Taxi for Biamou? (1 Viewer)

stevefloyd

Didn't even realise we had a man sent off last night. Only finding out now it was Max! Saves me watching the highlights 🤣
Got to say SW your coverage is absolutely shit this season

NorthernWisdom

Whilst I agree we aren't working on much budget-wise so this summer would have proved difficult to replace Baka/Biamou, it's always been a confusing one that we already had someone considerably better than both in JCH that we let go for free. I understand I don't know how disruptive he was and it might well be Robins made the right call, but one things for sure, if you offered me JCH or Biamou in the Championship, it wouldn't be close
tbf, that wasn't the either/or though. As you say, something clearly wasn't right so he had to go - and the manager never seemed to play to his strengths anyway. I'm also guessing it'd be to free up his wages for other players, too.

Obviously if it's Biamou v Clarke-Harris you'd go for the latter every time, but doubt it was that simple!

Grendel

Said by someone who knows nothing about being a professional footballer and has most likely never played at any level. A typically derisory and insulting comment from someone totally classless.

You really need to go and have a lie down

steve101

Whilst I agree we aren't working on much budget-wise so this summer would have proved difficult to replace Baka/Biamou, it's always been a confusing one that we already had someone considerably better than both in JCH that we let go for free. I understand I don't know how disruptive he was and it might well be Robins made the right call, but one things for sure, if you offered me JCH or Biamou in the Championship, it wouldn't be close
I wouldn't. When Biamou came back from his injury he was very good for us. His performances, albeit in league 1 were better than what we had from JCH. For me Biamou is a better alround player. Think we need to give Biamou more than 2 championship games before saying he isn't good enough. Parts of his game look more than good enough. Granted he should have put the header away. 99% of the time he would have done. I think if he stays in and around the team he will end the season in double figures for goals. The back pass was dreadful but I don't think that would have happened had he been fully match fit. It's not just the legs that go, it is concentration and decision making. He will continue to get fitter and sharper.

Grendel

I wouldn't. When Biamou came back from his injury he was very good for us. His performances, albeit in league 1 were better than what we had from JCH. For me Biamou is a better alround player. Think we need to give Biamou more than 2 championship games before saying he isn't good enough. Parts of his game look more than good enough. Granted he should have put the header away. 99% of the time he would have done. I think if he stays in and around the team he will end the season in double figures for goals. The back pass was dreadful but I don't think that would have happened had he been fully match fit. It's not just the legs that go, it is concentration and decision making. He will continue to get fitter and sharper.

Clarke-Harris has scored 30 goals in his last 50 league 1 games. Biamou has 4 in his entire career

SlowerThanPlatt

He has scored 9 league goals ever for us, the majority at League 2 level, how is he going to get double figures in the Championship?

stupot07

I almost think his missed header was the worse error

At least with the pass, as bad as it was, the penalty/goal was still very preventable (Ostigard, Mcfadz and Marosi all could have done better)

But the header was just a stone cold sitter. 5 yards out, free header. He simply has to score that.
That was Ostegard wasnt it?

Scrap that I was thinking of the second header.

He should have scored but it wasn't a free header, he's under a lot of pressure. You see plenty of those sailing over the bar. Ostegards headed miss was worse.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
78a9f4c76249036bb09feb017db88202.jpg

In fact Ostegard could have also knocked it across goal to Walker for an open goal tap in.
23150fe71b9108fa04a7881d1c3125da.jpg

Last edited:

stay_up_skyblues

I thought this when we let him go. Was a great back up striker and offered a plan B all on his own. Presumably he wanted first team football which he deserves, as proven at his next two clubs.

Grendel

Well let's just see...

If you were Peterborough manager and was offered a straight swap - Biamou for Clarke Harris would you take it?

steve101

If you were Peterborough manager and was offered a straight swap - Biamou for Clarke Harris would you take it?
Good question. I would swap Biamou as Peterborough manager if I felt confident in his fitness. His injuries would be a concern. The other factor is that JCH may fit their way of playing but he didn't fit ours.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

What’s the comparison between JCH & Baka/Max combined at league 1 anyone ?

Biamou has scored 4 goals in 22 League 1 games = goal every 5.5

Bakayoko 20 goals in 147 League 1 games = goal every 7.35

Clarke Harris 46 goals in 163 League 1 games= goal every 3.54

CanuckSkyBlue

Biamou looked scared every time he touched the ball last night. I’m pretty sure he knows he’s not good enough.

surprised we haven’t had a whip round to cheer him up. Get him a “least you tried” cake for his instagram story.

TTG

Just to be clear I made this thread as a mistake to people calling robins out and max to be sent to the bomb squad

I'M not that stupid promise

Kieranp96

My opinion Anywya I think max has been a good introduction past few games gave defenders something else to consider and since he's been in with had like 30 shots in 2 games, one mistake and thats it your on his back.

Johhny Blue

My opinion Anywya I think max has been a good introduction past few games gave defenders something else to consider and since he's been in with had like 30 shots in 2 games, one mistake and thats it your on his back.
To be fair it was a huge mistake. Hopefully he’s strong enough to bounce back. Just takes one of those “Max specials” and all will be forgiven

Kieranp96

To be fair it was a huge mistake. Hopefully he’s strong enough to bounce back. Just takes one of those “Max specials” and all will be forgiven
Ofcourse it was but so was the rose mistake that seen him get red and Hamer mistake that seen him see red, of dabos mistake last season where he scored 2 own goals and received a red, mistakes happen.

Sick Boy

It seems that for some he’s even bigger than the club itself - some of the stuff harks back to the nonsense defending of Thorn - there will be a leave Maxy alone meltdown soon.

wingy

Just to be clear I made this thread as a mistake to people calling robins out and max to be sent to the bomb squad

I'M not that stupid promise
Couldn't be that he's played little football over the last six months?

Garryb80

And of those shots he has missed a couple of gilt edged chances himself.

Users who are viewing this thread