Swindon vs Coventry Matchday Thread (1 Viewer)

Skybluestu82

Swindon much the better team according to sky! Winnings winning tho!! PUSB!!!!

Paxman II

This is what happens when you steady the ship, win ugly in any way, raise confidence and belief then suddenly you start playing to your potential.

This is exactly what I thought would happen.

Everyone in this league is now saying "blimey Coventry are winning again, two up at Swindon too. The've got their shit together now, expect they will be up there at the end"

...and that's football. ....and that's having a competant manager.

Paxman II

Interesting to see how we set out the stall in the second half having gone in 2 up.

Personally Swindon will be on edge early and if we go straight for the jugular and get an early 3rd then it's game over...but will we?

Grendel

This is what happens when you steady the ship, win ugly in any way, raise confidence and belief then suddenly you start playing to your potential.

This is exactly what I thought would happen.

Everyone in this league is now saying "blimey Coventry are winning again, two up at Swindon too. The've got their shit together now, expect they will be up there at the end"

...and that's football. ....and that's having a competant manager.

Totally agree but let's hope we don't regret the dithering that effectively gave every other team an 8 game head start. That's a massive hurdle to overcome.

LJC_CCFC

I said from day 1 that this is a very average league and that this squad of players should be able to put together a promotion push, now that we have a competent manager anything is possible

Grendel

sisu need to put there hands in there pocket and sign mcgoldrick now.

We can't afford him. He's on big wages. To have abu chance we would need to sell at least 2 players who command a fee or are significant wage earners.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
McG looks knackered at half time. Have a few energy drinks and same again second half please Dave :)

Makes a nice change to be so comfortable at half time (score wise, nothing to do with the seat's we've got; they're shite!).

Overall we look alright. Clarke and Baker playing poorly mind. Camerons a rock at the back, and Murphy seems alot more commanding, coming out for balls at the right times!

Sick Boy

I wouldn't mind an 89th minute Swindon goal so I win £105 :p

PUSB

It would be a disaster going into injury time.

I still have nightmares about when we went 2-0 up at Derby with 8 minutes to go and ended up drawing 2-2....and very nearly losing 3-2.

Brighton Sky Blue

Totally agree but let's hope we don't regret the dithering that effectively gave every other team an 8 game head start. That's a massive hurdle to overcome.

It's a handicap for sure-but keep up this kind of form and we should soon catch up.

RichieGunns

I really hope Robin's goes to SISU and makes the demand that they buy Goldie in January.

They need to get him on a perminant!

RichieGunns

So you want us to start copying Portsmouth, I thought our support was too moral for that sort of thing?

Not at all!

Who else in our side has scored as regularly as Goldie has in past few years?

Not many i worrent you!

We need to keep him in January or it could be another repeat of last season where we sold our leading goal scorer and our season went down from there!

Paxman II

We won't get McGoldrick period.

7 goals now and Forest will be watching and considering how well it has been for them to regain his form in time for a January recall.

Sick Boy

Not at all!

Not many i worrent you!

We need to keep him in January or it could be another repeat of last season where we sold our leading goal scorer and our season went down from there!

I thought our results actually improved once he left last season?

How can we sign someone with money we don't have?

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Hey folks i was out just on now great to see the score i saw it on my iphone and was in the pub watching the munster rugby match with my friends i let big yesss out me when i saw the score, the whle pub looking at me as if i went mad i turned around and goes coventry are winning lets say peoples faces were shocked and laughing haha well worth it tho!

wingy

Not at all!

Not many i worrent you!

It should be achievable by shuffling our pack ,one or two high earners out ,we're probably 4-5 players heavy at the moment.

RichieGunns

Would be interesting to see.

I agree!

I think Robin's is seeing him more in this position than in LB.

I do see a lot of players in our side now who can play in several different positions and Hussey is no exception.

He may not be great defensively but he can do a job if the situation arose in a match and he had to switch to LB from LWM

Users who are viewing this thread