Match Thread Swindon Town Friendly (2 Viewers)

skyblu3sk

I thought Hamer hit some smart passes early on in the game, definitely needs more fitness but who doesn't at this stage. Didn't think he misplaced passes as much as a few others. Looking forward to seeing how he develops.

Pete in Portugal

Being brutally honest, if this game came before rangers, the knives would be out for Hamer from folk on here like they are for hilsner. Hamer did naf all today.

I thought the combination of Hamer and Allen holding in central midfield just did not work. They were largely overpowered by Swindon's stronger, (and mostly taller), mid-fielders. I agree that Allen was more involved in the game than Hamer, who was anonymous for periods. I think Hamer will be more effective alongside Kelly. It does illustrate that we need to sign another DCM like Ben Sheaf.

Pete in Portugal

Another positive from the game was that I thought Bapaga showed some nice touches and looked up for it. He's certainly got potential.

cc84cov

I thought the combination of Hamer and Allen holding in central midfield just did not work. They were largely overpowered by Swindon's stronger, (and mostly taller), mid-fielders. I agree that Allen was more involved in the game than Hamer, who was anonymous for periods. I think Hamer will be more effective alongside Kelly. It does illustrate that we need to sign another DCM like Ben Sheaf.
The knives aren't out for Hilsner. People are just asking questions about his fitness.

Hamer was fine he was on his own in there against 2 big lads most would struggle Allen is not a holding midfielder we seen that soon as he was pushed forward,fully expect another cdm in this week.Hilsner just needs to get fitter & sharper.

pusbccfc

Some of the first touches yesterday from players like Allen were abysmal.

Bapaga looked lively and Jodi was more like his old self.

Lot of work to do but it's still early days.

better days

I also thought we lost our shape in the first half Pete
Mind you as it was the first time half of them had played together it's not surprising

cc84cov

Some of the first touches yesterday from players like Allen were abysmal.

Bapaga looked lively and Jodi was more like his old self.

Lot of work to do but it's still early days.
O’Hares touch was awful he was below hilsner in terms of rating a player I felt & Hilsner got slaughtered lol

larry_david

As better days says above, it was an experimental line up first half. Hopefully MR saw what worked and what didn't. We were completly overran in midfield first half though. That midfield in championship would get eaten for breakfast

TomRad85

The knives aren't out for Hilsner. People are just asking questions about his fitness.
Entirely fair. His gut is bigger than mine and I've done fuck all during lockdown/am not a professional athlete.
Still got hope for him once he cuts out the cake and gets a bit more match sharpness.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Hobo

With lockdown and the extended break I am sure the levels of fitness players started at are more varied than normal. We will get fitter and it is a long season. This result will not affect our final league position and it won't get us relegated.

Jones, Bapaga, Burroughes and Eccles were all positives for me.

Hamer seems a good acquisition and hasn't disgraced himself in the two friendlies. We still have people just back from injury, or still recovering from injury.

Some people are learning new positions and these games are the games to make mistakes in.

I think we will have two more through the door before the season starts.

It is these games when mistakes can be made. Their winner out of the blue, wonder goal or fluke? Also we nearly sneaked an equaliser at the death.

This game will have no bearing on how we fare in the Championship.

David O'Day

Their right back looked like a bloke who plays seniors 5/s down the AT7 but seemed to still be able to get about

better days

Baka got away with criticism yesterday for once same old story - Isolated
Apparently he's been looking really good in training but didn't show it yesterday
Not terrible but he's got to be more consistent
Hilsner is a skilful player but unless he puts a shift in he won't go far with Robins & Viveash

shmmeee

Baka got away with criticism yesterday for once same old story - Isolated

I’ve seen plenty on Twitter slating Baka. I think he does the defensive forward role really well and we win the ball higher up with him. None of our strikers seem to get many chances though and for that Goddens finishing has to be in the team.

cc84cov

Apparently he's been looking really good in training but didn't show it yesterday
Hilsner is a skilful player but unless he puts a shift in he won't go far with Robins & Viveash
Rangers game Baka looked bigger stronger yesterday he looked his usual trimmer self I liked what I seen from him against rangers,Hilsner looks below the level of what we have to me mate who’s made a huge step up,he needs to get fitter & sharper he’s incredibly one footed.

cc84cov

I’ve seen plenty on Twitter slating Baka. I think he does the defensive forward role really well and we win the ball higher up with him. None of our strikers seem to get many chances though and for that Goddens finishing has to be in the team.
This is my worry mate

cc84cov

I’m hoping we get some faces in the door this week mate hopefully we get sheaf over the line

Users who are viewing this thread