Taxi cancelled for Robins (1 Viewer)

why not? It’s roughly 160k for the rest season. It’s one game on TV.
10k would be absolute max we’d pay one of our own players, o’hare maybe to convince him, average for the rest of the squad would be sub 5k. Just don’t see the board justifying 10k on him. If it was a proven striker we were expecting 10 goals out of maybe but not a holding mid

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

10k would be absolute max we’d pay one of our own players, o’hare maybe to convince him, average for the rest of the squad would be sub 5k. Just don’t see the board justifying 10k on him. If it was a proven striker we were expecting 10 goals out of maybe but not a holding mid
You’re forgetting that Joy trusts Robins. He could easily convince her that he thinks James would have got us over the line. 160k is chicken feed if she’s convinced we get another season out of the championship.

the championship is a different animal to what we lef

D

Deleted member 11652

He’s on 25k at Leicester and Barnsley were paying half. Given the speed the deal was done, id be amazed if we are paying any less than £10k.

procdoc

The Luton guy has scored 3 in his first 9 games in the championship and 10 for Walsall in league 2 a league biamou scored 5 in in a promotion winning team
Im not saying Max is better, G you know I’m with you on the Max debate. It’s a moot point anyway as we didn’t have a million quid to spend on a striker in January

You’re forgetting that Joy trusts Robins. He could easily convince her that he thinks James would have got us over the line. 160k is chicken feed if she’s convinced we get another season out of the championship.

the championship is a different animal to what we lef
I just can’t imagine him wanting to pay that himself. 160k isn’t chicken feed in a year of
no fans in

He’s on 25k at Leicester and Barnsley were paying half. Given the speed the deal was done, id be amazed if we are paying any less than £10k.
Where do you think this money is coming from? Leicester would just want to get a portion of his wages covered until his contract’s up

Liquid Gold

I'm just getting increasingly frustrated with the same issues recurring.

Our most successful system this season has been 3 5 2 pressing high and moving the ball, it's how we beat Brentford and got our best win of the season against Rotherham. We then completely abandoned the system the games after this and reverted to 5 stodge 1 where there is no adventure and we just revert to playing it long. Because of this system we have to play our worst striker as our better ones aren't suited to playing this way.

We spend January bringing in a striker to warm the bench and another Kelly which further compounds our lack of invention in midfield when we were crying out for creativity. That is emblematic of the manager's philosophy this season where the first goal is to avoid losing the game, not attempting to win it, which I think has cost us more points than it has gained us. He seems to have a simple philosophy of away point = good result without context. An away point at a promotion chasing team is good but for us to show no intent against a multitude of teams who are either poor or out of form looks increasingly like poor decision making.

The games we play tend to follow a pattern of missing a sitter early on, conceding a poor goal then falling in on ourselves and either making more mistakes or not attacking the game as we're worried at conceding more. It looks like neither the team or the management have the belief that we can come back and win points at the moment.

We also have the issue of constantly picking players that aren't doing their jobs and costing us points. Persisting with a goalkeeper who is clearly not up to the level, allowing a CB to play every week while he makes error after error and playing a striker that has struggled for goals his entire career and letting him miss chance after chance. It must be incredibly demotivating to those sat on the bench wondering what they have to do to get a game.

Then we have the summer recruitment which was aimed at playing the same system we did so well in league 1, which is fine in principal if you don't then abandon the system after 5 games. There should have been players win an eye at a plan b and we would have been better combining the funds spend on so many foreign dud signings on 1 decent player.

Yesterdays game was so frustrating. We were playing the worst team in the league, one that we've beaten multiple times using a pretty simple method, play our back line high to negate the long ball, play it on the ground between the lines and press them at the back. Yesterday we decided to do none of that and wen't long, played their game and made them comfortable.

I'm not calling for him to go yet but I'm starting to seriously wonder if he is capable at this level. As the weeks go by and the same mistakes occur he's looking more and more like a manager that has done an incredible job to get us to the Championship but doesn't have the ability to progress us any further. Unless things change then I can't se the club moving forwards, even if we stay up I think we're likely to be in another relegation battle making the same mistakes. Is he capable of doing a Barnsley or evolving us so we're at least a mid table Championship club? I'm not sure.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I just can’t imagine him wanting to pay that himself. 160k isn’t chicken feed in a year of
no fans in

Where do you think this money is coming from? Leicester would just want to get a portion of his wages covered until his contract’s up
Our turnover has increased to about 10million this year in Tv money alone. There’s higher premier ship solidarity payments to go on top of that aswell. Our wage bill was around 3.5 mil last year. Let’s say that’s doubled because of promotion clauses. There’s a decent pot there on top of the carrot of the same money next year

why would Leicester take just anything? He’s liked there, they’d happily have him as back up unless someone takes a significant portion of his wages

Grendel

Our turnover has increased to about 10million this year in Tv money alone. There’s higher premier ship solidarity payments to go on top of that aswell. Our wage bill was around 3.5 mil last year. Let’s say that’s doubled because of promotion clauses. There’s a decent pot there on top of the carrot of the same money next year

why would Leicester take just anything? He’s liked there, they’d happily have him as back up unless someone takes a significant portion of his wages

Our wage bill was £5.3 million before the promotion season

Even with increased tv money we’re losing it elsewhere due to covid. But I still don’t see that justifying the board throwing 10k around on a loan player. I can’t see him being liked at Leicester having any influence, he’s not a back up player there, and is on his way out. They wouldn’t take pennies for him but I can’t imagine we’d be paying as much as Barnsley did.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

MR has always been a cautious manager. The Championship seems to make him even more so, and he plays even more defensively than normal and is even more reluctant to change things. It's a shame because we've probably left a number of points on the pitch in winnable games because he's shown a reluctance to have more of a go at winning it.

He needs to show more faith in his players to be able to compete against teams at this level. We're not a L1 club masqeurading as a Championship one. We're a Championship club and deserve to be here because we won the division below last year. His approach suggests he's treating us like the former and that seeps into the players and they start to doubt themselves as well.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Even with increased tv money we’re losing it elsewhere due to covid. But I still don’t see that justifying the board throwing 10k around on a loan player. I can’t see him being liked at Leicester having any influence, he’s not a back up player there, and is on his way out. They wouldn’t take pennies for him but I can’t imagine we’d be paying as much as Barnsley did.
That’s just TV money, our deal with Boyle sports was apparently big for the club. We had no ground costs other than rent

my mate is a Leicester season ticket holder, I’m telling you what he said. He was first team until injury - they now have Ndidi and Praet. Said he was surprised he wasn’t there as cover. Againthe championship is a different league. Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not happening. Especially as @Barnsley made out he wasthe Championship pirlo

That’s just TV money, our deal with Boyle sports was apparently big for the club. We had no ground costs other than rent

my mate is a Leicester season ticket holder, I’m telling you what he said. He was first team until injury - they now have Ndidi and Praet. Said he was surprised he wasn’t there as cover. Againthe championship is a different league. Just because you can’t see it doesn’t mean it’s not happening. Especially as @Barnsley made out he wasthe Championship pirlo
Even with sponsorship, it’s still an entire season without fans income and extra costs with covid. Either way I just can’t see us spending that much on a loan player. Hadn’t James played twice for Leicester in about 3 years or so?

Grendel

That would definitely put a few of our players on over 10k a week.

Not really as it’s £5.3 before we signed Mcfazdean Allen Kastaneer Godden jobello Dabo to name a few in league 1

Most will have a clause to increase salaries on promotion and then you add the championship signings as well

D

Deleted member 11652

Not really as it’s £5.3 before we signed Mcfazdean Allen Kastaneer Godden jobello Dabo to name a few in league 1

Most will have a clause to increase salaries on promotion and then you add the championship signings as well

I was told Fadz and Kelly had their wages nearly doubled on promotion. I guess most players would’ve had at least a 15/20% rise

procdoc

I was told Fadz and Kelly had their wages nearly doubled on promotion. I guess most players would’ve had at least a 15/20% rise
Who told you, the postman? I hear lots of stuff about the club, doesn’t mean it’s true!

Grendel

Who told you, the postman? I hear lots of stuff about the club, doesn’t mean it’s true!

Wages would have risen someone else on here said they’d increased by 50%

D

Deleted member 11652

Of course which is why I said I would guess most would have 15/20%.

The person who told me also told me about O’hare and a few other things but that doesn’t make it true.

better days

I haven't read most of this thread, there's just too much to and fro
But what I can say is that Robins (and Viveash) don't hold back when players aren't performing
Especially at HT and at the end of matches where we haven't done well
Some players respond to this, others don't - it's the same at every club
But generally speaking he keeps the hard words in house and only occasionally goes public, usually when a player doesn't have a great attitude
Of course he's not perfect and some fringe players especially might be unhappy from time to time if they are in and out of the side
What we really need is Godden and Walker fit to start
The break has probably come at the right time for us

NorthernWisdom

That’s bollocks really isn’t it. When we had Thorn and Slade most people could easily name better managers we could realistically get at the time. We got Robins after Slade who has proven to be 1000 times better
And very few would have said Robins before he was appointed, because he'd had seasons of relative failure at Huddersfield and Scunthorpe. Likewise, what's the point in listing managers only for their records to be dissected?

To be clear, I think it's madness to get rid of Robins (punished for promotion) but, there are umpteen managers with experience, and ability. The same as if Robins chose to leave (for a better job?), we wouldn't struggle to replace him. The difficulty isn't getting a half-decent manager, it's getting the half-decent manager who's right for this club.

And tbf, that's why it's crazy to get rid of the one of those we already have...

But, why name names?

NorthernWisdom

I haven't read most of this thread, there's just too much to and fro
But what I can say is that Robins (and Viveash) don't hold back when players aren't performing
Especially at HT and at the end of matches where we haven't done well
Some players respond to this, others don't - it's the same at every club
But generally speaking he keeps the hard words in house and only occasionally goes public, usually when a player doesn't have a great attitude
Of course he's not perfect and some fringe players especially might be unhappy from time to time if they are in and out of the side
What we really need is Godden and Walker fit to start
The break has probably come at the right time for us
tbf, one of the curses of being a manager is that some people just won;t like you, because you'll never make decisions that please everybody.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

And very few would have said Robins before he was appointed, because he'd had seasons of relative failure at Huddersfield and Scunthorpe. Likewise, what's the point in listing managers only for their records to be dissected?

To be clear, I think it's madness to get rid of Robins (punished for promotion) but, there are umpteen managers with experience, and ability. The same as if Robins chose to leave (for a better job?), we wouldn't struggle to replace him. The difficulty isn't getting a half-decent manager, it's getting the half-decent manager who's right for this club.

And tbf, that's why it's crazy to get rid of the one of those we already have...

But, why name names?
Yeah but there comes a time where a manager has taken you as far as he could.

SkyBlueMatt

Have we been relegated yet? No.

What did everyone want when the season started? Just stay up.

The progress we've made under Robins in the past few years and we haven't been relegated yet. Its still in our hands.

We were always going to be in a relegation battle. At the start of the season I thought it might go down to the final day.

If we stay up, Robins has done a great job.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

procdoc

Have we been relegated yet? No.

What did everyone want when the season started? Just stay up.

The progress we've made under Robins in the past few years and we haven't been relegated yet. Its still in our hands.

We were always going to be in a relegation battle. At the start of the season I thought it might go down to the final day.

If we stay up, Robins has done a great job.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Exactly this. Why spoil five years of progress with a knee-jerk sacking when the operation was purely to survive

D

Deleted member 11652

Exactly this. Why spoil five years of progress with a knee-jerk sacking when the operation was purely to survive

I think only one person on here wants him sacked? Most are saying if we go down he should be sacked.

Users who are viewing this thread