Team for Oxford (1 Viewer)

higgs

How many points had we by this point in the season when mogga walked away?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

johnwillomagic

Think 4-4-2

Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Willis CB
Davies CB
Mason LB
Doyle CM
Andreau CM
Wright LM
Bayliss RM
JCH ST
Chaplin ST

Subs: O'Brien, Brown, Hyam, Ogogo, Shipley, Hiwula, Bakayoko

cc84cov

Big game looking how poorly Oxford have started and with fixtures that follow. If we don’t win we will likely be near the bottom 10 games in.
It takes time excuses will have to be stopping soon Oxford is a good indicator of where we’re at having lost to their reserves already.

Irish Sky Blue

Old footballing cliche but if fit and available pick your best players in a settled format and build around them, Davies is our best centre half, Ogogo our best centre midfielder, Bayliss our best attacking midfielder, Brown our best left back, when fit Kelly in the position he finished up in last season, jury still out on who our TWO, yes two strikers should be but I suspect it will be Chaplin and with Biamou out injured one of the other 3 strikers. Give them time together, playing together. Simple football logic employed by the best Fergie, Wenger and now Jurgen Klopp,
Is Brown better than Mason? Haven’t seen it yet.

twistandshout

Think 4-4-2

Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Willis CB
Davies CB
Mason LB
Doyle CM
Andreau CM
Wright LM
Bayliss RM
JCH ST
Chaplin ST

I have problems with your midfield Doyle and Andreu in CM sends shivers down my spine. Bayliss is on international duty, so cant play and who is Wright ?

Sky Blue Harry H

Think 4-4-2

Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Willis CB
Davies CB
Mason LB
Doyle CM
Andreau CM
Wright LM
Bayliss RM
JCH ST
Chaplin ST

Embarrassing, as a City fan, but who is Wright (at left midfield) I'm having a senior moment??

Sky Blue Harry H

I have problems with your midfield Doyle and Andreu in CM sends shivers down my spine. Bayliss is on international duty, so cant play and who is Wright ?

Thought Sterling had been called up, but no mention of Bayliss in CET headlines?

johnwillomagic

Bayliss being on international duty may actually work in our favour - don't know what's going on with me stating Wright.
I think Doyle holding with Andreau further forward could work in centre if it doesn't work you could bring Ogogo on?

Revised Team

Burge GK
Grimmer RB
Davies CB
Willis CB
Mason LB
Thomas RM
Shipley LM
Doyle DCM
Andreau ACM
JCH ST
Chaplin ST

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

___________Burge
Grimmer Willis Hyam Mason
Thomas Ogogo Doyle Allassani
______JCH Chaplin

Like Nick I wasn't sure about Allassani, especially away from home, but Oxford haven't been great this season (bar us!) so I'd prefer to see how the trickery on both flanks would work. Shipley wasn't overly effective vs Rochdale. We might be a bit exposed but I think it's worth the risk.

Also why I'm playing two more defensive midfielders in the centre, though I'd be bringing Bayliss on for Doyle in the second half. Bayliss hasn't been at his best yet so maybe coming off the bench might give him a bit more time and space?

cc84cov

___________Burge
______JCH Chaplin

Like Nick I wasn't sure about Allassani, especially away from home, but Oxford haven't been great this season (bar us!) so I'd prefer to see how the trickery on both flanks would work. Shipley wasn't overly effective vs Rochdale. We might be a bit exposed but I think it's worth the risk.

Also why I'm playing two more defensive midfielders in the centre, though I'd be bringing Bayliss on for Doyle in the second half. Bayliss hasn't been at his best yet so maybe coming off the bench might give him a bit more time and space?
Happy with that team myself also mate

cc84cov

Burge
Grimmer Willis Hyam mason
Bayliss Doyle Ogogo Thomas
JCH chaplin

Solid midfield pairing creativity out wide & 2 strikers.

win9nut

-------------Burge-------------
Grimmer---Davies--Willis---Mason
-----------Ogogo---------
Bayliss----Andreu----Thomas
--------JCH----Chaplin------

Too gung-ho?
Maybe too lightweight down flanks. Still believe we have some cracking footballers for this league. Keep the faith.
I thought it, you typed it!

