Taxi for Biamou? (2 Viewers)

Kieranp96

And of those shots he has missed a couple of gilt edged chances himself.
What he's had 4 chances in 2 games one hit the bar one hit the post, can you remember mcnulty? Missed his first 20odd shots in a skybkues shirt, he's not in there as a main goal scorer that's Godden he's there to give a different dimension to our game, how many teams do you see that have two strikers that both hit 15 goals?

Sick Boy

I’m shocked that we’re running the risk of him being snapped up for free in less than 2 months, what the hell is Robins playing at??!!

PVA

That was Ostegard wasnt it?

Scrap that I was thinking of the second header.

He should have scored but it wasn't a free header, he's under a lot of pressure. You see plenty of those sailing over the bar. Ostegards headed miss was worse.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
78a9f4c76249036bb09feb017db88202.jpg

In fact Ostegard could have also knocked it across goal to Walker for an open goal tap in.
23150fe71b9108fa04a7881d1c3125da.jpg

There's no way Ostigard's miss was worse.

It was a much harder chance. Look at the angle, he doesn't have much of the goal to aim at whereas Biamou can put it in either corner. Plus Ostigard is further out.

Ostigard had another header, from a corner, that was a better chance than the one you've posted above.

He is a big threat from set pieces though, gets his head on more than Fadz/Hyam/Rose, hopefully he can bag a few goals this season

Grendel

I really want to see him sign a new contract, if nothing else to sit back and watch you and a couple of others spontaneously combust ;)

Doubt he’d sign. He’s waiting to be a free agent so he can get his dream move to PSG or if he chooses to stay here Man City. Pep has been chasing him for a while

Sick Boy

I guess comparing a striker’s inability to score vs a young defender is definitely fair .

pw362

Clarke-Harris has scored 30 goals in his last 50 league 1 games. Biamou has 4 in his entire career
Genuine question. If Clarke-Harris had stayed do you think he would have produced the same stats for us?

fatso

Genuine question. If Clarke-Harris had stayed do you think he would have produced the same stats for us?
No.
Some strikers just seem to gel at 1 club, or under 1 managers style of play.
Mark McNulty springs to mind. He's never looked like scoring at the rate he did once he found his feet in our promotion season from division 2.

CanuckSkyBlue

This is like fighting over an ugly girl that you don’t really want. He’s bang average league 2 footballer that got lucky we got promoted twice in such a short time.

Last edited:

DannyThomas_1981

It seems that for some he’s even bigger than the club itself - some of the stuff harks back to the nonsense defending of Thorn - there will be a leave Maxy alone meltdown soon.

Serious questions to someone who seems determined to be on an internet forum on some kind of fcuked up mission to discredit our own players......how do you think the team benefits from this.......and what qualifications and understanding of pro football do you have to discredit and belittle our players..........qualifications of course above Robins and Viveash who select the team and last time I checked have top class careers in both playing and coaching?

SlowerThanPlatt

Serious questions to someone who seems determined to be on an internet forum on some kind of fcuked up mission to discredit our own players......how do you think the team benefits from this.......and what qualifications and understanding of pro football do you have to discredit and belittle our players..........qualifications of course above Robins and Viveash who select the team and last time I checked have top class careers in both playing and coaching?

I’m struggling with the logic here. Are you saying unless someone is a professional football manager or coach they’re not qualified enough to criticise (or praise) a player?

DannyThomas_1981

This is like fighting over an ugly girl that you don’t really want. He’s bang average league 2 footballer that got lucky we got promoted twice in such a short time.

So easy to discredit our players from behind a keyboard isn't it.

Max has played 3 90 minute games against Championship teams, 2 recently and 1 last season against Birmingham.

He's performed well in all 3 games and prior to the 96th minute mistake on Wednesday was one of our stand out players in the second half. Not entirely sure on that evidence why you seem so determined that he cannot succeed at this level.

DannyThomas_1981

I’m struggling with the logic here. Are you saying unless someone is a professional football manager or coach they’re not qualified enough to criticise (or praise) a player?

Fair point.

I'm just interested in the motivation of those who seem to want to discredit our own players and it seems to me that those who scream abuse the loudest on here are most often the least qualified to do so.

Completely writing off one of our players has to mean that the poster thinks he has a better knowledge of football than the pros selecting the team - I also find that interesting.

CanuckSkyBlue

So easy to discredit our players from behind a keyboard isn't it.

Max has played 3 90 minute games against Championship teams, 2 recently and 1 last season against Birmingham.

He's performed well in all 3 games and prior to the 96th minute mistake on Wednesday was one of our stand out players in the second half. Not entirely sure on that evidence why you seem so determined that he cannot succeed at this level.
I voiced an opinion on a CCFC open forum, wasn’t like I sent him abusive messages on the spur of the moment.

I was glad when I thought he was off a few weeks back.

fatso

Are you suggesting that we only post possitive comments on here?
Should anything negative be censored before it can be read by members of an open forum, or god forbid, some players?
Forums are all about debate, without honest, open opinions, what would be the point?
Just because someones opinion differs from yours, doesn't make that opinion any less relevant.

I happen to have opinions on politics and religion too but I've never been a prime minister, or the archbishop of Canterbury!
But last time I checked, I was still allowed to hold those opinions.

Back to football, I'm sure given unlimited funds, MR would have a completely different squad at his disposal. But as we know, he has very limited cash, (the lowest in the championship apparently) so he's having to make use of what he has, that doesnt mean that he's picking Biamou out of choice, but out of necessity, (imho)

Grendel

Robins and Viveash signed and played Kastaneer

fernandopartridge

There's no way Ostigard's miss was worse.

It was a much harder chance. Look at the angle, he doesn't have much of the goal to aim at whereas Biamou can put it in either corner. Plus Ostigard is further out.

Ostigard had another header, from a corner, that was a better chance than the one you've posted above.

He is a big threat from set pieces though, gets his head on more than Fadz/Hyam/Rose, hopefully he can bag a few goals this season
Ostigard had a free header with a ball with enough pace on it that it just needed directing, I think he got caught between heading it at goal and back across tbh.

Sick Boy

He is playing as we have no other choice, I want what’s best for the club rather than persisting with someone who is a League 2 player.

Grendel

He is playing as we have no other choice, I want what’s best for the club rather than persisting with someone who is a League 2 player.

If I was Biamou I’d be more worried about Danny than us. He’s boiling rabbits as we speak

Warwickhunt

the guy was on an angle coming into Marosi and all McFadz hd to do was keep the pressure on him (not touch the Gimp!) and Marosi would have been out to him. McFadz decision making is poor considering his experience the centre backs have got to learn to give Marosi the chance on one on ones situation. However why was he not sent off! Rose did far less and got sent off for it? bloody officials make it up as they go or they have had a bet on one sending off (allegedly) But in my mind McFadz cost us a point, Biamous miss cost us a point, My Piss is still boiling!

steve101

Up until last season JCH's goal per game ratio was about 1 goal per 6.5 games. However last season he was prolific. Biamou is about 1 in 7. JCH is younger but has benefited from 10 years of coaching at league standard. Biamou only 3 but due to his ACL injury and recovery much less. So he is developing all the time and can still reach the standard we hope.
I agree that some players and some managers are just good fits and clubs and just do not perform as expected when they move to usually bigger clubs.

Grendel

Up until last season JCH's goal per game ratio was about 1 goal per 6.5 games. However last season he was prolific. Biamou is about 1 in 7. JCH is younger but has benefited from 10 years of coaching at league standard. Biamou only 3 but due to his ACL injury and recovery much less. So he is developing all the time and can still reach the standard we hope.
I agree that some players and some managers are just good fits and clubs and just do not perform as expected when they move to usually bigger clubs.

It was not 1 in 6.5 games

Grendel

Before joining Bristol 189 league games 29 goals 1 in 6.5 games. Fair play to him for turning this around. Bit like McGoldrick did in his time with us

He only started 90 games and it’s massively distorted by his time at Rotherham where he was often used as a sub in the last few minutes of games

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

So Clarke Harris worst spell is comparable to Biamou’s best

In terms of goals scored but their role goes beyond that, certainly in Biamou's case.

JCH is the more able player of the too and when on it a menace for defences. But too often he isn't on it and is almost a passenger, deciding to spend most of the game falling on his arse. If things aren't going his way he's almost a liability.

Max will give it everything he's got regardless and that kind of attitude and workrate can inspire those around him. Plus he will work more for the team.

So while I can understand why people would pick JCH there's a bit more to it than just ability.

