Thank you and goodby (1 Viewer)

PVA

Ok, take that Brentford game out and go for the last 7. We’ve scored 3 goals and got 4 points. In the last 3 we’ve barely had shots on target.

Again, just proving my point.

'take out a game we won and scored some goals in and our form and goals scored isn't as good'

We could do that for every team.

NorthernWisdom

No they weren't.
But if you do go with that logic then the penalties we've given away and the goals conceded due to errors have been bad luck.

You can't have it both ways.
I don't understand why if that's the Brentford narrative, you can't have v Wycombe a good start for 20 minutes, made chances, and then got dragged down by the pitch to a poor game of football.

Liquid Gold

Again, just proving my point.

'take out a game we won and scored some goals in and our form and goals scored isn't as good'

We could do that for every team.
It’s not really probing your point by taking a game away played on 20th Feb when it’s now April and we’ve generally been properly dog shit since then.

Otis

Ok, take that Brentford game out and go for the last 7. We’ve scored 3 goals and got 4 points. In the last 3 we’ve barely had shots on target.

We’re bang on relegation form and it looks like half this forum is just in denial.
I don't think they are. Most just realise there are still 8 games to go, so to say we are going to get relegated now, with that many games to go, is just a bit silly.

We know we are capable of getting good results. Just look at Brentford and Watford. We played really well in both matches.

We aren't playing well at the moment, but let's at least see if we get a reaction tomorrow. I know we have said that before, but that has to be an improvement tomorrow. We surely can't play as ineptly again.

Otis

If we are dreadful tomorrow and then dreadful again against Bournemouth, I think an awful lot more people will be saying we are starting to look doomed.

On their day, QPR a very decent side. Still no excuse for ineptitude though

I will be expecting that Robins has bashed a few heads and we will be on the front foot tomorrow

bringbackrattles

I don't think they are. Most just realise there are still 8 games to go, so to say we are going to get relegated now, with that many games to go, is just a bit silly.

We know we are capable of getting good results. Just look at Brentford and Watford. We played really well in both matches.

We aren't playing well at the moment, but let's at least see if we get a reaction tomorrow. I know we have said that before, but that has to be an improvement tomorrow. We surely can't play as ineptly again.
Liking your positivity Otis. My heart says we will stay up, but my head is saying down we go.
Like you say let's see how they perform tomorrow against Bristol City, get a win and things will look brighter but another defeat and it'll be all doom and gloom again. I've been supporting the club long enough now and have seen us in this position so many times just like you have, but we somehow survived. Has this squad got the fight in them though, let's hope so !

Otis

Liking your positivity Otis. My heart says we will stay up, but my head is saying down we go.
Like you say let's see how they perform tomorrow against Bristol City, get a win and things will look brighter but another defeat and it'll be all doom and gloom again. I've been supporting the club long enough now and have seen us in this position so many times just like you have, but we somehow survived. Has this squad got the fight in them though, let's hope so !
I think that's it, BRB, we have both seen so many relegation battles that have gone right down to the wire

So much can still happen with so many games still left.

Knowing the City, we will sink and sink, futher and further, look totally doomed, and then suddenly win the last two games and stay up by a single point.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Just thinking, if we went down and Rotherham stayed up does anyone here reckon they could become to us what we are to Sunderland and we'll hold this unnecessary and totally unfounded grudge based on a conspiracy theory that they got games rescheduled due to Covid, when in fact it was a cover to get players back from injury, thus helping them survive at our expense?

NorthernWisdom

Just thinking, if we went down and Rotherham stayed up does anyone here reckon they could become to us what we are to Sunderland and we'll hold this unnecessary and totally unfounded grudge based on a conspiracy theory that they got games rescheduled due to Covid, when in fact it was a cover to get players back from injury, thus helping them survive at our expense?
No.

Liquid Gold

I’m not saying we’re getting relegated but we are in relegation form. We’ve been waiting for a reaction for how many games now? If we lose tomorrow and end up losing to Bournemouth (which is likely anyway) that’s 5 losses in a row coming to the sharp end of a relegation battle. It’s meek and we should expect better.