Warwickhunt

___________Burge
______JCH Chaplin

As soon as Allisani came on Keith Hill was screaming at his full back to stop him and did so with all kinds of shenanigans . So I think give Alissani more game time rather than the last 8 minutes against a team that was managing the game streetwise or what ever. This guy will cause many teams in this league a shit load of problems

lifeskyblue

As soon as Allisani came on Keith Hill was screaming at his full back to stop him and did so with all kinds of shenanigans . So I think give Alissani more game time rather than the last 8 minutes against a team that was managing the game streetwise or what ever. This guy will cause many teams in this league a shit load of problems

Whilst it was clear the full back put a lot of pressure on allisani (some of it illegal) I thought allisani wasn’t strong enough and went into challenges with his hands raised and pushed the full back and got pulled up for it...I’m sure robins will be telling him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete in Portugal

Whilst it was clear the full back put a lot of pressure on allisani (some of it illegal) I thought allisani wasn’t strong enough and went into challenges with his hands raised and pushed the full back and got pulled up for it...I’m sure robins will be telling him

I thought Allassani was naive in the way he dealt with the aggression from their full back. However, the referee was also naive in being conned into giving fouls against Allassani. To some degree Mason had the same problem with their big winger in the second half, but he was sometimes a bit more effective dealing with it. Hopefully both will learn from their experience, because this will be a regular feature in this league.

Hod dog

Burge
Thomas Doyle Bayliss Shipley
JCH Chaplin

Bench
Obrien, Davies, Brown, Allasaini, Ogogo, Andreou, Hiwula

How some people could drop hyam to put Davies in i do not know! i like Davies dont get me wrong but Willis is needed for his recovery pace, and hyam has been player of season so far.

Brown better than Mason? nothing against the lad but Mason is massively ahead of him right now, its not even a discussion.

Shipley was poor i agree but id give him 1 more chance and i do think he is better suited to a 442, as it has more defensive duties whcih he can do compared to a trickey winger.

Allasaini i would prefer to wait till checkatrade v arsenal then give him 90 to see what he can do.

Sky Blue Harry H

3 points for a win means we really should try to attack teams. I know we have to try and get the balance right, and as we lack real hold up players (except for perhaps JCH), then we need to use pace out wide. Thomas, plus ? (honestly haven't made my mind up yet!)

Garryb80

Burge
Thomas Doyle Bayliss Shipley
JCH Chaplin

Bench
Obrien, Davies, Brown, Allasaini, Ogogo, Andreou, Hiwula

How some people could drop hyam to put Davies in i do not know! i like Davies dont get me wrong but Willis is needed for his recovery pace, and hyam has been player of season so far.

Brown better than Mason? nothing against the lad but Mason is massively ahead of him right now, its not even a discussion.

Shipley was poor i agree but id give him 1 more chance and i do think he is better suited to a 442, as it has more defensive duties whcih he can do compared to a trickey winger.

Allasaini i would prefer to wait till checkatrade v arsenal then give him 90 to see what he can do.
Surely defensive duties requires the player to make a challenge... Something shipley doesnt do

Paxman II

....................Burge
.......Willis.....Hyam....Davies
..............Kelly....Doyle
Thomas.......Bayliss......Allasani
Chaplin....JCH

Mucca Mad Boys

We really need a good win here. Allassani is looking good in the U23s so perhaps it’s time to give him a start. Chaplin needs to get a start too.

From the highlights, it looks like we’re playing reasonably well and just can’t put our chances away, and that needs to change pronto.

Skyblue_CP

I like the look of 4312

---------------------- Burge ----------------------
Grimmer -- Willis -- Hyam -- Mason
--------Bayliss -- Doyle -- Ogogo-------
--------------------- Andreu --------------------
--------------- JCH ------- Chaplin --------

Think this gives us a good balance, full backs can push on and we can also defend and attack in numbers.

johnwillomagic

Hmm can see us getting smashed in midfield with that line up....at least Ogogo and Doyle will hold normally
Not much width also Grimmer not fit enough to get up and down in that formation and Mason naieve defensively.

However that team would make for entertaining game we would have to try to out score them as cannot see us keeping a clean sheet
with that team!

steve82

Personally I’d go with this for Oxford, has the traditional feel off 442 with Chaplin and JCH in as close as a big man little man combo up top yet it has the ability to go 433 comfortably to use the explosive nature of Thomas if he can just find a bit of luck in front of goal.
Seems a well balanced side, but means Bayliss misses out, but someone has to for Chaplin to start.
In a game where a result is ideally needed before a strong Barnsley side come next week I’d go with the extra match experience, vision and set pieces ability of Tony Andreu just ahead of Bayliss

---------------Burge---------------
Grimmer--Willis---Hyam----Mason
Thomas---Andreu---Doyle---Shipley
---------Chaplin----JCH-------
Bench
O’Brien, Davies, Brown, Bayliss, Ogogo, Hiwula, Bakayoko

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread