Targets for Next Season (1 Viewer)

Magwitch

The same as making charity bets while giving it the big one and getting found out and going back on it?

It is far too obvious when people try too hard because they slip up.
I wouldn’t put that anywhere near a racist comment on a website and anyway I won the bet? You pay.

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn’t put that anywhere near a racist comment on a website and anyway I won the bet? You pay.

Yet in the thread last week you acknowledged you didn't because you had only been to about half the games and you were going to donate it to a special school. Do you have issues with your memory or is it multiple people using the account who can't be consistent?

Grendel

Yet in the thread last week you acknowledged you didn't because you had only been to about half the games and you were going to donate it to a special school. Do you have issues with your memory or is it multiple people using the account who can't be consistent?

That’s my suspicion

Grendel

Maybe he could just log back in as rupert_bear and save the trouble.

It's very strange, maybe it's just one of those multiple personality things.

After all, his words were:

He was Eleanor Rigby before Rupert Bear

vow

Out of contract, so hopefully won't matter. Surely only going to be a number 2 for any club in the Championship?
He's been a bit "No.2" here for the last few weeks.....

pastythegreat

And what fees did they cost then ?
That wasn't what you said. You said, and I quote "We can’t sign established players with the restraints our owner puts on". Even with and regardless of those restraints, we've signed those 4 players. 2 of which have been instrumental in our last 2 seasons (Doyle last and Kelly this) and 1 (Ogogo) cost us 6 figures.
Now again, please explain how we can't sign "established" players.

mark82

That wasn't what you said. You said, and I quote "We can’t sign established players with the restraints our owner puts on". Even with and regardless of those restraints, we've signed those 4 players. 2 of which have been instrumental in our last 2 seasons (Doyle last and Kelly this) and 1 (Ogogo) cost us 6 figures.
Now again, please explain how we can't sign "established" players.

There aren't restraints put on by our owners, as such. At least not restraints that aren't sensible. We are aiming to live within our means (as all clubs should), the biggest limiting factor we have is not owning our ground and the lack of bums on seats. If people gave more of a shit and turned up regularly we could spend more (not a dig at those that don't, I struggle at times as I live away from Coventry).

The other limitation, which is set within the football club, is that we develop players to sell on. Again, it's sensible, but doesn't exclude us from buying players with experience.

We spent a good amount of money this year. A number of our big signings didn't pan out (at least not yet), but that happens sometimes. Hopefully we can stay at the Ricoh and build a better team next year. In my view we were a clinical striker and a goalkeeper away this year.

stevefloyd

There aren't restraints put on by our owners, as such. At least not restraints that aren't sensible. We are aiming to live within our means (as all clubs should), the biggest limiting factor we have is not owning our ground and the lack of bums on seats. If people gave more of a shit and turned up regularly we could spend more (not a dig at those that don't, I struggle at times as I live away from Coventry).

The other limitation, which is set within the football club, is that we develop players to sell on. Again, it's sensible, but doesn't exclude us from buying players with experience.

We spent a good amount of money this year. A number of our big signings didn't pan out (at least not yet), but that happens sometimes. Hopefully we can stay at the Ricoh and build a better team next year. In my view we were a clinical striker and a goalkeeper away this year.
I agree we were only a couple of players away from promotion...perhaps just the one in a clinical striker because it has cost us a lot more points than Coco in goal for us with the inability to kill matches, getting Enobakhare was a sort of masterstroke and Wolves have done us good in the past 2 seasons with Duckens and Bright.

coop

I definitely think McNulty jumped ship a little early if we had him for one more season we would of been in automatic promotion place's.But unfortunately money and length of contract turned his head.We should of offered him more money and a 3 year deal.

speedie87

I agree we were only a couple of players away from promotion...perhaps just the one in a clinical striker because it has cost us a lot more points than Coco in goal for us with the inability to kill matches, getting Enobakhare was a sort of masterstroke and Wolves have done us good in the past 2 seasons with Duckens and Bright.

3 times they bought Stevenson!

Brighton Sky Blue

Chaplin 100+ first team appearances and Hiwula 100+ games at L1 level, better goalscoring record than McNulty at this level as well. Clueless.

Interesting then that the excuses of them being young fly out in defence of awful misses every week but when it suits you they are seasoned pros. Make your mind up

Brighton Sky Blue

Shankland now has 28 from 26 this season despite having an injury midway through. Again similar to McNulty and scores all types-would be available on the cheap too

CanadianCCFC

Just spoke to him defo Luton he’s said he also said burge is meant to be a done deal to Brentford is the rumour
Brentford? You mean, Brentford in the championship? They don’t have a Brentford united formed a few years ago, because that’s probably more his level.
Seriously though he can’t be a starter for them, hope he has fun on the bench.

Brighton Sky Blue

Brentford? You mean, Brentford in the championship? They don’t have a Brentford united formed a few years ago, because that’s probably more his level.
Seriously though he can’t be a starter for them, hope he has fun on the bench.

Maybe he’ll be used to provide entertainment for the mascots at half time

Brighton Sky Blue

Yes, no denying that Chaplin has missed some good chances. Criticising him for missing chances is fair enough, writing him off completely isn't.

Never wrote him off but I did call for him to be removed from the side for a while to put in more time on the training ground and regroup.

ps1948

Perhaps we could have Brentford's current keeper as an exchange?
As far as Norwood goes, Tranmere are in the play-offs, having been promoted last year. Would he want to come to us?

covcity4life

Thomas would be a huge loss..only idiots solely focus on his missed chances

Bright is the main man to keep of course

If we kept both i would expect us to challenge for auto spots

Striker wise we have biamou back,hopefully the compeyion would make baka play well more than 1 in 3 games

Jones wakefield thomas on wings would be great. Add 1 more

We need a centre mid for sure. Shipley still young but not showing anything special currently. Not consostently anyway

1 more left back to push mason
Prob 2 rightbacks as stelring and grimmer will be gone

Cb wise we have young talent but are they good enough if willis and davies leave?

And a new keeper!!!!! Makes me so excited lol

So we are looking at 5 or 6 new players if we can retain some loans. Withoitbthem 7 or 8 and it will be crucial to get signings right

Users who are viewing this thread