Thank you and goodby (1 Viewer)

PVA

I think he’s a league 1 manager at best and our players are league 1 .. maybe I think we should be better than what we are capable of.

Making yourself look a bit daft here.

So you think the players are League One level... But think Robins should be sacked for getting League one players into the championship with a chance of keeping them there?

procdoc

I think because we have shown at times that we can more than compete in this league and probably should be safe by now, the frustration levels have increased. For me, the way we set up and played against Brentford should have been the benchmark and I’m very disappointed we didn’t kick on from that. That’s down to the tactics and although I don’t want Robins out, I’m worried he’s hit his ceiling now

cc84cov

I think because we have shown at times that we can more than compete in this league and probably should be safe by now, the frustration levels have increased. For me, the way we set up and played against Brentford should have been the benchmark and I’m very disappointed we didn’t kick on from that. That’s down to the tactics and although I don’t want Robins out, I’m worried he’s hit his ceiling now
Brentford was a fluke we got lucky off their mistakes on a bad pitch

Liquid Gold

Pretty much where I’m at right now.

Sick Boy

He’s done a fucking brilliant job from the moment he took over, up until right this second. If we stay up then that becomes a fucking incredible job.

Our fans are beyond fickle sometimes.
We’d have finished above 2 teams we finished higher than last season and one in disarray with a points deduction, not sure it would be an incredible job.

clint van damme

Once or twice maybe. Bad luck wouldn’t be most games.

Defensive mistakes are either bad luck or they're not and that applies to every team. I personally don't think defensive mistakes are bad luck, just bad defending.
But the point is some of our support have to downplay anything positive that happens.
Some did it when we beat Cardiff and now this comment about Brentford because opposition mistakes led to goals. .
I don't know why they fucking bother if they can't even enjoy the rare victories without trying to take the shine off them.

PVA

Yep, when we get a result against a good team it's a fluke, or because the opposition were rubbish.

When Rotherham or someone else down there gets a result against a top team apparently it's because they're showing such fight and determination to stay in the league.

SeaSeeEffCee

We’d have finished above 2 teams we finished higher than last season and one in disarray with a points deduction, not sure it would be an incredible job.
Exactly this. It wouldn’t be some huge achievement to finish above two teams w were better than last year and a team who had a points deduction. 21st was the minimum this season.

PVA

Exactly this. It wouldn’t be some huge achievement to finish above two teams w were better than last year and a team who had a points deduction. 21st was the minimum this season.

And once again to reiterate my point, there's still a very good chance that we finish 21st or higher, so what's all the fuss about?

If we were 10 points adrift the Robins out crew would have a point, but as we're still looking to meet expectations I don't get all the tantrums.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Even if we go down, Robins should stay. Who else would come in and turn things around? He's okay.

Paxman II

Those decenting voices here need to look closely at the fixture list of those teams around us. Wycombe and Wednesday look doomed already and Rotherham have one hell of a backlog to fit in, including a game against us! How many on here would bet against Godden not scoring in all the remaining games? If he scores in just a couple that would suggest we are in with a winning chance. That would relate to 6 points and 6 points more now would all but see us safe. Can Rotherham win more games than us?

Grendel

Those decenting voices here need to look closely at the fixture list of those teams around us. Wycombe and Wednesday look doomed already and Rotherham have one hell of a backlog to fit in, including a game against us! How many on here would bet against Godden not scoring in all the remaining games? If he scores in just a couple that would suggest we are in with a winning chance. That would relate to 6 points and 6 points more now would all but see us safe. Can Rotherham win more games than us?

Id bet you Godden will not score in all the the remaining games - make your price

clint van damme

Have you seen anything close to that since ? We went long played off their mistakes on a shit pitch both goals were very fortunate

No they weren't.
But if you do go with that logic then the penalties we've given away and the goals conceded due to errors have been bad luck.

You can't have it both ways.

Liquid Gold

This is the level of straw clutching we’re at now
Godden isn’t going to score in every game.
we need more than to just not lose against Rotherham.

We’ve barely troubled the opposition goal in a couple of months. It’s beyond parody now.

