Taxi Sighted (1 Viewer)

Grendel

He is up there with our most successful managers ever .. that's a fact 💯

He’s managed at a lower level. Managers on very tight budgets who made sure I was watching Liverpool every season for 20 years for me deserve as much respect - you can’t win promotions if you can’t get promoted

This situation now is at a similar level to those managers so now is an acid test of compatibility

Evo1883

He’s managed at a lower level. Managers on very tight budgets who made sure I was watching Liverpool every season for 20 years for me deserve as much respect - you can’t win promotions if you can’t get promoted

This situation now is at a similar level to those managers so now is an acid test of compatibility

Grendel , as usual when it comes to mark robins you talk absolute waffle ... I suppose I should listen more to you when you talk about finances ..but when it comes to football il continue to ignore the crap you spout

You said earlier you think the club will struggle to make it until January.

John sillett never had that kind of pressure

pusbccfc

We had an indifferent mid season

We won 7 from the first 11 and 7 from the last 13

In those 24 games we lost 6

It was mid season

You're arguing something you don't even know

We scraped into the play offs. We weren't great for most of that season.

Grendel

Grendel , as usual when it comes to mark robins you talk absolute waffle ... I suppose I should listen more to you when you talk about finances ..but when it comes to football il continue to ignore the crap you spout

You said earlier you think the club will struggle to make it until January.

John sillett never had that kind of pressure

Did you ever watch the team through the 80’s?

Evo1883

We scraped into the play offs. We weren't great for most of that season.

I've just told you exactly how the season went and you've ignored it to carry on spouting

We had an indifferent mid season .. good start and good finish

Evo1883

Did you ever watch the team through the 80’s?

I started watching in 89 , most fans I speak to that did though hold Robins in high regard though .. so I'm unsure why id take your opinion over theirs

pusbccfc

I've just told you exactly how the season went and you've ignored it to carry on spouting

We had an indifferent mid season .. good start and good finish

You can go back through the season, we would pluck out wins through good performances and then go on 2/3 game periods of some of the worst performances I've seen.

Forest Green home and away, Morecambe away, Chesterfield away, Yeovil, Accrington home and away. Horredous performances.

Grendel

I started watching in 89 , most fans I speak to that did though hold Robins in high regard though .. so I'm unsure why id take your opinion over theirs

its incomparable - I though Gould was a lunatic but he lost an entire team recruited a squad of mainly low and non league players and stayed in the league including a 4 - 0 thumping of liverpool

Situations are not comparable - it doesn’t have to be a heated argument just opinions

Evo1883

You can go back through the season, we would pluck out wins through good performances and then go on 2/3 game periods of some of the worst performances I've seen.

Forest Green home and away, Morecambe away, Chesterfield away, Yeovil, Accrington home and away. Horredous performances.

I know , I was at every single match .

Weirdly football at league 2 level is pretty fucking shit and we were one of very few teams that tried to play football ..

Again though

We started very well , lost 3 in the first 12 and lost 3 of the last 13 to finish well ..
Our mid season form was as you describe , indifferent..

14 new players 20 left .

We got the job done

Evo1883

its incomparable - I though Gould was a lunatic but he lost an entire team recruited a squad of mainly low and non league players and stayed in the league including a 4 - 0 thumping of liverpool

Situations are not comparable - it doesn’t have to be a heated argument just opinions

Well it doesn't have to be heated no .. I don't agree with you on Robins, I never saw any manager from 89 that was better , unless I'm mistaken ?

Grendel

Well it doesn't have to be heated no .. I don't agree with you on Robins, I never saw any manager from 89 that was better , unless I'm mistaken ?

Its a difference of opinion and also it’s not the past but the here and now as John Sillett found out after a poor start to a season having took the club to its greatest success

pusbccfc

I know , I was at every single match .

Weirdly football at league 2 level is pretty fucking shit and we were one of very few teams that tried to play football ..

Again though

We started very well , lost 3 in the first 12 and lost 3 of the last 13 to finish well ..
Our mid season form was as you describe , indifferent..

14 new players 20 left .

We got the job done

He was still was poor tactically in game and I'll stand by that.

I think he's been poor during games ever since. Even last year. The time he makes substitutions is baffling.

Evo1883

He was still was poor tactically in game and I'll stand by that.

I think he's been poor during games ever since. Even last year. The time he makes substitutions is baffling.

