The boat/James (1 Viewer)

skyblue025

I was on the boat and had a thoroughly marvellous day. There was money (unknown amount) put behind the bar but it mysteriously ran out after the first 20 min. Great atmosphere on the boat despite this.

clint van damme

I was on the boat and had a thoroughly marvellous day. There was money (unknown amount) put behind the bar but it mysteriously ran out after the first 20 min. Great atmosphere on the boat despite this.

there was money put behind the bar in chunks, while I was queuing after first going on the oat there was 200 then 150 put behind the bar but it had all ran out by the time I got served.

chiefdave

I don't know the guy in the slightest but would like to think he hasn't deliberately ripped off fellow fans. Seems more to me that the coach trips in the past have done well and he's maybe got a bit over ambitious and bitten off more than he can chew a couple of times.

Would have through alarm bells would have been ringing if a 3 hour boat trip in London with unlimited food and booze was only £30. Guy at least deserves a chance to sort it although if he hasn't told the boat company its football fans I can see him getting little joy trying to get any money back from them. Hopefully he's got a contract and its not some deal done over the phone / email without everything laid out clearly.

pusbccfc

the rumpo kid

11 of us paid £30 each for a £10 boat trip, not one free beer , totally ripped off , on tickets no receipt , no beer, no food , the fucker had our pants down. And don't say what where you expecting, because I expected to have what he advertised. It is fraud and if he thinks any different ask him to come in the Devon bar and me and 10 others will happily DISCUSS it with him.

procdoc

11 of us paid £30 each for a £10 boat trip, not one free beer , totally ripped off , on tickets no receipt , no beer, no food , the fucker had our pants down. And don't say what where you expecting, because I expected to have what he advertised. It is fraud and if he thinks any different ask him to come in the Devon bar and me and 10 others will happily DISCUSS it with him.
Bit stupid dishing out veiled threats on an open forum pal

lord_garrincha

I was on the later bus from the Wallace... I saw James after FT saying it was a disaster... I was thinking it was due to the weather, but then I remembered why I didn't go on it... even the fucking Titanic wouldn't have enough booze/or staff to man an (I assume) extremely small bar for that number of fans... especially the pissed up dicks who get a pint and throw the fucker about, as they incapable of drinking it.

Intentional fraud? No.
Colossal fuck up? Yes.

Otis

Bit stupid dishing out veiled threats on an open forum pal
Hmm.

10 people want to 'discuss' it with him.

Doesn't sound great does it.

Think James does need a chance to give his side of the story and explain things without intimidation.

lord_garrincha

Hmm.

Think James does need a chance to give his side of the story and explain things without intimidation.

He did on facebook, but I think he took the post down on the account that he got filled in so much, that Solvite almost sponsored the comments thread.

Shame he did that... there was some blinding stuff written on there!

Terry_dactyl

Hmm.

10 people want to 'discuss' it with him.

Doesn't sound great does it.

Sounds like James needs to start giving people their money back.
I’m assuming he was on the boat too. Did people complain at the time?

Otis

He did on facebook, but I think he took the post down on the account that he got filled in so much, that Solvite almost sponsored the comments thread.

Shame he did that... there was some blinding stuff written on there!
And what was his explanation?

Hobo

Or you could go and discuss it with him in his pub.

pusbccfc

Reasonable post on Facebook from James' friend...

I’d like to have my say in today’s events.

Being the partner of James Raffell for the past 2 years, I’d like to think I know him quite well.

Feel free to disagree, though negative or positive comments will not be replied to, as everyone has their own opinion and what you want to believe based on the facts, is completely up to yourself and you only.

- We have previously arranged coach trips in the past - of which, 1 out of 87 coaches did not turn up to Wembley, which was not our fault and we compensated people for, by paying for fuel + further expenses or giving an additional seat on another coach that was spare.

