Match Thread Swindon Town Friendly (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Dabo is a huge miss at right back we forget just How much He adds to our attack,saying that I still feel we are in a position where we haven’t addressed the issues we had last year in attack we desperately need a striker of quality agreed easier said than done.We will bring in another holding midfielder I’m certain my worry is the issues upfront.

Im hoping we will see a couple of new faces this week

clint van damme

Dabo is a huge miss at right back we forget just How much He adds to our attack,saying that I still feel we are in a position where we haven’t addressed the issues we had last year in attack we desperately need a striker of quality agreed easier said than done.We will bring in another holding midfielder I’m certain my worry is the issues upfront.

although not in Dabos league I though both Pask and Borroughs did OK, (particularly Burroughs).
Agree about the striker.
Robins has pulled a couple of Rabbits out of the hat in the last few years with McNulty and Godden. Hopefully he can do the same again but the higher the league the more difficult a goal scorer is to come by.

Sick Boy

Thought we dominated the ball first half but looked rusty at the back and lacked any impact in the final third.
Second half we just huffed and puffed a bit tbh.
Hamer looks very good. Hilsner much improvement is needed. Missing Rose and Dabo.
Giles looks like he will come good. Allen looks like he did when he first started games last year, off the pace but will come good.
Jones can only get better. Kelly is Kelly, and Shippers looks to make runs and is a danger from midfield. Faz not match fit. O'Hare not on his game yet, in and out in flashes.
Others disappointing, though Mason did his job.
Good test and tbh probably the best result to have which emphasises the need for improvement. That's what friendlies are for.
We dominated the ball first half? Really??

NorthernWisdom

BTW I agree this is no Indictation of how our season will go per say.. . I just don't want us to be at a point where we are not ready and come out the blocks like a 3 legged horse... In this league we need to be ready as many expect us to struggle outside of our own circle... It's a relentless division and we have to be sharp and ready to go
In each of Robins' full seasons, it seems we've had our training set up to finish the season more strongly than other teams, and this does mean we look a bit slower at the start, before we get into gear.

As long as we're patient (and Robins has earned that) that can work quite well. It's echoes of Ferguson's Man Utd.

(Does depend on us being able to finish a season, of course!)

stupot07

People bang on about fitness levels but as stated I bet Swindon came back the same time as we did or very close too,they had games last we had a weeks holiday
I checked, they came back the week after us, however we have had a week off, so we have both done the same amount of training.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

cc84cov

I checked, they came back the week after us, however we have had a week off, so we have both done the same amount of training.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
Thank you mate

I rest my case,we should be further along than where we seen to be they were far far fitter than us come back a week later than us and we had a week off we should of been fresh today

fernandopartridge

Thank you mate

I rest my case,we should be further along than where we seen to be they were far far fitter than us come back a week later than us and we had a week off we should of been fresh today
It isn't freshness it is sharpness and you only get it through playing. Breen explained it well in the commentary. They've played twice already this week which makes a lot of difference. I think we should have had another friendly after that Rangers game tbh.

Sky Blue Pete

Just an observation about our fitness in previous seasons under Robins we seem to start the season slowly , start to gain momentum and confidence and finish the season strongly

Gone are the days of flying starts and on our arses by mid January

Think certain posters need to calm down a tad
Unbeaten first 10 games weren’t we?

usskyblue

Its ott now and a joke showing allegience to a far left anarchist group especially on the aniversary of VJ day. A minutes silence for the ww2 heroes would have been more appropriate

tumblr_p3g9pljFPY1rlnd5zo1_1280.gif

tenor.gif

Frostie

City squad lowest valued in the division 😬

It's Transfermarkt i.e. total made up nonsense.
They have Ivan Toney as worth £360k for example.

Marosi £45k
Hyam £45k
Godden £45k
Dabo £270k etc.

clint van damme

You need to get with it mate the term gammon is old hat.
Be careful bending that knee mate someone might get the wrong idea

While angry, red faced weirdos like you are posting gammon will never be old hat.
And the second line doesn't make sense, but well done for using the space bar. An improvement on your previous post.

clint van damme

Oh boy, can we not do the BLM argument over again on a match thread.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

personally, like the drinks break, I think it's ran its course. But some of these gammon can't help but let it get to them. They should just let it go the snowflakes!

One post on the game and 2 on BLM - fucking waster!

TomRad85

personally, like the drinks break, I think it's ran its course. But some of these gammon can't help but let it get to them. They should just let it go the snowflakes!

One post on the game and 2 on BLM - fucking waster!
I'm sure it'll be gone come the start of the season.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

It was nice to see JJ looked as if he was working his way back to something like his old self. He didn't look quite as nervous about potential contact as in previous glimpses of U23s outings. It gave me a bit more hope than I had before, that he might make it back to where he was.

Users who are viewing this thread