talklsport now (3 Viewers)

mark82

As far as you want just don't mention Sisu you may upset a few on here.

You just don't get it do you? Threads like this it is appropriate. Others it isn't. Some of us don't like every single thread breaking down to the same argument.

Sterling Archer

You just don't get it do you? Threads like this it is appropriate. Others it isn't. Some of us don't like every single thread breaking down to the same argument.
Actually you're very very wrong. There's nothing I like more when reminiscing about how underrated a footballer Roland Nilsson was, to have the thread derailed by another "SISU out, NOPM, KCIC, Joy SepticBumhole and Timmy Fishface raped my cat" post.

I can't get enough of it.

Astute

You at work again on this site? Boy I wish that I had a job like yours. How do I get one???

Bosses work days Monday to Friday on days only. Phones are forbidden so we have to be careful on them shifts. Otherwise they are out in the open.

There are jobs going at the moment. Factory is in Cumbria though and applications in by 7th so a little late maybe now. I am on my only day off in 12 today. Working 3 of my days off doing overtime. I moved from near where you are to be here. Same company as I worked for in Barton that closed their plant there in March last year. Good chance you will remember which one it was.

Astute

If that's what they're called then I guess we have to congratulate them on being our first owners to reach their goal/target?

They have reached several goals/targets. Just a shame they have all been bad for our club and us.

Skyblueweeman

No lets talk about now. CCFC are playing at Northampton. What could be worse?

Deflecting the issue to something that can't be changed seems a little stupid.

The issue started with Richardsons era. Everyone agrees that SISU are massively at fault for our Northampton tenure. However, few see past the last 7 or 8 years and remember that our issues stemmed from way before SISU got involved with CCFC.

WM

skybluesam66

Moz did a great job - For once collymore was on our side - as opposed to Dicks like Durham in the past
Couldnt understand how it had got to where we were at - and why no knight in shining armour wouldnt want to take such a big club over - and if not what about an AFC Coventry

Moz explained what a mess it was - that we had such loyal supporters, who want to follow ccfc, but in coventry - and there was no knight

Talked a lot about how we got here - and without blaming either side on its own (in fact rightly blaming all sides) - discussed how there is no thought at all for supporters, and is all about ego;s and court battles

well done Moz

shmmeee

The issue started with Richardsons era. Everyone agrees that SISU are massively at fault for our Northampton tenure. However, few see past the last 7 or 8 years and remember that our issues stemmed from way before SISU got involved with CCFC.

WM

No. Sorry our "issues" are not playing in Cov. We didn't have mass protests at how the club was being run until then. Stop trying to move the goalposts.

Also, look into the finances. We were FAR better off under both Richardson and McGinnity than we are under Sisu. The pace of decline has increased since they took over.

Richardson brought us probably the best footballing years of my life and from what I can tell actually left us in a sustainable position if not an ideal one financially. McGinnity wrecked the club for god knows what reason by crippling the income streams and hiring a succession of crap managers just when we needed some positivity. But he still left us a mid table Championship side.

Sisu have changed tack more often that a schizophrenic, gutted the playing side FAR too early, supported a mediocre manager who wasted some of the best talent we've had since relegation and backed one who got us relegated. They've divided the fanbase, ruined vital relations with local business and government, dragged our name through the mud and gutted any remaining assets we had.

I think they can take the blame on this one.

shmmeee

Moz did a great job - For once collymore was on our side - as opposed to Dicks like Durham in the past
Couldnt understand how it had got to where we were at - and why no knight in shining armour wouldnt want to take such a big club over - and if not what about an AFC Coventry

Moz explained what a mess it was - that we had such loyal supporters, who want to follow ccfc, but in coventry - and there was no knight

Talked a lot about how we got here - and without blaming either side on its own (in fact rightly blaming all sides) - discussed how there is no thought at all for supporters, and is all about ego;s and court battles

well done Moz

Yeah well done parroting the Sisu line Moz! "They're all as bad as each other" isn't a balanced view, it just means you've got a chip on both shoulders. It's allowing Sisu to control the language of the debate that's keeping them strong.

Football club owners shouldn't move the club against fan wishes. Full stop.

mark82

No. Sorry our "issues" are not playing in Cov. We didn't have mass protests at how the club was being run until then. Stop trying to move the goalposts.

Also, look into the finances. We were FAR better off under both Richardson and McGinnity than we are under Sisu. The pace of decline has increased since they took over.

Richardson brought us probably the best footballing years of my life and from what I can tell actually left us in a sustainable position if not an ideal one financially. McGinnity wrecked the club for god knows what reason by crippling the income streams and hiring a succession of crap managers just when we needed some positivity. But he still left us a mid table Championship side.

Sisu have changed tack more often that a schizophrenic, gutted the playing side FAR too early, supported a mediocre manager who wasted some of the best talent we've had since relegation and backed one who got us relegated. They've divided the fanbase, ruined vital relations with local business and government, dragged our name through the mud and gutted any remaining assets we had.

What happened under Richardson lead to the club not owning its own ground. Surely even you can see that has lead to where we are now?