- Alicante Tour - there’s been some sceptical comments regarding this.
118 of 127 people were on the correct flight and the correct time, checked in to the correct hotel and departed at the correct time. 9 of 127 were made aware of changes 2-3 hours prior to departure - myself and James included. We were ready and awaiting for our transfers to Birmingham airport before our own chartered flight screwed us over and allowed CCFC players in our places. 9 of us were then sent to East Midlands airport and the transfer we were awaiting on did not turn up as promised by Jet2, which was supposedly going to Birmingham until we received a text to go to East Midlands. We paid for taxis and I DROVE MYSELF and 3 OTHERS to the airport. Paid for parking. Upon arrival, we were waiting in Jet2’s queue and 4 of us were moved to Ryanair. This was 30 minutes before departure. Ryanair’s flights were not paid for on the luggage side of things and cost us £100 PER bag. The coach to the game was pre-booked and paid for. The city changed the place of the game and also advised that anybody on the TnS trip was not allowed to travel with the City coaches. A twat of a decision on their part and for that very reason, we paid extra in making sure everyone saw the game who wanted to go - the sole reason of going to Alicante. Everyone was advised THE MOMENT we knew of any changes and not a moment later.

- Today our first boat tour had advised us they were unaware that their party was a football crowd. They were COMPLETELY aware, despite all skepticism from the fans. This is confirmed in writing and if a refund cannot be made from the company, I will be PERSONALLY taking legal action. I apologise that there are some disappointed fans. Please allow us time to resolve this situation before jumping to conclusion.

- To all those who are commenting about James being to prison...
yes, my partner went to prison. I am not proud of this, neither is James. I have a few skeletons in my closet but I sure as hell don’t have to explain myself to anyone or give my reasons. Nobody has to do that. James has been kind and has never ever shown any signs of committing fraud again. The person who reported us to the tax man actually assisted us and got us a rebate (thanks pal).

- now finally, on a VERY personal level, myself and James have worked on TnS. We have came a long way since fanzines and badges. We assisted over 4,500 people to Wembley on 2 occasions. We’ve assisted on travel over 2 seasons to away games. We began our first European Tour. Yes, there were changes by HOURS apart, not days. Yes everyone got home, yes everyone got there, yes everyone got exactly as advertised. We’ve began European Tours, we’ve done our first ever boat trip which is still in progress and requires a couple days to sort out - it’s the weekend! Yes things are going to go wrong in EVERY business, but does the fact that James has previously been convicted of fraud THREE YEARS AGO stop you from enjoying the things you love most? We work a 9-5 job every day like most people do, come home and work with TnS to ensure almost everyone is satisfied. We break our backs to attend meetings and not just for travel, But for events within CCFC and I spend sleepless nights listening to James’ phone buzz whilst impatient fans are texting away with pointless questions. Does that mean I view my point within every second? Does that mean I look at you any differently, because you take away my date night or James misses dinner on the table because someone wants to pay late?

All I’m saying at the end of the day is that words hurt, be considerate, if you try and do what james has done for one day, you’ll crumble with the amount of stress it brings on. We are working so damn hard and to manage thousands of people and answer within seconds of receiving a message is impossible. He is not superman. He cannot be duplicated and in 10 places at once. He’s there for each and every one of you and doesn’t moan away when a party of 50 drop out at last minute and he pays for that. We do not earn 14K a trip. We live in a shit part of cov with a shitty car, one on finance and a 2-bed flat. We’re not made on money. We have expenses like every normal person does.

I’m so tired of seeing so much shit on Facebook and slating when a day goes wrong yet there’s so little praise when 99% of the time, it goes swimmingly smooth.

And with that, goodnight. I will not be replying to anyone who wishes to voice their opinion, I just wished to voice mine for a change.

Grendel

£30 for unlimited beer on a boat full of football fans sailing along the Thames? Any company actually doing that deal wouldn't last long.

Yeah no chance - it was a 3 hour trip wasn’t it?

SlowerThanPlatt

One of the first questions they’d ask surely when booking is what type of crowd are we accommodating for. Which company was it booked through?

Otis

Reasonable post on Facebook from James' friend...

I’d like to have my say in today’s events.

Being the partner of James Raffell for the past 2 years, I’d like to think I know him quite well.

Feel free to disagree, though negative or positive comments will not be replied to, as everyone has their own opinion and what you want to believe based on the facts, is completely up to yourself and you only.

- We have previously arranged coach trips in the past - of which, 1 out of 87 coaches did not turn up to Wembley, which was not our fault and we compensated people for, by paying for fuel + further expenses or giving an additional seat on another coach that was spare.

