Takeover ? This is for real this time (1 Viewer)

Otis

It is the Coventry Telegragh you're referring to isn't it Otis?

If it's the Croydon Telegraph then you might have a case.

Yep, know that, but in view of how low we are now and the circumstance of how desperate we have become as a club, it would be extra specially cruel and also very, very stupid of the paper to publish such a story if it holds no credibility at all.

I expect half-baked stories from the CT, but the goalposts have now mover somewhat and our very future is in doubt.

Nonleagueherewecome

turning japaneese I think I'm turning japanesse i really think so

I know they were a crap band, but I do love that song! Guilty pleasures and all that.

ashbyjan

SISU would sell in a heartbeat if there was anyone willing to buy it at a price acceptable to them - as each day goes by that price must be coming down but as yet there is no one out there making them an offer. I am convinced that Hoff is genuine and is working hard - along with JE - to put together a deal, however the deal is very complex involving SISU, the council, Higgs Trust, ACL etc and revolves around not the football club but the stadium and surrounding land. Don't be under any illusion that Hoff's backers are here because they love the football club and have supported the Sky Brues from Ganchong Province for millenia - they are money men in it for the money, just like SISU - hopefully Hoff may have more control of them than he had over SISU and they appoint a good football man to run the club - Ranson?

However there is no deal on the table nor, as of last week anyway, had the Chinese actually agreed to even back a bid - so there are several major hurdles to overcome before we can start moaning about the Chinese wanting us to change our kit to Sky Red. 1. Chinese have to agree to back deal 2. Council have to accept bid for land around stadium 3. Higgs Trust have to agree to sell there 50% and 4. SISU have to agree to sell club. All these will have to be negotiated, due diligence done, etc etc.......long way off as yet.

Whilst I pray to every god possible that we can get SISU out asap as I can never envisage a situation where they do any more than keep us on life support I am not getting my hopes up until the ink is dry on the myriad of contracts that need to be signed. I know Hoff's aims are true and his heart lies with the club and, assuming these guys are genuine and not another Venkys or god forbid SISU, if he pulls this off he would deserve our eternal gratitude.

W

wey sky blue

ashbyjan you say that Hohhmans men are not in it for the football but the money so what are sisu in it for then, You left soc because you did not like the way people wanted to go about protesting but at that meeting you did agree to it and after sisu had gone it would leave a group of surpporters that then could become a voice for the fans if thats what people wanted. You never had much faith in Hoffman then but you are talking with fisher now so did you use soc to get contacts into the club as it is starting to look like it and also talking to fisher you are making it look like the fans want sisu the best way to get sisu the message is no contact and protests.

mark82

ashbyjan you say that Hohhmans men are not in it for the football but the money so what are sisu in it for then, You left soc because you did not like the way people wanted to go about protesting but at that meeting you did agree to it and after sisu had gone it would leave a group of surpporters that then could become a voice for the fans if thats what people wanted. You never had much faith in Hoffman then but you are talking with fisher now so did you use soc to get contacts into the club as it is starting to look like it and also talking to fisher you are making it look like the fans want sisu the best way to get sisu the message is no contact and protests.

I couldn't disagree more. Ignoring SISU, and letting them just get on with whatever they want to do is not the way to get them out. Talking to them can mean putting pressure on them. We need a voice within the club putting the fans view across, whatever that view is. This is a far better approach in my eyes than protesting. So long as it is the genuine view of the fans and not one mans view (not saying this is your intention Jan).

If the supporters trust is to work it needs to be open to anyone who wants to be part of it and needs to be democratic.

Diehard Si

I'll believe it when I see it actually happen.

and if its going to actually happen, make it quick. This club loves nothing more than a long drawn out saga. I can't be bothered to get excited about it until something more substantial is reported/happens

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If the parties involved in the latest meeting manage to thrash a deal out in the next couple of weeks then that could well put Hoffman's potential for a deal in doubt, certainly in the short term. At the very least put the price of settlement up.

theprince

Be patient. All will go a bit quiet now and doubts will creep in, but as yet have our owners commented on or denied yesterdays story...NO. A pre-arranged meeting happened between Fisher, Mutton and the ACL bloke with the strange name. No comment is being made other than talks were positive about the future, but no detail.

In Hoffman I trust

Wrenstreetcarpark

Be patient. All will go a bit quiet now and doubts will creep in, but as yet have our owners commented on or denied yesterdays story...NO. A pre-arranged meeting happened between Fisher, Mutton and the ACL bloke with the strange name. No comment is being made other than talks were positive about the future, but no detail.

