Take the knee (1 Viewer)

robbiekeane

Why are they a big fucking deal over the teams today not taking a knee?! QPR didn’t do it last week either but where was the uproar then?

It’s a load of bollocks, I understand doing it once as a show of solidarity but these things get ridiculous when it becomes something you’re shamed into by a load of virtual signalling pricks. It’s like poppy shaming isn’t it? Wear one to show respect but don’t shame and persecute people who don’t, otherwise it defeats the object of it doesnt it?

If it’s not longer a choice and it’s compulsory then it completely loses its significance. So those twats

It’s like the clap for carers thing - nice idea! Took part it it the first time. And the second time. But then it became a daily requirement over here and I’d walk the streets of New York City and when all the lunatics are banging pots out of the windows and blowing whistles they’d then start hurling abuse at me.

“What’s wrong, don’t you want to support our careers or something?”

“No not right now. Right now I want to go to the fucking shop so fuck off. You prick”

You see it with Poppy shaming too where TV presenters are turned into Pariahs for not wearing one

QPR do a lot for the community and for these causes as I’m sure do a lot of clubs, I’d prefer them to focus on that than conforming to rituals just to appease these self righteous dickheads

Rant over

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I can imagine that there will lots of people sharpening their pitch forks right now having had their right- to- be -offended glands massaged.

Are they known as "woke" ? I'm never sure what that means but I think these circumstances might be just right.
Shame.

bawtryneal

Taking the knee may have ‘run its course’ but the message it promotes hasn’t ...and especially because fucking poor over sensitive white people are ‘tired’ of it..

I use ‘over sensitive’ and ‘tired’ in the polite sense

So if your theory is correct why didn't the black players take the knee last night.

robbiekeane

It’s BLM ..embrace it or get offended (for whatever reason). Just stop fucking whining like a bitch about it ffs
Im sorry - you’re having a go at me “whining like a bitch” about people whining that two teams in a football match didn’t get down on one knee for an indefinite number of football games? 😂

Doesn’t even make sense get a grip man for goodness sake. You couldn’t have missed the point more if you tried - the point is it’s nothing to do with the cause but doesn’t surprise me at all that you’ve got butt hurt and gone for a straw man argument and implied I’m somehow offended by the cause.

I can only assume you’ve had a few too many beers

higgs

Every life matters regardless of colour or race or religion I think most people would agree with that. I don't see why there should be an uproar over the players last night not taking to the knee it doesn't mean that they don't think that lives matter

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Flying Fokker

I’m all for equality. I am concerned that this is going to end in tears. The stuff coming out of America is developing towards paramilitary hatred on both sides. It calls for restraint. Taking the knee does not offer anything other than the opportunity to tie laces.

well done QPR and City for taking a stand for equal rights!

D

Deleted member 2477

Taking the knee may have ‘run its course’ but the message it promotes hasn’t ...and especially because fucking poor over sensitive white people are ‘tired’ of it..

I use ‘over sensitive’ and ‘tired’ in the polite sense
Its no longer a show of respect but a symbol of a marxist political movement BLM wh if you did a little research Into them believe in anarchy, devolving law and order and promoting hate rowards white people. Taking the knee is a show of black power just like the KKK raising their fist and shouting white power.
if this is what you want to show soladarity towards then You are in the minority.
the point has been made now move on as it has no place in a civalised society.

there is all ready a anti race campaign in football so why are we being bullied into taking the knee by the media who are just virtual signalling for a person who was a violent criminal and the two autopsy's show died of a massive drug overdose not because a police officer put a knee on him.

shmmeee

I can imagine that there will lots of people sharpening their pitch forks right now having had their right- to- be -offended glands massaged.

Are they known as "woke" ? I'm never sure what that means but I think these circumstances might be just right.
Shame.

Oh fucking hell you do know where the football side of the forum is!

Literally the only people offended in this thread are you and the first few posters. Ya bunch of virtue signalling snowflakes.

Terry_dactyl

Its no longer a show of respect but a symbol of a marxist political movement BLM wh if you did a little research Into them believe in anarchy, devolving law and order and promoting hate rowards white people. Taking the knee is a show of black power just like the KKK raising their fist and shouting white power.
if this is what you want to show soladarity towards then You are in the minority.

there is all ready a anti race campaign in football so why are we being bullied into taking the knee by the media who are just virtual signalling for a person who was a violent criminal and the two autopsy's show died of a massive drug overdose not because a police officer put a knee on him.
Did you just compare BLM to the KKK?

Yorkshire SB

This is bullshit, you’ve read and listened to too much right wing crack-pot rhetoric.

To compare taking the knee to the KKK raising their fist for white power is offensive and ignorant.

D

Deleted member 2477

Did you just compare BLM to the KKK?
Yes look them up. The march that some of the organisation did in London dressed in paramiliitary uniforms shouting black power and raising a fist. Try doing some research instead of believing the media. They don't stand against racism they promote hate, anarchy and anti establishment.

D

Deleted member 2477

This is bullshit, you’ve read and listened to too much right wing crack-pot rhetoric.

To compare taking the knee to the KKK raising their fist for white power is offensive and ignorant.
you have listened to to much left wing propagander pal. have a read of the BLM website and look what they are doing in America. Typical lefty call everyone racist or be offensive because they dare go against your own views

PVA

Whenever someone says 'do some research and don't believe the media' you just know they've formed their opinions from Facebook posts from people of similar views and conspiracy theory YouTube videos. Embarrassing.

Translated it means 'read all the stuff from people with the same backwards viewpoints as me and ignore any reported facts'

Yorkshire SB

Yes look them up. The march that some of the organisation did in London dressed in paramiliitary uniforms shouting black power and raising a fist. Try doing some research instead of believing the media. They don't stand against racism they promote hate, anarchy and anti establishment.

The media blah blah blah.

I bet you think Covid is a hoax as well.

D

Deleted member 2477

The media blah blah blah.

I bet you think Covid is a hoax as well.
No not at all i work in a hospital.have I upset you showing you that your little marxist world isnt what you thought. We are all entitled to the truth and our own views mate unless you want to live in a communist state where you dont allow others to disagree with you

Terry_dactyl

How dyou know I haven’t ‘looked them up’?
I’ve also ‘looked up‘ the KKK and can spot some very distinct differences. See if you can.

Yorkshire SB

you have listened to to much left wing propagander pal. have a read of the BLM website and look what they are doing in America. Typical lefty call everyone racist or be offensive because they dare go against your own views
Don’t worry about me, I’m not the person comparing BLM, specifically taking the knee, to the KKK.

I called you ignorant as well you thick chimp.

shmmeee

No not at all i work in a hospital.have I upset you showing you that your little marxist world isnt what you thought. We are all entitled to the truth and our own views mate unless you want to live in a communist state where you dont allow others to disagree with you

YouTube is a hell of a drug.

Covstar

It can be misunderstood so easily. This doesn't mean they think black people are the dominant race. All they are trying to do is raise awareness that black people deserve to be treated as equally as white people. At the end of the day all lives matter and whether you like it or not, agree or not, there is discrimination in this world against other races.

Yorkshire SB

Hope they’ve not got you doing anything too complex at the hospital?

I’m not the guy you think I am, I’m just normal. You’re the person on the fringe with these views.

fatso

This wouldn’t of been an issue last night, but Sky were determined to make it one.
Once again it’s the media who are responsible for the furore. Why didn’t they choose to mention the countless community projects that most if not all the football league clubs get involved with EVERY year.

Racism in football grounds has been under the spotlight for years, and the improvements made have been massive, there is still work to be done, but the fact that crowds will no longer accept the odd individual hurling racist abuse speaks volumes, but for the press, that isn’t a story, they would rather concentrate on turning something innocuous into a major issue to cause division.
And as this thread is proving, division is easy to whip up.
Maybe the press themselves should be under the spotlight.

D

Deleted member 2477

Hope they’ve not got you doing anything too complex at the hospital?

I’m not the guy you think I am, I’m just normal. You’re the person on the fringe with these views.
What views are they then mate. Im totally sgainst racism but dont support a far left anarchist group which now makes me a racist in your view. Lol

Terry_dactyl

This hospital you ‘work’ at. Do they ever let you out?

covcity4life

I don't mind it but at some point you need to cut it off or are we going to do it forever? As Warburton mentioned its like clap for carers

Thats the only question to be had. Stuff like fuck the knee is just said by chav white supremacists

Also if football is going to championing specific causes they need to do them all. Give ozil some help eith the uigher muslims ffs!

If not get back to tackling racism as a whole with your new slogan and drop the BLM specifics

clint van damme

it does have its downside as well.

In all seriousness, I think to keep repeating the gesture, any gesture, loses it's effectiveness and secondly the way the managers and players were put on the spot last night was bang out of order. The EFL needs to take the lead on this one way or another.

Abdication of responsibility is the new default position of the authorities in this country then they can try and absolve themselves of blame when things go wrong. It's fucking shameful.

On the plus side, anything that triggers gammon is good for the craic!

Yorkshire SB

What views are they then mate. Im totally sgainst racism but dont support a far left anarchist group which now makes me a racist in your view. Lol

Everything you’ve written down in this thread. Are you surprised that people are challenging you drawing comparisons with BLM and the KKK
I’ve not once called you a racist either, but you’ve accused me of it twice. Weird.

Users who are viewing this thread