- Alicante Tour - there’s been some sceptical comments regarding this.
118 of 127 people were on the correct flight and the correct time, checked in to the correct hotel and departed at the correct time. 9 of 127 were made aware of changes 2-3 hours prior to departure - myself and James included. We were ready and awaiting for our transfers to Birmingham airport before our own chartered flight screwed us over and allowed CCFC players in our places. 9 of us were then sent to East Midlands airport and the transfer we were awaiting on did not turn up as promised by Jet2, which was supposedly going to Birmingham until we received a text to go to East Midlands. We paid for taxis and I DROVE MYSELF and 3 OTHERS to the airport. Paid for parking. Upon arrival, we were waiting in Jet2’s queue and 4 of us were moved to Ryanair. This was 30 minutes before departure. Ryanair’s flights were not paid for on the luggage side of things and cost us £100 PER bag. The coach to the game was pre-booked and paid for. The city changed the place of the game and also advised that anybody on the TnS trip was not allowed to travel with the City coaches. A twat of a decision on their part and for that very reason, we paid extra in making sure everyone saw the game who wanted to go - the sole reason of going to Alicante. Everyone was advised THE MOMENT we knew of any changes and not a moment later.

- Today our first boat tour had advised us they were unaware that their party was a football crowd. They were COMPLETELY aware, despite all skepticism from the fans. This is confirmed in writing and if a refund cannot be made from the company, I will be PERSONALLY taking legal action. I apologise that there are some disappointed fans. Please allow us time to resolve this situation before jumping to conclusion.

- To all those who are commenting about James being to prison...
yes, my partner went to prison. I am not proud of this, neither is James. I have a few skeletons in my closet but I sure as hell don’t have to explain myself to anyone or give my reasons. Nobody has to do that. James has been kind and has never ever shown any signs of committing fraud again. The person who reported us to the tax man actually assisted us and got us a rebate (thanks pal).

- now finally, on a VERY personal level, myself and James have worked on TnS. We have came a long way since fanzines and badges. We assisted over 4,500 people to Wembley on 2 occasions. We’ve assisted on travel over 2 seasons to away games. We began our first European Tour. Yes, there were changes by HOURS apart, not days. Yes everyone got home, yes everyone got there, yes everyone got exactly as advertised. We’ve began European Tours, we’ve done our first ever boat trip which is still in progress and requires a couple days to sort out - it’s the weekend! Yes things are going to go wrong in EVERY business, but does the fact that James has previously been convicted of fraud THREE YEARS AGO stop you from enjoying the things you love most? We work a 9-5 job every day like most people do, come home and work with TnS to ensure almost everyone is satisfied. We break our backs to attend meetings and not just for travel, But for events within CCFC and I spend sleepless nights listening to James’ phone buzz whilst impatient fans are texting away with pointless questions. Does that mean I view my point within every second? Does that mean I look at you any differently, because you take away my date night or James misses dinner on the table because someone wants to pay late?

All I’m saying at the end of the day is that words hurt, be considerate, if you try and do what james has done for one day, you’ll crumble with the amount of stress it brings on. We are working so damn hard and to manage thousands of people and answer within seconds of receiving a message is impossible. He is not superman. He cannot be duplicated and in 10 places at once. He’s there for each and every one of you and doesn’t moan away when a party of 50 drop out at last minute and he pays for that. We do not earn 14K a trip. We live in a shit part of cov with a shitty car, one on finance and a 2-bed flat. We’re not made on money. We have expenses like every normal person does.

I’m so tired of seeing so much shit on Facebook and slating when a day goes wrong yet there’s so little praise when 99% of the time, it goes swimmingly smooth.

And with that, goodnight. I will not be replying to anyone who wishes to voice their opinion, I just wished to voice mine for a change.
I was tired of seeing so much shit on Facebook, so I stopped going on Facebook.

clint van damme

There were 4 in our party and we were due to go back on the train but we couldn't be arsed so James let us come back on one of his coaches for free so credit where it's due.
He was sending out texts yesterday telling people to keep drink receipts as he was going to Try and recuperate the money.
We'll see what happens.
Like I say, we enjoyed ourselves.

Users who are viewing this thread