Swindon vs Coventry Matchday Thread (4 Viewers)

LJC_CCFC

Winning games when you are winning 2-0 with 13 minutes to go - THATS the blueprint to promotion/playoffs

I dont wanna hear any fans who say they are happy with what happened today talk about play offs. cos you are basically saying you are happy with mediocrity....teams that lose a 2 goal lead that easily this often, do not make the play offs

I'm not happy with the result, but we are making steady progress and have taken points off three of the 'big teams' in this division in Bournemouth, MK Dons and Swindon. We would not have done that under the previous regime and it shows that we can beat any team in this league with Robins at the helm, but as we know all to well changing the fortunes of this football club is not easy and will take time. With 17 home games and 17 away games to play, on this form promotion is still possible

Otis

Winning games when you are winning 2-0 with 13 minutes to go - THATS the blueprint to promotion/playoffs

I dont wanna hear any fans who say they are happy with what happened today talk about play offs. cos you are basically saying you are happy with mediocrity....teams that lose a 2 goal lead that easily this often, do not make the play offs

:facepalm: The manager has only been here 5 minutes. 5 minutes for God's sake. He said there were lots of things wrong at the club when he came and it was going to take time to turn things round and change the losing mentality etc.

Give Robins a chance to build the style and implement tactics he wants.

We would have lost this game before he came for sure. That gives us every reason to be positive.

Being happy with a draw today has nothing to do whatsoever with anyone settling for mediocrity and has everything to do with people not expecting miracles after the manager being in charge for not even 4 full weeks.

No-one is saying they are happy with mediocrity

Grendel

There is some very worry talk on here. Disappointment at not between 4th place Swindon. Need to show play off form? We are not in any way play off material.

Mid table stability will be an achievement after what has gone on here.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
My post from another thread:

Im happy with a point.

Compare that game to the Bury one. Two games where we went 2-0 up and ended up drawing 2-2.

Today the players looked up for it; looked happy as a unit. We attacked well, and there were clear signs of improvement. Left hand side looked solid, although the right not so.

Playing two up top (although McG still dropped back into Midfield at times) is working with a good relationship between the two.

Bailey and Moussa link up well. Moussa was outstadning today imo.

Robins was always in his technical area giving out instructions (probably also wanted to see the play and couldnt do sat down cus of Di Canio ).

Overall, ill take throwing away a lead in that style than i would the way we did it V Bury.

Realistically we could have gone 3-0 up had it not been for Ball missing a sitter (or atleast what id consider a sitter). If that had gone in, then who knows what conversation we would be having now

jon_stfc

Good effort from your lot in the 1st half today, good effort from your fans too. From an outsiders point of view it seemed like once we changed our formation when Navarro came on Coventry just say back and invited us to have a go, shame the game didn't have another 10 mins in it. We played fairly poorly today, we missed Williams up front and McCormack's leadership at the back, but at half time you looked like the best team we have played this season by some distance. Once we got a head of steam up the 2 goals we scored were pretty inevitable.

Collins was on local radio after the match, it seemed the over exhuberent celebration was based on the abuse he was getting before he came on. The guy that got stretchered off for you looked a decent player, hope he makes a quick recovery. Di Canio gave a fair bit of praise to some of your players after the game, and abuse to your fans, which is pretty much the norm.

I would be surprised if Coventry aint there or thereabouts come the end of the season, best of luck for the rest of your games, apart from Swindon at The Ricoh

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Thanks Jon! Im not surprised Di Canio didnt rate us supporters. That said im glad he got the abuse he did with his antics after the full time whistle.

Flecks injury sounds a nasty one. Hopefully he'll recover ASAP as we too are seeing that hes by far one of our better players within our squad.

Good luck for the rest of the season. Heres hoping we meet again (other than this years return fixture) competing in the Championship :)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
If this is Di Canio giving praise, I'd hate/love to see him when he's damning...

Swindon boss Paolo Di Canio told BBC Wiltshire:
"I'm very happy with the reaction but we dominated the game.
"They (Coventry) arrived in the first half three times in our box, (and scored) two goals.
"(We were in their box) 32 times and we didn't score. We need a top striker.
"We have to do more."

jon_stfc

If this is Di Canio giving praise, I'd hate/love to see him when he's damning...

Swindon boss Paolo Di Canio told BBC Wiltshire:
"I'm very happy with the reaction but we dominated the game.
"They (Coventry) arrived in the first half three times in our box, (and scored) two goals.
"(We were in their box) 32 times and we didn't score. We need a top striker.
"We have to do more."

He referred to the quality you have on a couple of occasions, he also said he wished he had a striker with the experience and the desire of McGoldrick, aside from that he was to busy ranting about wanting another striker

sw88

Chief Commentator!
He referred to the quality you have on a couple of occasions, he also said he wished he had a striker with the experience and the desire of McGoldrick, aside from that he was to busy ranting about wanting another striker

Gotta admit, right now we are spoilt having a striker of McGoldricks quality! Makes a nice chance for us to have a player everyone else wants. Just a shame he isnt actually ours :(

Users who are viewing this thread