Liquid Gold

No they weren't.
But if you do go with that logic then the penalties we've given away and the goals conceded due to errors have been bad luck.

You can't have it both ways.
I’m with you on this one. We played very well against Brentford and deserved to win. We were perhaps a little lucky they were missing a few starters but you play what’s in front of you.

Going at that game to press them and attack in a 532 worked. Dropping that formation and style to go back to the shit that hasn’t worked at all is why I’m so pissed off with him.

clint van damme

I’m with you on this one. We played very well against Brentford and deserved to win. We were perhaps a little lucky they were missing a few starters but you play what’s in front of you.

Going at that game to press them and attack in a 532 worked. Dropping that formation and style to go back to the shit that hasn’t worked at all is why I’m so pissed off with him.

I agree. Would like to see a similar level of tempo and aggression tomorrow.
Bristol also missing a few I believe.

PVA

We’ve barely troubled the opposition goal in a couple of months. It’s beyond parody now.

In the last 8 matches we've scored the same number of goals as Blackburn, Derby, Forest, Rotherham, and have scored more than Wycombe.

Swansea, 4th in the league, have only scored 2 more in that time.

I don't know why people hold ourselves to different standards to other clubs. There's no doubt we aren't playing well at the moment but you'd think Rotherham are 1970 Brazil the way people talk about them but the reality is they're doing the same things as us.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

In the last 8 matches we've scored the same number of goals as Blackburn, Derby, Forest, Rotherham, and have scored more than Wycombe.

I don't know why people hold ourselves to different standards to other clubs. There's no doubt we aren't playing well at the moment but you'd think Rotherham are 1970 Brazil the way people talk about them but the reality is they're doing the same things as us.
And all of them teams are above us in the form table over the last 5 games. Rotherham aren’t playing like Brazil but they’re putting up more of a fight than we are

Liquid Gold

Ok, take that Brentford game out and go for the last 7. We’ve scored 3 goals and got 4 points. In the last 3 we’ve barely had shots on target.

We’re bang on relegation form and it looks like half this forum is just in denial.

Liquid Gold

I agree. Would like to see a similar level of tempo and aggression tomorrow.
Bristol also missing a few I believe.
This is why I’ve said he needs to prove himself. Bristol is his opportunity, we’re at home playing a team out of form with missing players. If there is any time to get rid of the negativity this is it.

clint van damme

Ok, take that Brentford game out and go for the last 7. We’ve scored 3 goals and got 4 points. In the last 3 we’ve barely had shots on target.

We’re bang on relegation form and it looks like half this forum is just in denial.

and the other half have us relegated even though we're outside the bottom 3 with 8 games left.
Neither outcome is a given, but obviously we have to improve. Hopefully that starts tomorrow.

PVA

And all of them teams are above us in the form table over the last 5 games. Rotherham aren’t playing like Brazil but they’re putting up more of a fight than we are

Rotherham are:

1 point ahead of us in the last 6

2 points behind us in the last 8

1 point ahead of us in the last 10

That hardly screams putting up more of a fight to me. We're basically neck and neck but apparently one team is bang up for it and the other team has given up.

Rather, they're playing about as well (poorly) as us.

You've just proved my point that people hold us to different standards as other teams.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Put this way, only Huddersfield have won less than us since the start of the year, Wycombe have won 4 alongside us

clint van damme

This is why I’ve said he needs to prove himself. Bristol is his opportunity, we’re at home playing a team out of form with missing players. If there is any time to get rid of the negativity this is it.

I agree, we need to be positive tomorrow.
From now until the end Bournemouth is the only game where I think it will be acceptable to set up not to lose.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Rotherham are:

1 point ahead of us in the last 6

2 points behind us in the last 8

1 point ahead of us in the last 10

That hardly screams putting up more of a fight to me.

Rather, they're playing about as well (poorly) as us.

You've just proved my point that people hold us to different standards as other teams.
But Rotherham have 3 games less. It’s best to review when they’ve caught us up, but I reckon they’ll be one point behind us tomorrow. Then maybe you’ll realise how alarming we’ve been.

I’ve said before it’s not the losing - it’s the manner that we’re losing games

Users who are viewing this thread