Swindon Town Match Thread (2 Viewers)

skybluesam66

5 games gone -all against top half sides - one defeat - now need to push on

chiefdave

Happy with a point, would definitely have taken that before the game. Need to learn to hold onto a lead though. If we can stop dropping points after going ahead and the late goals we might be able to push towards the play offs.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Football doesn't work like that. Sorry

Lose both and it looks very bleak
No football does work like, 3 points for a win so 2 wins give us 6 points.

It's about picking our battles, I'm not saying we will win both but it is definitely the target. Gillingham and Yeovil games are both at the Ricoh, we need to chuck the kitchen sink at them for 90 minutes and go full pelt for the win in both games.

LJC_CCFC

Take the point, if we fail to win next two it starts to look a bit grim. Two big games for the club, Elvis and the City

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingokings204

No football does work like, 3 points for a win so 2 wins give us 6 points.

It's about picking our battles, I'm not saying we will win both but it is definitely the target. Gillingham and Yeovil games are both at the Ricoh, we need to chuck the kitchen sink at them for 90 minutes and go full pelt for the win in both games.

Oh yes I'm not disagreeing I would love to win both and yes it would probably see us top 8 maybe top 6. We are between a rock and a hard place. Lose next two and we are relegation fodder and win next 2 and we are serious play off contenders. That's football.

A win in the JPT midweek would help and get the ball rolling. I feel 2 points dropped today.

On a positive note only 2 wins off top of the league lol

P.S for anyone thinking gillingham is a given they are above us in the league.

LJC_CCFC

I don't think so. If we won well today we would have been top 6.

But we didn't, it's fine to say that MK and Swindon are good away points as long as we beat bottom half sides like Gillingham and Yeovil. If we don't Elvis might have to change his tactics (best not harp on about formations as they don't affect the game whatsoever do they)

Kingokings204

But we didn't, it's fine to say that MK and Swindon are good away points as long as we beat bottom half sides like Gillingham and Yeovil. If we don't Elvis might have to change his tactics (best not harp on about formations as they don't affect the game whatsoever do they)

Yes I couldn't agree more. The points against mk and Barnsley and today will only look good if we win the next games.

Take one game at a time and I see it from both sides. I've just looked and all 5 games so far, all them 5 teams are in the top half of the table. That's a tough start.

Gillingham and yeovil are bottom half.

SkyBlue_Bear83

But we didn't, it's fine to say that MK and Swindon are good away points as long as we beat bottom half sides like Gillingham and Yeovil. If we don't Elvis might have to change his tactics (best not harp on about formations as they don't affect the game whatsoever do they) 

Say hypothetically we lose the next two games and were in the bottom 4.

We aren't in a bad position because we failed to beat MK and Swindon, it's failure to beat bottom half sides at the Ricoh i.e Gilligham and Yeovil.

I can't see how this is anything other than a good point.

Go hell for leather against Gillingham and Yeovil at the Ricoh and theres no reason why we can't get 6 points.

skybluedan

My mate text me who was there and says we are desperate for someone to finish, what's happening with tudgay? He says he's been wank

aloisiwouldhavescored

Should be happy with an away point against a higher positioned team but still feel deflated.
Wasn't there but sounds as if we need a clinical finisher.
Absolutely right, we do need a clinical finisher. Someone like Callum Wilson, oh sorry, he doesn't play for us any more. Seriously though, Simeon Jackson had a great chance to tie it up for us but put it wide, when he is fully match fit he hopefully will put it away.
Roll on Friday, can't wait PUSB.

CCFC_Charlie

My mate text me who was there and says we are desperate for someone to finish, what's happening with tudgay? He says he's been wank

Tudgay been good, he's just not a goalscorer. Shouldn't have expected that from him. Play Jackson upfront with him and we'll look decent.

kg82

Thought we played really well today. First half was completely even, cancelled each other out. 2nd half we looked really good, pressing high up the pitch and hassling each of their players when they had the ball. We couldn't get that 2nd goal (although Webster's effort from the corner looked very close to me) and a lapse in concentration (again) let them in. They'd been on top for a couple minutes at that point and we seemed to panic after the goal and they were on top for about 10-15 mins in all. We reorganised and got back into it and finished the stronger team. Happy with a point though.

skybluedan

Thought we played really well today. First half was completely even, cancelled each other out. 2nd half we looked really good, pressing high up the pitch and hassling each of their players when they had the ball. We couldn't get that 2nd goal (although Webster's effort from the corner looked very close to me) and a lapse in concentration (again) let them in. They'd been on top for a couple minutes at that point and we seemed to panic after the goal and they were on top for about 10-15 mins in all. We reorganised and got back into it and finished the stronger team. Happy with a point though.
Was it a good game kg?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Pressley taking responsibility for the equaliser saying he got his sub wrong as Tudgay is a marker, Jackson isn't. Tried to change it again but only after it was too late. Still think any footballer should know how to mark a man. Not just stand there. Pressley can't be bleamt for that

CCFC_Charlie

But is he not a forward? Should we not expect goals from him?

Not all forwards score goals, he'll score a few but that's not his main role in the team. His job in the side is to link the play between the rest of the team and the other forward, which when we get Jackson firing should look decent. His overall game has been very good since he's come in.

mds

Nice to hear Pressley admitting he got it wrong in the second half, sounded a fair honest interview!

skybluedan

Not all forwards score goals, he'll score a few but that's not his main role in the team. His job in the side is to link the play between the rest of the team and the other forward, which when we get Jackson firing should look decent. His overall game has been very good since he's come in.
Let's hope there are a lot of others in the team to chip in then,Does it look like we need another forward?

kg82

Was it a good game kg?

1st half wasn't great. Teams cancelled each other out. They had a chance that allsop saved and we had the one chance that we scored. 2nd half was good. We looked strong all over the pitch, very organised and pressing high. It's these lapses in concentration we have to cut out. Also, the ref was awful. Absolutely dire.

By the way, about Tudgay (saw what your mate put), him and McQuoid absolutely ran their socks off. Notable mention to Connor Thomas too who, after a couple dodgy slide tackles in the first half, was the catalyst to us breaking up their play a lot.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Good to hear Thomas did well, has come in for a lot of criticism on here (most of it warranted) but good to see him bounce back.

CCFC_Charlie

Let's hope there are a lot of others in the team to chip in then,Does it look like we need another forward?

Yeah probably but not the target man Pressley wants. We need a goal scorer, Jackson might be that but McQuoid isn't and Miller is a bit of an unknown quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread