Targets for Next Season (1 Viewer)

Grendel

To be fair a lot of those 54 appearances were bit part ones either subbed or came on for 20 minutes or so.

3 league goals in 22 starts all in a lower division

Grendel

Proved you and your expert views wrong at the back end of last year.

No he didn’t - you can’t build a career on one game.

Magwitch

Hardly played yet but looks like he’s written off already. We can’t sign established players with the restraints our owner puts on team building unless loans, youngsters who are a bit of a gamble or the likes of Max Biamou from non league.

Grendel

Hardly played yet but looks like he’s written off already. We can’t sign established players with the restraints our owner puts on team building unless loans, youngsters who are a bit of a gamble or the likes of Max Biamou from non league.

We’ve signed loads of “established” players for fees - what are you on about?

Magwitch

Loads ? Who are they then in this present squad and don’t give me Chaplin or Hiwula please, I’ll give you Bakayoko just about and Brown perhaps no fee involved though

Last edited:

Ricketts

The Bradford player Sean Scannel looked like the type of player we could do with. He will be on League two wages from now on, and has played for Robins before.

But I agree keeping MR is the main thing.

Burge will continue to improve, as will Max and Baka.

pastythegreat

So Doyle, Kelly, Ogogo and Brown weren't all established players? Granted Ogogo and Brown didn't feature much but they were both in a play off team past season, Ogogo being the captain of said team.

Grendel

Loads ? Who are they then in this present squad and don’t give me Chaplin or Hiwula please, I’ll give you Bakayoko just about and Brown perhaps no fee involved though

Hiwula is 24 and has played 170 league games

Cavan O'Doherty

I'm already looking forward to next season. Assuming the rumour that Sky mentioned today comes true I think we've got a good foundation to build on. Other things like an early sale of Callum Wilson will really help our cause during the summer window.

From conversations I've had there is apparently a striking target which is all but a formality that will score goals. No names or anything at this point though.

Would love to keep Bright in some capacity more than anyone, we're just a much better team with him at number 10, seems to really bring the best out of our striking options.

Burge can go as far as I'm concerned. Clearly lacking in confidence in his own ability. He's a good shot stopper, but there are good shot stoppers that play at any level, including Sunday league. What's the situation with Christy Pym at Exeter? He's meant to be good.
I imagine the player in question is out of contract then. Anyone think of any names?

shmmeee

All this talk of needing a goal scorer:

Hiwula: goal every 236 mins (<3 games per goal)
Chaplin: 253 mins (ditto)
Baka: 216 mins
(Bright: 220)

Over a season that puts all of them in the high teens.

For Sunderland:

Maja: 118
McGeady: 219
Grigg: 278

Most of the others well over 300.

I don’t think it’s the massive issue we think it is. Most of those four barely played first half of the season or were young players settling in. If we can get loanees of a similar quality to Bright and Thomas I think we’ll be OK.

We desperately need a commanding GK though. To the point that I’d spend the entire budget there if I had to.

I reckon we’ll get a couple of young RBs like we’ve done for LB this season. Beyond that (GK/RB/AM/RW) I think we’re OK. Hope to see a couple come through the academy at CB and at the top end of the pitch as well.

Nick

Administrator
I know the ain’t gap toothed g—-s my racist quoting friend

Getting a bit desperate? It's a bit embarrassing really.

At least you must have had a brief to focus on a comment because I said gypo.

Anything to distract away from the fact you pipe up and have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Evo1883

Whatever happens , robins has put together competitive sides in both seasons so far , I have no reason to believe next season will be different

In terms of a striker , we really should look at Norwood at tranmere

cc84cov

Whatever happens , robins has put together competitive sides in both seasons so far , I have no reason to believe next season will be different
Takes luck to get it right first time off probably second too I feel if we can keep the core of what we have and add the right recruitment this time round promotion could well be on next season priority is signing bright

Nick

Administrator
Slip of the tongue eh! It happens I suppose

The same as making charity bets while giving it the big one and getting found out and going back on it?

It is far too obvious when people try too hard because they slip up.

Users who are viewing this thread