Irish Sky Blue

So far on this thread we have had anyone who thinks that Biamou is any good being described as a moron. Biamou himself described as shit, League Two standard and a French C.( what has his nationality got to do with anything?) I wouldn’t really see any of these comments as being anything other than knee jerk reactions to the manner in which we lost.
I like Biamou as a player ( don’t know him personally, have never met him, never had a selfie taken with him and don’t follow him or anyone else on social media.). My opinion is based purely on what I see him doing on the pitch. Because I see value in him and someone else doesn’t, I don’t think that that would make either of us a moron. It’s a difference of opinion.
Biamou has played two full games this season and came on as a sub well into the second half twice. I thought he did well against Gillingham, scored a well taken goal and generally contributed to the team’s performance. I thought he was okay in his few minutes on the pitch against Blackburn and I felt that he had a very good game against Reading. Against Forest, he was mediocre at best in the first half, much like the rest of the team. His second half showing however, I felt was very good. He got into goal scoring positions, he held the ball up well , he won a lot of the ball in the air, not just aimless flick ons but often finding a team mate. Now, most of this is my subjective opinion but at least I am saying why I think he was good. I also agree with the comment from someone above who said that on a couple of occasions he did look lost with the ball at his feet, like a rabbit in headlights. His pass at the end was horrendous, no defending that, it cost us a point. Why he didn’t play the simple ball down the line to Rose, I don’t know.
We have the poster, who, because of that pass thinks that Biamou should never play for the team again. In my view, again subjective, that totally ignores the value that Max has added to the last two performances. (Again that is my view, but if someone thinks he played poorly against Reading or the second half at Forest, maybe they could say why instead of just claiming he is crap).
His missing of 4 ‘gilt edged chances’ in those two games has been sited as a reason why he should be ‘bombed out’. I thought the Reading centre forward (Joao?) looked a tremendous player, much better than Max. If Reading wanted a swap deal, their forward for ours, I’d snap their hand off. He scored a really well taken goal but he missed in a one on one with Marosi and then in injury time lobbed the ball into our goalkeepers hands when he could have blasted it into the net. It could be said his poor finishing cost Reading a point, maybe three. The fact is that all players miss chances, it happens. By the thinking of posters on here, O’Hare should never play again as his miss (in my view a much better chance than any of Max’s) against Swansea cost us two points. I didn’t feel any of the chances were gilt edged (my view again). Even the one in the second half against Reading was coming to him fast and at an awkward angle, he also had to stretch for it. A matter of 6 inches lower and it would have been in.
Some on here feel that JCH is a much better player than Biamou. Based on the time that they played together here, I would disagree. He scored a bag full of goals for Bristol Rovers and he earned them a million pound fee. Max is never going to do either, (I don’t think) for us. I was very disappointed with JCH. He had the odd good game where he used his skill and power to good effect but those occasions, for me were too few and far between. I hated the way he went down under challenge, often when he was in a position to do something better with the ball than the free kick he sometimes won. I don’t know if he was disruptive or his wages were high but I think it is telling that Robins was happy to let him go for free mid season.
I have a relative who works for a League One team. From what he tells me Max had the chance to join them in the last transfer window. If he is a shite League 2 player at best, both they and Robins, who plays him in the Championship must be mugs. Or maybe they can see more in him than a few posters on here.