In order for your "story" to work you have to say that a meeting that was reported in a press release agreed by all parties must be ignored because other meetings with Hoffman are going on and that the takeover is still happening even though the Council/Sisu/CCFC/ACL/HiggsTrust are not part of those discussions...

waste of space

skyblue dan

I really hope its ture.. but if it is, it will still be months off. and may well be to late for the team to get good enough players in for a promotion push..
pusb

torchomatic

Actually, I really liked them when I was at school. They had some greats singles, see if you can download ''Prisoners'', but their big hit ruined them really. ''New Clear Days'' is a great LP. Bruce Fox ton was their manager, I think.

I know they were a crap band, but I do love that song! Guilty pleasures and all that.

skybluesam66

Oh and by the way SISU won't sell, Tim Fisher has a plan !

who said this - none other than Mr Prince - hes full of it . he knows as much as ther rest of us

Sky Blue Kid

Surely, despite the embargo, we can still sign players to cover those. Portsmouth did.

To be truthful, I think Pompey "Kissed a few backsides" to get special dispensation, but don't know for sure! Alot had to do with their "Parachute payment";)

Brighton Sky Blue

Pompey were given special permission by having fewer than 14 players who had played for the first team on their books-had we not fielded youngsters all season long then we would've been granted the same dispensation. As the players in question haven't technically been released yet (that right?), then under embargo we shall remain.

Otis

Who wouldn't be surprised if we went into the new season with only what we've got left now? :facepalm:

Sky Blue Kid

Pompey were given special permission by having fewer than 14 players who had played for the first team on their books-had we not fielded youngsters all season long then we would've been granted the same dispensation. As the players in question haven't technically been released yet (that right?), then under embargo we shall remain.

There you go, there's your answer. :claping hands::claping hands::claping hands:

mark82

Once the out of contract are released, assuming we are still under embargo, would that put us under 14? I assume not bearing in mind people like Jeffers have probably played enough to qualify.

Nonleagueherewecome

Exactly yet Hoffman has been saying for the last 9 months he has investors ready to take over and SISU were the hold up?

Don't get me wrong I want the deal done but both sides have spouted equal amounts of shit in this whole saga.

Really? I think you will find that was the £1 bid. Hoffman has barely uttered a word since. How on earth has he "spouted shit" since? Do you mean he should stop going to games? As that has sod all to do with the bid-it's simply him supporting his club: although it would be nice to see SISU turn up now and again! Or do you actually mean "Richard Keys and lots of people on Sky Blues Talk have spouted shit for the past 9 months"? As that is true. You can't blame Hoffman for failing to do what anonymous internet posters and a self-publicist radio DJ have said he's doing!

Brighton Sky Blue

Once the out of contract are released, assuming we are still under embargo, would that put us under 14? I assume not bearing in mind people like Jeffers have probably played enough to qualify.

All you have to do to qualify is make an appearance-where my understanding falls short is how that is applied at the start of a new season. I would think it's based on those on senior contracts, though I'm not 100% certain. Either way, I think our squad is still not small enough to qualify for embargo exemption :(

Nonleagueherewecome

I couldn't disagree more. Ignoring SISU, and letting them just get on with whatever they want to do is not the way to get them out. Talking to them can mean putting pressure on them. We need a voice within the club putting the fans view across, whatever that view is. This is a far better approach in my eyes than protesting. So long as it is the genuine view of the fans and not one mans view (not saying this is your intention Jan).

If the supporters trust is to work it needs to be open to anyone who wants to be part of it and needs to be democratic.

Hell, I'd advocate kidnapping their children and returning fingers in the post one by one until they sell, but YOU try finding out who SISU are-let alone who their kids are! It's probably just result in some messy Big Lebowski-esque caper anyhoo..

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

As it stands we're four DOWN on last year:eek::eek::eek:;)

Crazy times call for a crazy plan: SISU have concluded that last seasons side was actually too experienced, and too big: this is illustrated by the relative success of the youth team, who finished much higher in their table than the first team-it must be because they are younger! So henceforth, no new contracts for anyone over 18. Oh, apart from David Bell, the other reason for our poor season: if Belly had been fit more, we'd have made the playoffs!

Nonleagueherewecome

By devouring the opposition?

No, you're thinking of Freddy, not Belly ;)

Belly were also an ace band. Their singer was prettier than the singer of The Vapors, too..

Hmmm, so we have Dark Knight and The Prince.

Anyone sense a theme going on here?

I'm not going to believe anything until I hear from the King!!

The Prince also being the seminal work of Niccolo Machiavelli might have been an unwise (or, perhaps, deliberate?) choice of name. It's where we derive the term Machiavellian from and advocates the use of immoral and tyrannical behaviour to justify holding on to power... :thinking about:

Users who are viewing this thread