The boat/James (4 Viewers)

rob9872

Maybe he has gone quiet because he's in a coma surrounded by Coke and Prostitutes?

giphy.gif

Well if he is, then I'm sure most who are owed would say fair play to him and what a way to go!

PurpleBin

What a guy. Shafted 300 City fans out of seven grand and now he's covered in beak with whores gushing all over him.

Nick

Administrator
Anyone got a picture of him?

I can only remember two people selling twist and shout. Matty and a short, older fella, prob 40's with short spiked hair.

A bit extreme to start going into that. Ideally no need to start posting pictures / personal information / addresses etc.

Otis

Anyone got a picture of him?

I can only remember two people selling twist and shout. Matty and a short, older fella, prob 40's with short spiked hair.
He's tall, slim, has fair hair and likes football, reading, adventure holidays and the cinema. His favourite colour is blue.

Nick

Administrator
As opposed to what it is now? Sounds like he is going to have to go into hiding!

I think starting to post pictures is taking it to the next level along with his address etc.

At the minute it's still open for him to reply.

vow

It seems that people are people are missing the fact that James quoted the boat company saying that £7k was spent on free drinks and the boat company said otherwise. To all those saying that accusations should stop I will edit the original comment and just leave the facts there for people to make their own mind up. All I am using are the facts (quoted costs) James put up on this forum himself and the costs quoted by the boat company to get to the bottom of who was actually in the wrong and who is lying.

This could all be stopped by James just showing proof that the boat company are looking to charge him £9,575. It is all that is needed here.

What I don't understand overall is if the total that James is quoting is true and the boat company are lying, coupled together with the fact that James is offering all on the boat £20 back out of the £30 per head, this means he is going to be down to the tune of £6,455 (refund £6,240 + boat bill £9,575 = £15,815. People paid £30 x 312 on the boat = £9,360. £9,360-£15,815 = £6,455). If you take the £2,244 quoted by the boat company plus the refund of £6,240 you're looking at a total of £8,484 that it is costing James leaving the profit of £876 (as mentioned in the original post).

Nothing adds up! If the boat company are lying then they will lose a lot business as they are used by a lot of companies that I work with. I personally hope they are and that James proves it with a screengrab of confirmation of it all. I just don't know why they would lie but then equally to other people's point, why would James risk it? Just need James to start refunding people and for him to just put this to bed once and for all with proof of what he said around the quote.

I will leave it there. I hope we get some answers soon.
Hi Mr Boat Company.

BackRoomRummermill

The Facebook site in meltdown , this is a akin to the Christmas land swindle in Bournemouth a few years back where they had Alsatian dogs dressed as reindeer’s and polystyrene as snow .

fernandopartridge

Hmm... So there's an issue somewhere, huh?

1) Sharing personal data against the Data Protection Act 2018 and some potential defamatory comments, OR

2) Defrauding 300+ people

One way to solve this is by Jimbo sharing the screenshots, correspondence and/or invoices. It's been confirmed before that they have this in writing. Why not just prove it and be done with it? I can't speak highly enough of him, but for his own sake he needs to provide something to prove it was just a cock up.
I'm not making a moral or legal comparison between the acts just stating that one is a breach of the GDPR / DPA

harvey098

I became intrigued by this, being one of the ones on the boat and I thought I’d ask for a quote for the same boat and details.

They quoted £1,140 for the vessel hire. Dj and speakers £470. Security £740 exc. VAT but significantly the unlimited “beer, cider, wine and soft drinks” was £33 pp on top of the above

So even if he paid £9,000 it would still have been far too little. My opinion is that he dropped an innocent bollock thinking bar was included and it wasn’t but I don’t know how he thought he was getting all that for less than £30 pp

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

It doesn't look very good does it.

I get there is waiting for facts, but I feel a small sense of naivety from some.

If he was innocent in all of this he would have posted evidence to clear his name by now surely?

ccfctommy

Some people on the faceboo group saying they haven't heard anything about the Barcelona trip next week either...

Otis

And what about the Jupiter landing? Is that still going ahead?

After all this malarkey I don't think that atmosphere will be very good.

rob9872

It doesn't look very good does it.

I get there is waiting for facts, but I feel a small sense of naivety from some.

If he was innocent in all of this he would have posted evidence to clear his name by now surely?
In fairness he's hardly been prolific on here before. 50 odd posts including some advertising and some on this thread. Probably more pressing things and has lots of other places and a full inbox to answer before he even considers us on here.

Hobo

I don’t know how he thought he was getting all that for less than £30 pp

Yet the people that booked it did? It sounds like there was a lot of naivety on both sides to be honest!

Users who are viewing this thread