Skyblueweeman

Hi shmmeee, everyone will see this differently and I see it differently to you, no biggie. The line I've highlighted is, in my opinion, what started off this whole sorry state of affairs. The position Richardson left us in was in no way sustainable...when SISU took over, weren't we £40m in debt and 15 mins from administration? That doesn't come from being sustainable. Yes, I know the debt is probably more now (up to £70m depending on where you read it) and we've been into administration but some will see it that had we actually been sustainable and living within our means in the Premiership, we wouldn't have had to look for another owner and SISU would probably have never entered the radar. I don't know how this would've been possible with also giving us the football you mentioned and the exciting players.

In essence, we witnessed some of our best years of exciting football with some of the best players we've ever had, all at the expense of a club run financially well which has escalated significantly further and transcended into the farce of a club we are now (off the pitch anyway).

WM

torchomatic

Well, not really if previous "actions" were of such magnitude that it affects what happens in the present day.

They are probably talking about the present not the past.

6 years is enough time to be held accountable for your own actions surely?

Sterling Archer

Did somebody really just say we were financially better off with Bryan Richardson?

Seriously?

Let me repeat that for those hard of reading. Seriously?

Consider me trolled.

torchomatic

I think he needs to read up on the Richardson era.

Did somebody really just say we were financially better off with Bryan Richardson?

Seriously?

Let me repeat that for those hard of reading. Seriously?

Consider me trolled.

dongonzalos

I personally think it stems back to Hill stepping down in the 1967-68 season.

Not sure why we are not looking back further?

shmmeee

Well we had more income by far when Richardson left, not to mention less debt and less of it carrying interest. Most of our debt was to CCFC supporting directors (Higgs & Robinson). We were about to move into a ground where we'd not only get all the football revenue but also half of the revenue from the rest of the complex.

Even if you include the debt from Robinson & Higgs, it was still smaller than the current debt to Sisu. That debt bought us "the Entertainers". Sisu's bought us Chris Coleman.

Have a look at these graphs: http://worksmart.org.uk/company/company.php?id=00094305#Historical_accounts

Turnover went down, profit dropped off a cliff, yet director renumeration spiked when McGinnity came in. Also note how the only people to increase the wage bill since relegation were Sisu in 2007.

I know the traditional story regarding Richardson. But yes, I maintain he left us in a better position than we are currently in. Not a good position, but a better one than we are in now. McGinnity also managed to control the entire story regarding the debt that doesn't match up with the figures, and seems to get let off and in some cases even praised!

rondog1973

What happened under Richardson lead to the club not owning its own ground. Surely even you can see that has lead to where we are now?
I'm sorry, but this reasoning appears to imply that it was an inevitability that we now find ourselves in Northampton once Highfield Road was sold, which is just plain wrong.

Moff

Well we had more income by far when Richardson left, not to mention less debt and less of it carrying interest. Most of our debt was to CCFC supporting directors (Higgs & Robinson). We were about to move into a ground where we'd not only get all the football revenue but also half of the revenue from the rest of the complex.

Even if you include the debt from Robinson & Higgs, it was still smaller than the current debt to Sisu. That debt bought us "the Entertainers". Sisu's bought us Chris Coleman.

Have a look at these graphs: http://worksmart.org.uk/company/company.php?id=00094305#Historical_accounts

Turnover went down, profit dropped off a cliff, yet director renumeration spiked when McGinnity came in. Also note how the only people to increase the wage bill since relegation were Sisu in 2007.

I know the traditional story regarding Richardson. But yes, I maintain he left us in a better position than we are currently in. Not a good position, but a better one than we are in now. McGinnity also managed to control the entire story regarding the debt that doesn't match up with the figures, and seems to get let off and in some cases even praised!

Sorry but your assertions about Richardson are totally wrong.

The man left us with debt levels at around what they are today, near to £60 million, with no ground, relegation from the Premier League and a huge wage bill.

If you think that we had more income, then it would have been with high interest from loans from the Co-Op bank as they propped us up from collapse,but who later pulled the plug on our lending.
If you check the history once Richardson had been ousted we went on a huge cost cutting exercise paying off people on high wages like Delorge, Norman, Martinez, Zuniga et al. I dont seem to remember we replaced them with high quality good earners, more low cost low wage youngsters like Lee Fowler, David Pipe, McSheffrey, Bothroyd, and free transfers like Dean Holdsworth.

Yes we owed a lot to directors, but how is that dissimilar to what we now owe to the arses that own us.

Sisu are the owners from hell but you seem to blinker the reason why we are there, and it all started with Richardson having a punt.

If Richardson had left us in such a great position, why did the man grant himself a bonus of nearly half a million pounds when closing the deal that sold the Arena land to Tesco, money which the club desperately needed, and on land which it later transpired the club didn't own.

YES he sold land that we didn't even own, and gave himself a huge bonus on it, land that we later had to go cap in hand to the council to buy for us and eventually led to spiraling debts as we lost out on major income from this very same land. The reason we couldn't afford to buy it was due to the huge debt that Richardson left us in, and the same land that if we had owned would have paid for the most of the stadium, leaving us as proud owners of the Ricoh and all its income streams, and not owned by some shitty Hedge Fund that has moved us away from our own City.

