Teams you have an irrational liking for (2 Viewers)

Finham

Sheffield Wednesday (the name), Alloa Athletic and Hibernian (family connection) Oldham Athletic (first game I saw - v Bradford City in the Cup) and MK Dons (I admire what they've done)
Stealing another clubs rightful league place rather than earning it through promotion?

Ian1779

Man Utd - for the constant furore around them, and the time and energy afforded to discuss a mediocre PL team these days. This video below sums up the nonsense for me

Ferguson was a once in a lifetime and they are never returning to that high… sooner they accept it and make peace with it the better for everyone.

Ditto Arsenal and Wenger

Newcastle Utd - yes you’ve got lots of fans and a big stadium but it doesn’t make your fans ‘the best in the land’ - try supporting a club like ours… that’s real commitment.

Sunderland - just because you think you are bigger than us 😂

Just realised I posted this in the wrong thread - oops!!

Gibbo

Stealing another clubs rightful league place rather than earning it through promotion?
The old Wimbledon was defunct and homeless. MK need a club. Great solution. AFC is actually a brand new club with some reasonable money behind it

better days

The old Wimbledon was defunct and homeless. MK need a club. Great solution. AFC is actually a brand new club with some reasonable money behind it
I spoke to Pete Winkleman when I met him at a function a few years back and asked him about the animosity caused when he bought Wimbledon's registration and moved the club to MK
He said he'd been working in the US for years so watched franchises for teams being moved and didn't forsee the uproar that would follow when he did it here
But I can't imagine that even in the US ot would be a pain free experience to.move a club to a different city?
Mind you I think it's easy to forget that the Wimbledon of Dave Bassett, Vinnie Jones and Co was a pretty nasty outfit who physically bullied their way to whatever success they had

Legia Sky Blue

I spoke to Pete Winkleman when I met him at a function a few years back and asked him about the animosity caused when he bought Wimbledon's registration and moved the club to MK
He said he'd been working in the US for years so watched franchises for teams being moved and didn't forsee the uproar that would follow when he did it here
But I can't imagine that even in the US ot would be a pain free experience to.move a club to a different city?
Mind you I think it's easy to forget that the Wimbledon of Dave Bassett, Vinnie Jones and Co was a pretty nasty outfit who physically bullied their way to whatever success they had

To a degree, but still an amazing achievement to win the cup only about a dozen years after entering the league. They also had some good players and wouldn't have just made it through gamesmanship and physicality alone.

letsallsingtogether

Red Star Belgrade and Partizan
now thats not allowed but Im torn.

Finham

If MK "needed" a club, why couldn't they start at the very bottom of the nonleague pyramid and work their way into the football league on merit, like every single town that "needs a club" has to? What's so special about concrete fucking cow town? It was an absolute disgrace, totally wrong and there is not a single thing to admire about it! A fake club for a fake town.

Adge

Had a soft spot for Arsenal during the Wenger years and in particular the invincibles team. Great team and even better they got the upper hand on Man Utd!
Also genuine fans who didn’t come from Torquay.

Torquay Sky Blue

Had a soft spot for Arsenal during the Wenger years and in particular the invincibles team. Great team and even better they got the upper hand on Man Utd!
Also genuine fans who didn’t come from Torquay.
Not sure about that , there's a few gooners round here .

Users who are viewing this thread