Stand by all you want , 5 successful years with 2 promotions are facts you are arguing against

Evo1883

He has many strengths, but in game tactics isn't one of them. Most agree with that.
Do they ?

In game tactics are usually what get you results .. which have got us 2 promotions and season on season improvement .

Do you mean you are annoyed by some of his subs and their timing ?

Evo1883

Ah fuck it can't be arsed .. if you don't like Robins you don't like him , not my issue and I don't even know why I let it bother me ..

Reactions: PVA

Grendel

Anyway all irrelevant Sisu ain’t getting rid of Robins whatever happens - that’s down to him

Brighton Sky Blue

Not sure how you can compare Sillett and Robins. Especially given Sillett was financially backed more than Robins (which granted isn’t hard).

Winning the cup, then finishing 7th the next season should’ve been a catalyst to even better things but it’s when things actually started to go downhill.

Why? (Well, perhaps the situations are somewhat comparable.) After a bad start to the following season team moral was low (sound familiar?) Sillett dropped Speedie (sound familiar?) then in November was sacked, or walked (released while he was sick) and was replaced by Terry Butcher. The rest is all fucking downhill.

Robins is the man for the job, if he wants it anymore.

Managing in the top division is always the ultimate challenge, but it’s over 20 years since that was last relevant

Evo1883

Managing in the top division is always the ultimate challenge, but it’s over 20 years since that was last relevant

Also you'd have to agree that managing in the top flight in the 60s 70s 80s and 90s is in no way comparible to today ..

The financial disparity then was nowhere near that of today ..and in turn a much easier league to manage in for a smaller club like coventry ..

We'd last 5 minutes in that league today with our current ownership even with guardiola

Grendel

Not sure how you can compare Sillett and Robins. Especially given Sillett was financially backed more than Robins (which granted isn’t hard).

Winning the cup, then finishing 7th the next season should’ve been a catalyst to even better things but it’s when things actually started to go downhill.

Why? (Well, perhaps the situations are somewhat comparable.) After a bad start to the following season team moral was low (sound familiar?) Sillett dropped Speedie (sound familiar?) then in November was sacked, or walked (released while he was sick) and was replaced by Terry Butcher. The rest is all fucking downhill.

Robins is the man for the job, if he wants it anymore.

Robins team has a wage bill comparable to a lot on this league - the signings last season were largely poor

Grendel

You’d have had him gone and replaced with Kenny Jackett years ago, so you’ll forgive me for not giving a shit about what you think.

Says the man who says if you don’t think hamer os the best player we’ve had for years you know nothing about football

Block 19

Robins out! Guardiola in! Why can't we be even more ambitious and go for a top manager like Klopp? Why are we accepting only 2 promotions in 5 years? Small club mentality that many have come to accept.

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

PVA

I don't know how anyone can say Robins is tactically inept.

Even if you ignore the two promotions (which is a pretty big thing to ignore!), how do you explain all the points from losing positions last season? Staying up first time of asking with a weak squad?

pusbccfc

Even if you ignore the two promotions (which is a pretty big thing to ignore!), how do you explain all the points from losing positions last season? Staying up first time of asking with a weak squad?

Think you and Evo are looking a little deeper than what I meant.

I don't think last year's last minute winners are to do with tactics.

Staying up at the first time was due to his ability to get the best out of poor players. One of his best strengths.

Brighton Sky Blue

You partly explain that by conceding the first goal nearly 30 times last season

BackRoomRummermill

For me Robins redeemed himself - coming back I was not so sure but now I think he needs to look after himself - he must be one of the longest serving managers now in the leagues - this club will be truly screwed if he goes , in the same vein I don’t think he could manage us in the Prem either if we ever got there - I might be wrong - either way I will always be thankful he got us up and during Covid to cheer us all up

pusbccfc

I have no evidence to give but I have been told the new contracts for O'Hare etc are a lot higher than people realise.

There's probably 6/7 players on 12k+. Compare that to our first season in the Champ where we had maybe one or two above £10k.

Evo1883

I have no evidence to give but I have been told the new contracts for O'Hare etc are a lot higher than people realise.

There's probably 6/7 players on 12k+. Compare that to our first season in the Champ where we had maybe one or two above £10k.
I believe the average wage in the division is 35,000

Users who are viewing this thread