The boat/James (2 Viewers)

WhaleOilBeefHooked

What is this Barcelona trip I've seen mentioned a few times?
Is it just a trip to take in a game at the Nou camp?
I'm assume City aren't playing there, or did I miss something?!

Twist n Shout / Jimbo has had some advertisements for Euro away days (El Classico, German games etc) recently. As an example, flights, footy tickets and hotel for 3 nights for £590.

Which is strange, as you could do it yourself for about £400...

People have paid but have heard nothing since.

adamed

well it is escalating on facebook. Anna came on today to say their bank account is frozen and they can't buy milk... he's supposed to be single, but perhaps they like double cream. Who knows anymore.

There is a gal out £1200 for 4 x flights, hotel and tickets to Barcelona, so whilst you can perhaps defend a "mix up" with the boat company, it is looking more and more suspect the longer this goes on.

Sad times indeed when people are taking advantage of their own fans :(

Funny that as I saw him at the game on Saturday. Had enough money for travel, footy ticket, and food.

Had a chat with him and just stressed all he needed to do was provide evidence of this £7k that he is saying he has been charged. He just skirted around it all...

The way it is going I wouldn't be surprised if someone looks to take legal action.

Nick

Administrator
Still baffles me how people would hand over that kind of cash so easily.

A boat trip for £30 I probably wouldn't look too much into it as I could write it off as a bad experience, when it goes into the hundreds or thousands though it's different.

CovInEssex

Part of me feels bad, his coaches have always been spot on for me. Even when some never turned up one day he filled up loads of cars to get people to the game.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Still baffles me how people would hand over that kind of cash so easily.

A boat trip for £30 I probably wouldn't look too much into it as I could write it off as a bad experience, when it goes into the hundreds or thousands though it's different.

I think for most sane people, they wouldn't just hand over thousands of pounds to some lad in the Wallace for a trip to Barcelona.....surely?!

NorthernWisdom

I'll make no judgement as I'm not in a position to. I would fiund it bizarre if he'd consciously ripped off a load of fans though. Taxman, companies, whoever then sure, there's a pretty big consequence. If he's done this deliberately, not sure he'd be able to walk through the city again without having eyes in the back of his head!

As I said, making no judgement. People do do some strange things after all but... this seems very... stupid if the accusations were to end up being true!

SlowerThanPlatt

It’s complete madness if it’s true. All we need now to complete it is for Dale to make an announcement saying he’ll be outside the Telegraph’s offices at 5 tomorrow and will be paying back everyone double for the inconvenience caused after his Euromillions triumph on Friday night

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I think for most sane people, they wouldn't just hand over thousands of pounds to some lad in the Wallace for a trip to Barcelona.....surely?!
While I completely agree, her naivety doesn't warrant losing out on £1200. The £30 everyone is frothing at the mouth over, pales into insignificance when some poor women has tried to do something nice for someone and lost out on a lot of money by anyone's reckoning.

Nick

Administrator
I'll make no judgement as I'm not in a position to. I would fiund it bizarre if he'd consciously ripped off a load of fans though. Taxman, companies, whoever then sure, there's a pretty big consequence. If he's done this deliberately, not sure he'd be able to walk through the city again without having eyes in the back of his head!

As I said, making no judgement. People do do some strange things after all but... this seems very... stupid if the accusations were to end up being true!

It's either desperation or just no shit given if deliberate.

rob9872

tenor.gif

WhaleOilBeefHooked

While I completely agree, her naivety doesn't warrant losing out on £1200. The £30 everyone is frothing at the mouth over, pales into insignificance when some poor women has tried to do something nice for someone and lost out on a lot of money by anyone's reckoning.
Absolutely.

I highly recommend that she goes on this website and starts filling in the very simple form: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

Quite simply, he's had long enough to sort this out and his radio silence is compelling.

rob9872

this is how fraudsters work - build up confidence and then take the bigger prize
Remember Michael Mcindoe

:Look James has done a horrible thing here but you can't blame him for some of McIndoes dreadful performances. Aidy Boothroyd must share some of the blame too :)

Nick

Administrator
this is how fraudsters work - build up confidence and then take the bigger prize
Remember Michael Mcindoe

The thing with this which is what NW alludes to is how he was/is kind of "well known" amongst CCFC fans. It would make more sense if he was to pick something completely different (for example old people's holidays) rather than a niche he was well known in as it means it is much easier for people to find him when it all goes wrong.

If he has set out to rip people off, it's either madness or desperate.

NorthernWisdom

The thing with this which is what NW alludes to is how he was/is kind of "well known" amongst CCFC fans. It would make more sense if he was to pick something completely different (for example old people's holidays) rather than a niche he was well known in as it means it is much easier for people to find him when it all goes wrong.

Yup, and not *that* much to gain relatively, for being run out of town as a consequence.

Doesn't make it right if true and yeah, people can get desperate if things go tits up - some people end up robbing a couple of hundred quid and wrecking their careers etc. but... the possible consequence here is not going to city games ever again (possibly a blessing!) and having to sleep with one eye open as long as he lives in the city.

Big stakes really, isn't it.

Sky Blue Harry H

...and because of this, I find it hard to believe any of this is premeditated. Maybe mismanaged (but again supposition), so I am now officially bowing out of this thread (as I wasn't affected by any of what has gone on) See you on another thread!

Nick

Administrator
Pretty much like thieving credit card details off people, eh?

Obviously that isn't right at all.

I was on about who his "victims" have been. If he was remotely stealing credit cards from people who have no idea who he is it's completely different to people handing him cash and knowing where he drinks, where he goes, who his mates are etc.

rob9872

Does he have problems with drugs or gambling? It could be that he took this money in, blew it and then bought the bare minimum package so that people had something and shift the blame? I'm not suggesting he does by the way just asking because addiction is a horrible thing and would go some way towards explaining things. If that is the case then being honest about the situation might get sympathy in some quarters.

Otis

Remember Michael Mcindoe
I thought he was quite funny at first, but when he got too big and started doing these family friendly Saturday night TV shows I went right off him.

rob9872

I thought he was quite funny at first, but when he got too big and started doing these family friendly Saturday night TV shows I went right off him.
He did say that the Ricoh was his favourite place in the whole world

hill83

Agreed but surely the frothing is at someone who appears to have fucked a good few people over rather than the actual £30 itself. At least that’s why I’d be annoyed.

Users who are viewing this thread