete captive audience where you pay cheap and sell high, a free bar never makes sense never mind chucking in a football crowd!

I don’t know the organisers and now aware of his past but I just cannot see for someone trying to make a few quid on an ongoing endeavour why he would have cashed in his chips for little profit, it’s not as if he make 20,000 and jumped to Spain! It sounded like the T’s were not crossed on the deal with the boat company and pants were pulled down truly. I totally understand why people are pissed off but don’t think this was intentional.

Otis

I must admit when I seen this the first time I couldn’t work out how they could make that pay for 30 quid, that’s 5 drinks max in London alone! We had a wedding party on a boat once, it was great but it’s a complete captive audience where you pay cheap and sell high, a free bar never makes sense never mind chucking in a football crowd!

I don’t know the organisers and now aware of his past but I just cannot see for someone trying to make a few quid on an ongoing endeavour why he would have cashed in his chips for little profit, it’s not as if he make 20,000 and jumped to Spain! It sounded like the T’s were not crossed on the deal with the boat company and pants were pulled down truly. I totally understand why people are pissed off but don’t think this was intentional.
Agree and as Johnny the Spider says, people have put 2 and 2 together and made 5. They've looked at his past and jumped to conclusions.

Last edited:

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

I had my doubts before the event and expected there to be some form of a catch but I was quite happy to pay the £30 just for the boat cruise and the craic that comes with it.

Some people got on there, expecting to be drinking until they vomitted, with no queues and every drink available...and in all fairness they were sold a 'free bar'.

There's definitely been some cock up by the organisers but the threats and abuse on FB towards Jimbo and his family is shocking. No wonder we have such little independent supporter clubs/events.

Covstu

I had my doubts before the event and expected there to be some form of a catch but I was quite happy to pay the £30 just for the boat cruise and the craic that comes with it.

Some people got on there, expecting to be drinking until they vomitted, with no queues and every drink available...and in all fairness they were sold a 'free bar'.

There's definitely been some cock up by the organisers but the threats and abuse on FB towards Jimbo and his family is shocking. No wonder we have such little independent supporter clubs/events.
I must admit, this is what I had in mind everyone getting hammered beyond belief. I like a drink on a matchday but just had images of this getting very messy! At least in the pubs you can select a pub nearer your liking. Nonetheless it was a good idea but clearly didn't go to plan. I hope he has some luck with the boat owners but I wouldn't hold my breath!!

Monners

Tbh, in one of the best cities of the world that has hundreds of pubs, why would you want to restrict yourself to drinking shit beer from a plastic cup on a boat down the Thames?

£30 would get you 4, maybe 5 pints and a return contactless ticket to Charlton from Euston would be about £8.
Yep - went to a cracking pub in Charlton village - A 5 pint round cost £18.50. Good food and mixed with home fans (on of whom did say that they can't defend).

Covstu

Tbh, in one of the best cities of the world that has hundreds of pubs, why would you want to restrict yourself to drinking shit beer from a plastic cup on a boat down the Thames?

£30 would get you 4, maybe 5 pints and a return contactless ticket to Charlton from Euston would be about £8.
agree but its also a unique way of doing pre game. It was a nice idea but lacking in execution.

David O'Day

it does sound like hell on earth to me, tourist as fuck

Reactions: vow

dazed&confused

Nice to see all the hindsight experts coming out in force. If organising a trip like this is so easy and straight-forward and any mistakes made so fucking obvious to see well in advance, then maybe one of them would like to organise the next trip. But do remember, the sit-on-their-hands-at-home brigade will be lining up for a bit of character assassination and self-congratulatory hindsight lecturing if anything goes wrong.

Last edited:

Otis

Nice to see all the hindsight experts coming out in force. If organising a trip like this is so easy and straight-forward and any mistakes made so fucking ovious to see well in advance, then maybe one of them would like to organise the next trip. But do remember, the sit-on-their-hands-at-home brigade will lining up for a bit of character assassination and self-congratulatory hindsight lecturing if anything goes wrong.
I've got my veiled threat all written up and ready as we speak.

Users who are viewing this thread