SlowerThanPlatt

So far on this thread we have had anyone who thinks that Biamou is any good being described as a moron. Biamou himself described as shit, League Two standard and a French C.( what has his nationality got to do with anything?) I wouldn’t really see any of these comments as being anything other than knee jerk reactions to the manner in which we lost.
I like Biamou as a player ( don’t know him personally, have never met him, never had a selfie taken with him and don’t follow him or anyone else on social media.). My opinion is based purely on what I see him doing on the pitch. Because I see value in him and someone else doesn’t, I don’t think that that would make either of us a moron. It’s a difference of opinion.
Biamou has played two full games this season and came on as a sub well into the second half twice. I thought he did well against Gillingham, scored a well taken goal and generally contributed to the team’s performance. I thought he was okay in his few minutes on the pitch against Blackburn and I felt that he had a very good game against Reading. Against Forest, he was mediocre at best in the first half, much like the rest of the team. His second half showing however, I felt was very good. He got into goal scoring positions, he held the ball up well , he won a lot of the ball in the air, not just aimless flick ons but often finding a team mate. Now, most of this is my subjective opinion but at least I am saying why I think he was good. I also agree with the comment from someone above who said that on a couple of occasions he did look lost with the ball at his feet, like a rabbit in headlights. His pass at the end was horrendous, no defending that, it cost us a point. Why he didn’t play the simple ball down the line to Rose, I don’t know.
We have the poster, who, because of that pass thinks that Biamou should never play for the team again. In my view, again subjective, that totally ignores the value that Max has added to the last two performances. (Again that is my view, but if someone thinks he played poorly against Reading or the second half at Forest, maybe they could say why instead of just claiming he is crap).
His missing of 4 ‘gilt edged chances’ in those two games has been sited as a reason why he should be ‘bombed out’. I thought the Reading centre forward (Joao?) looked a tremendous player, much better than Max. If Reading wanted a swap deal, their forward for ours, I’d snap their hand off. He scored a really well taken goal but he missed in a one on one with Marosi and then in injury time lobbed the ball into our goalkeepers hands when he could have blasted it into the net. It could be said his poor finishing cost Reading a point, maybe three. The fact is that all players miss chances, it happens. By the thinking of posters on here, O’Hare should never play again as his miss (in my view a much better chance than any of Max’s) against Swansea cost us two points. I didn’t feel any of the chances were gilt edged (my view again). Even the one in the second half against Reading was coming to him fast and at an awkward angle, he also had to stretch for it. A matter of 6 inches lower and it would have been in.
Some on here feel that JCH is a much better player than Biamou. Based on the time that they played together here, I would disagree. He scored a bag full of goals for Bristol Rovers and he earned them a million pound fee. Max is never going to do either, (I don’t think) for us. I was very disappointed with JCH. He had the odd good game where he used his skill and power to good effect but those occasions, for me were too few and far between. I hated the way he went down under challenge, often when he was in a position to do something better with the ball than the free kick he sometimes won. I don’t know if he was disruptive or his wages were high but I think it is telling that Robins was happy to let him go for free mid season.
I have a relative who works for a League One team. From what he tells me Max had the chance to join them in the last transfer window. If he is a shite League 2 player at best, both they and Robins, who plays him in the Championship must be mugs. Or maybe they can see more in him than a few posters on here.

He is playing because Bakayoko has seemingly been bombed out and Walker isn’t fit. There isn’t a choice. When there was a choice he wasn’t in the squad.

Irish Sky Blue

He only started 90 games and it’s massively distorted by his time at Rotherham where he was often used as a sub in the last few minutes of games
Do you not see the irony in the way that you feel that JCH's goalscoring record should not be distorted by sub appearances (quite right too), but this is certainly not a luxury you would afford to Biamou. It's why goals per minute on the pitch is a much better indicator of performance.

SlowerThanPlatt

Do you not see the irony in the way that you feel that JCH's goalscoring record should not be distorted by sub appearances (quite right too), but this is certainly not a luxury you would afford to Biamou. It's why goals per minute on the pitch is a much better indicator of performance.

It’s not - Biamou had a similar goal per minute to Godden last season. Do you think if Biamou was given the same minutes he would have scored more goals than him (14)?

Irish Sky Blue

He is playing because Bakayoko has seemingly been bombed out and Walker isn’t fit. There isn’t a choice. When there was a choice he wasn’t in the squad.
That really wasn't the point of the post you have replied too.
However, there is a choice and you have just alluded to it. Robins could play Bakayoko. At the moment he seems to see Biamou as the better option. He could have played Walker. If Biamou is so dire, surely a player who is fit but lacking in match sharpness would still be the better option? He also has the choice to stick with one striker up front. If Biamou is so poor, surely that would still be a better option?
Four choices there yet Robins has still favoured playing Biamou in the last two games.
I said above what I saw in Buamou's two Championship starts. Presumably you disagree and saw something else?

Irish Sky Blue

It’s not - Biamou had a similar goal per minute to Godden last season. Do you think if Biamou was given the same minutes he would have scored more goals than him (14)?
So you think that a player getting on in the 80th minute of a game on a regular basis should have his goal stats analysed in the same way as a player who regularly starts? I don't think that that is fair.
I do think that if Biamou had had more minutes on the pitch he would have scored more goals which is a rather obvious statement. Would I have him in the team ahead of Godden? No. Godden is a better player and a better goalscorer. That doesn't mean that I can't see or appreciate the qualities that Biamou has or that himself and Godden can't be in the team together.

Users who are viewing this thread