Otis

I’m not saying we’re getting relegated but we are in relegation form. We’ve been waiting for a reaction for how many games now? If we lose tomorrow and end up losing to Bournemouth (which is likely anyway) that’s 5 losses in a row coming to the sharp end of a relegation battle. It’s meek and we should expect better.
Definitely.

We need a reaction to QPR though. Doesn't that one stand out as incredibly inept?

That's a kick them up the arse, manager post match talk isn't it? You should always get a reaction when you are THAT bad.

Against Wycombe we could have been a couple of goals up early and there would have been no complaints.

You always want a reaction to a defeat, but talk was of possibly the worst performance of the season after Friday wasn't there?

Perryccfc

Rotherham are:

1 point ahead of us in the last 6

2 points behind us in the last 8

1 point ahead of us in the last 10

That hardly screams putting up more of a fight to me. We're basically neck and neck but apparently one team is bang up for it and the other team has given up.

Rather, they're playing about as well (poorly) as us.

You've just proved my point that people hold us to different standards as other teams.

Still speaking sense the natives don’t like it

Nick

Administrator
Rotherham are:

That hardly screams putting up more of a fight to me. We're basically neck and neck but apparently one team is bang up for it and the other team has given up.

You've just proved my point that people hold us to different standards as other teams.
So they are in slightly better form than us and how many more games left than us?

cc84cov

If we are dreadful tomorrow and then dreadful again against Bournemouth, I think an awful lot more people will be saying we are starting to look doomed.

On their day, QPR a very decent side. Still no excuse for ineptitude though

I will be expecting that Robins has bashed a few heads and we will be on the front foot tomorrow
We need leaders leave the pansies out and away from the battle ahead
Rotherham are:

i hold us to the standard I’m seeing their done their heads are gone and they have not showed any signs of fight,

Of course it’s another game tomorrow & again I’m sat thinking “are we now gonna see it” no issues getting beat but let’s at least show some intent and fight for the shirt

covboy1987

That’s it , Robins needs to move on . The last few games his ability to select a team that will compete and make the change when it’s needed has passed . Thank you for your time but you need to go !
Utter rubbish - Robins has the along with a few others the highest win ratio in our history - Trying to keep the team in the championship with the lowest budget excluding wycombe - An injury list at one point that would cripple any team - We are still in a good postion in the table to stay up if we can start firing on all cylinders - If we go down i cannot think anyone better to get us back up - I applaud owners such as Norwich who backed there man after relegation, now look at them on the verge of going back up - What a manager Mark robins has been fotr us he has worked though the most difficult times playing every game away from home with a difficult budget to work to - Be careful what you wish for, Mark Robins is still a very sort after manager who would walk into a really good and probably better paid job than us tomorow if he was to leave

Sick Boy

Utter rubbish - Robins has the along with a few others the highest win ratio in our history - Trying to keep the team in the championship with the lowest budget excluding wycombe - An injury list at one point that would cripple any team - We are still in a good postion in the table to stay up if we can start firing on all cylinders - If we go down i cannot think anyone better to get us back up - I applaud owners such as Norwich who backed there man after relegation, now look at them on the verge of going back up - What a manager Mark robins has been fotr us he has worked though the most difficult times playing every game away from home with a difficult budget to work to - Be careful what you wish for, Mark Robins is still a very sort after manager who would walk into a really good and probably better paid job than us tomorow if he was to leave
How is he a very sought-after manager? Which mid-table to upper end Championship club do you reckon are looking at him now?

Grendel

How is he a very sought-after manager? Which mid-table to upper end Championship club do you reckon are looking at him now?

He isn’t - he’d attract interest from clubs hovering around the edges of league 1 promotion like Doncaster or Blackpool

NorthernWisdom

Its what I was told. I believe it to be true but it might not be.
From his quotes when he left, it seems... odd. Seems perfectly logical, given the state of the club at the time, that he'd jump when offered a more stable job. Plus, Huddersfield are an odd one - seem to be relatively well funded, have aspirations, delivered once... but the rest of the time it's a manager's graveyard!

ccfctommy

A few silly Billy's on here!

Grendel betting that Godden will never score again this season! Dear oh dear!

Users who are viewing this thread