Targets for Next Season (2 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Keeper
Right Back
Right Winger
Target Man

Who is available that we can sign for these positions and are there any others need filling?

Grendel

We don’t score anywhere near enough goals so we have to change that but there’s a lot of work to do as a lot of the better players will be gone

pastythegreat

Keeper is priority.

Sterling back on loan would be nice.

Right winger (like Thomas but somebody that can at least try and use his right foot)

Out and out goal scorer. Not a chaplin, could be good one for the future type. An actual proven goalscorer who has/can/will score regularly. Every team in the league seems to have that goalscorer to lead the line, we've not had anyone all season. I'm not saying we need to spend £4m on a will grigg like Sunderland, but that's exactly what we need to do.
The rest of the squad is good, we could look at a loan RB and we have Wakefield to maybe replace Thomas so why not goal all out and blow our budget on a keeper and a proven striker. That's the 2 things that have cost us this season

M

Martw

I think Sterling would be wanted again without doubt but he has already suggested he wants to play in the Championship and I would be surprised to see him back. 2 new keepers is a given - I imagine he will try to get a good experienced keeper but budget will of course dictate that. Remember we have Max and Jodi back next season, not proven at this level but they are our players and will be back. I would like Thomas back - If Derby don't go up they will look at him again of course but I could see him back for another season.

Terry Gibson's perm

Goalkeeper
Right back
Central midfielder
Right winger
no 10
Centre forward

Harry_Walker

from the current playing squad these will be the players here next season in my opinion:

Michael Rose, Dom Hyam, Brandon Mason, Sam McCallum, Liam Kelly, Jodi Jones (will miss start of the season), Zain Westbrooke, Jordan Shipley, Charlie Wakefield, Max Biamou, Conor Chaplin, Jordy Hiwula, Jordan Ponticelli, Amadou Bakayoko

that leaves us needing 2 goalkeepers, 2 right backs, 2 centre halves, 2 central midfielders, 2 wingers and 1 striker

Grendel

We will lose

The two keepers
Sterling
Brown
Willis
Probably Davies
Thomas - who will be a loss as he has created a lot of our good play
Bright

On top of that we haven’t a good centre forward and out overall squad is lightweight

It’s a huge rebuilding job

kg82

from the current playing squad these will be the players here next season in my opinion:

Michael Rose, Dom Hyam, Brandon Mason, Sam McCallum, Liam Kelly, Jodi Jones (will miss start of the season), Zain Westbrooke, Jordan Shipley, Charlie Wakefield, Max Biamou, Conor Chaplin, Jordy Hiwula, Jordan Ponticelli, Amadou Bakayoko

that leaves us needing 2 goalkeepers, 2 right backs, 2 centre halves, 2 central midfielders, 2 wingers and 1 striker

What about Bayliss? Is he out of contract? Or you think he’ll leave?

Liquid Gold

The club have an option on Davies, we only lose him if Robins has a replacement lined up so not much of an issue. Bayliss is contracted so will take a good fee to sign him giving us money to invest.

CanadianCCFC

I like our front four system we’ve been playing with the inside runs by our wingers.
Jones will take Thomas’s spot and is more clinical, better end product.
Biamou can actually hold the ball up unlike Bakayoko
Hiwula on the left
Someone to replace Bright.
Need to sign a number 10, a right back (or 2), and a keeper before we think about a striker imo.

Magwitch

We have Max and Jodie Jones to come back and four centre halves to pick from Drysdale, Rose, Hyam. We have Bayliss to come back aswell. Found a centre midfield player in Shipley. Need a goalie, perhaps two and push the boat out to sign Bright, over to our owner.

pastythegreat

We will lose

The two keepers
Sterling
Brown
Willis
Probably Davies
Bright

On top of that we haven’t a good centre forward and out overall squad is lightweight

Keepers, need replacing anyway. Regardless of them staying or not.
Brown won't be a big loss as he never plays anyway.
Willis will be a loss
Davies only wants to leave because of game time he'll get game time if Willis leaves. We will only lose 1 or the other not both. We already have 2 CHs coming in as cover.
We will miss Thomas's speed bud looking at Wakefield, he seems as fast and looks like he can actually finish which Thomas hasn't done much of.
Bright, good player but not irreplaceable. Could maybe even ìntice him back with a play off/promotion push on the offing?

Grendel

Keepers, need replacing anyway. Regardless of them staying or not.
Brown won't be a big loss as he never plays anyway.
Willis will be a loss
Davies only wants to leave because of game time he'll get game time if Willis leaves. We will only lose 1 or the other not both. We already have 2 CHs coming in as cover.
We will miss Thomas's speed bud looking at Wakefield, he seems as fast and looks like he can actually finish which Thomas hasn't done much of.
Bright, good player but not irreplaceable. Could maybe even ìntice him back with a play off/promotion push on the offing?

Wakefield - can finish - where?
Davies and robins don’t get on I believe

skybluepm2

Keeper above and beyond anybody else. This bloke has cost us the play-offs this season and automatic promotion last season. I have faith that Robins will recruit accordingly throughout the rest of the team

Terry Gibson's perm

We will lose

The two keepers
Sterling
Brown
Willis
Probably Davies
Bright

Plus Grimmer

Magwitch

As much as I’ve moaned about Thomas and his missed chances, let’s remember he’s only nineteen and this is his first season as a regular I’d keep him for definite if possible

Skyblueweeman

Not concerned about next seasons squad to be honest. Same every year really....always a rebuilding job...Robins by and large does a half decent job compared to previous managers when it comes to the transfer market.

If we're back at the Ricoh on a long term deal and a bit more stable, we might be more attractive.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Mr Panda

I'm already looking forward to next season. Assuming the rumour that Sky mentioned today comes true I think we've got a good foundation to build on. Other things like an early sale of Callum Wilson will really help our cause during the summer window.

From conversations I've had there is apparently a striking target which is all but a formality that will score goals. No names or anything at this point though.

Would love to keep Bright in some capacity more than anyone, we're just a much better team with him at number 10, seems to really bring the best out of our striking options.

Burge can go as far as I'm concerned. Clearly lacking in confidence in his own ability. He's a good shot stopper, but there are good shot stoppers that play at any level, including Sunday league. What's the situation with Christy Pym at Exeter? He's meant to be good.

Mucca Mad Boys

Our number one priority is to keep Mark Robins. I trust he’ll sign the right players to take us to the next level.

Reactions: vow

fatso

Keeper, right back, centre half, right winger, left winger, big fucker up front.
About 8 first team squad players to go.

Users who are viewing this thread