Yes what a swell guy and great owner Richardson was :pointlaugh:

Moff

I'm sorry, but this reasoning appears to imply that it was an inevitability that we now find ourselves in Northampton once Highfield Road was sold, which is just plain wrong.

FFS if Richardson hadn't sold Highfield Road we would still own a ground.

Or if he hadn't put us into such massive debt we would have been able to afford the land that the Ricoh was built on, and wouldn't have had to get the Council to buy it instead. Then we would have got all the profit from the land sale to Tesco and others which virtually paid for the Ricoh on its own. Thus we would own our own ground an wouldn't have been owned by some shitty hedge fund.

Does that make it more understandable!

fernandopartridge

Sorry but your assertions about Richardson are totally wrong.

The man left us with debt levels at around what they are today, near to £60 million, with no ground, relegation from the Premier League and a huge wage bill.

If you think that we had more income, then it would have been with high interest from loans from the Co-Op bank as they propped us up from collapse,but who later pulled the plug on our lending.
If you check the history once Richardson had been ousted we went on a huge cost cutting exercise paying off people on high wages like Delorge, Norman, Martinez, Zuniga et al. I dont seem to remember we replaced them with high quality good earners, more low cost low wage youngsters like Lee Fowler, David Pipe, McSheffrey, Bothroyd, and free transfers like Dean Holdsworth.

Yes we owed a lot to directors, but how is that dissimilar to what we now owe to the arses that own us.

Sisu are the owners from hell but you seem to blinker the reason why we are there, and it all started with Richardson having a punt.

If Richardson had left us in such a great position, why did the man grant himself a bonus of nearly half a million pounds when closing the deal that sold the Arena land to Tesco, money which the club desperately needed, and on land which it later transpired the club didn't own.

YES he sold land that we didn't even own, and gave himself a huge bonus on it, land that we later had to go cap in hand to the council to buy for us and eventually led to spiraling debts as we lost out on major income from this very same land. The reason we couldn't afford to buy it was due to the huge debt that Richardson left us in, and the same land that if we had owned would have paid for the most of the stadium, leaving us as proud owners of the Ricoh and all its income streams, and not owned by some shitty Hedge Fund that has moved us away from our own City.

Yes what a swell guy and great owner Richardson was :pointlaugh:

Spot on. The notion that the lending from Higgs and Robinson was any different from lending from ARVO is a funny one.

lewys33

They are all to blame. Yes I do feel SISU should have sorted things 6 years on, but realistically nobody can deny that the old regime was just as crooked as the new one?

lewys33

Or if he hadn't put us into such massive debt we would have been able to afford the land that the Ricoh was built on, and wouldn't have had to get the Council to buy it instead. Then we would have got all the profit from the land sale to Tesco and others which virtually paid for the Ricoh on its own. Thus we would own our own ground an wouldn't have been owned by some shitty hedge fund.

If he hadn't been such a bellend, JS would have never have had to show up with her entourage of further bellends.

RoboCCFC90

As I said recently on another thread, the starting point for why CCFC is playing in Northampton is because of Richardson, absolutely no doubt it, if the bloke had built a Stadium within the means and finance he had then great, but the Ricoh was something the Club could not afford even before it got to how it is now in design and architect.

Robinson and McGinnity are next selling off any revenues we had next, I simply do not know what they were possibly thinking.

Since then Sisu have come in and thought "How can we make things worse for this Football Club?" and here we are.

RoboCCFC90

They are all to blame. Yes I do feel SISU should have sorted things 6 years on, but realistically nobody can deny that the old regime was just as crooked as the new one?

Brilliant post.

rondog1973

No, read the post to which I was responding. It says the actions of pre-Sisu owners have lead us to where we are now.

Utter bullshit.

Are you suggesting that if someone with even a smidgeon of competence/good intent had of assumed the reigns instead of Sisu, we would still find ourselves at Sixfields?

....yeah, I remember at the time HR was sold, loads of us were saying "In 10 years time, we'll be in Northampton cos of this!".

Kingokings204

No, read the post to which I was responding. It says the actions of pre-Sisu owners have lead us to where we are now.

Utter bullshit.

Are you suggesting that if someone with even a smidgeon of competence/good intent had of assumed the reigns instead of Sisu, we would still find ourselves at Sixfields?

....yeah, I remember at the time HR was sold, loads of us were saying "In 10 years time, we'll be in Northampton cos of this!".

This is true, blame BR all you want and I don't like him either but he didn't take us to Northampton. Low/cheap rent to keep in cov is the answer.

RoboCCFC90

Utter bullshit.

I disagree, if McGinnity had not sold the revenue right's it may of helped, with respect to Richardson and the Ricoh you can say that the man should have either built a Stadium within the Clubs revenue and his own finances or just stayed at Highfield Road.

Sisu were the ones that took us to Northampton and the act of them taking us there is their fault 100%, however the issue of rent and ownership which has caused that bubbled at the surface before they arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread