Match Thread Swindon Town Friendly (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

Both I would think. Along with the 5 subs thing... or has that been confirmed already?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

not as far as I know but hopefully we'll be getting back to something approaching 'normal' come September.

clint van damme

It was nice to see JJ looked as if he was working his way back to something like his old self. He didn't look quite as nervous about potential contact as in previous glimpses of U23s outings. It gave me a bit more hope than I had before, that he might make it back to where he was.

he looked fairly sharp. Would love him to come good next season. You can see he's worked hard, hoping it works out for him.

Covstu

City squad lowest valued in the division 😬

Apart from Wycombe! A lot of these things are bullshit in specifics but it probably does spell out the challenge ahead of us this season. whilst I appreciate people didn’t want to hear negativity today being a friendly but I think we will see ourselves getting run over more this season and people need to expect this and not jump down others throat. lets be clear, this will be a tough tough season

BornSlippySkyBlue

It was nice to see JJ looked as if he was working his way back to something like his old self. He didn't look quite as nervous about potential contact as in previous glimpses of U23s outings. It gave me a bit more hope than I had before, that he might make it back to where he was.
Agreed, thought he looked totally different to last time he came back. Last time he looked nervous and like he didn’t believe himself that he was ready. Today he looked hungry for the ball, wanted to make things happen and was one of our better players in the 2nd half. If we can get a fit, confident Jodi back again he could be a real asset this season. To use a cliche, almost like a new signing (and potentially good one at that).

cc84cov

Agreed, thought he looked totally different to last time he came back. Last time he looked nervous and like he didn’t believe himself that he was ready. Today he looked hungry for the ball, wanted to make things happen and was one of our better players in the 2nd half. If we can get a fit, confident Jodi back again he could be a real asset this season. To use a cliche, almost like a new signing (and potentially good one at that).
Today we finally seen a Jodi Jones who’s got in body but mainly is fit in mind 🙏🏼

fernandopartridge

Thought he did well, didn't look like a player who had been out for not far off two years

clint van damme

Apart from Wycombe! A lot of these things are bullshit in specifics but it probably does spell out the challenge ahead of us this season. whilst I appreciate people didn’t want to hear negativity today being a friendly but I think we will see ourselves getting run over more this season and people need to expect this and not jump down others throat. lets be clear, this will be a tough tough season

others have said it, and I totally agree, if we stay up on goal difference I'll be delighted.

cc84cov

Jodi looked miles ahead of most of the squad today Allen,O’Hare etc Included which shows he’s back in his mind the most important thing for a player after 2 bad injuries.O’Hare & Jodi behind the striker could be dangerous for us.

better days

Ok waited for a while before posting
We had an experimental line up in the first half
It didn't really work but the management will have seen that and will react accordingly
Expect to see more of the same in the upcoming friendlies
The management team will have learnt a lot from this performance
In the first half against Rangers we had what is probably the starting 11 as things stand and they competed well
This time we looked a bit disjointed as you'd expect from a team thrown together for the first time
Some negatives and some positives from the day
Pask looks good defending and has good pace but needs to keep a clear head when overlapping
Some of the young lads enhanced their reputations
But a number of older players will get a bollocking for not running enough
Especially when we didn't have the ball

D

Deleted member 2477

While angry, red faced weirdos like you are posting gammon will never be old hat.
And the second line doesn't make sense, but well done for using the space bar. An improvement on your previous post.
You be careful mate you dont melt in this hot weather. The problem with the left is they always think they are above everyone else and if you dont agree with their far left views then they revert to name calling and the racist word. Id rather commemorate heroes who died for this country so you can live a free life than kneel for a life style criminal and organisation who want to disband this country and its history

higgs

Ok waited for a while before posting
We had an experimental line up in the first half
It didn't really work but the management will have seen that and will react accordingly
Expect to see more of the same in the upcoming friendlies
The management team will have learnt a lot from this performance
In the first half against Rangers we had what is probably the starting 11 as things stand and they competed well
This time we looked a bit disjointed as you'd expect from a team thrown together for the first time
Some negatives and some positives from the day
Pask looks good defending and has good pace but needs to keep a clear head when overlapping
Some of the young lads enhanced their reputations
But a number of older players will get a bollocking for not running enough
Especially when we didn't have the ball
Who would u give a bollocking too?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

You be careful mate you dont melt in this hot weather. The problem with the left is they always think they are above everyone else and if you dont agree with their far left views then they revert to name calling and the racist word. Id rather commemorate heroes who died for this country so you can live a free life than kneel for a life style criminal and organisation who want to disband this country and its history

Haha! What a fucking weapon.
Disband this country!! Get to bed ya fucking clown!

Ring Of Steel

Really, on the match thread? Oh and surprise surprise, Earlsdon was the one to first bring it up.

Lord_Nampil

Giles was excellent, hes going to be a very good addition this season, thought first half we looked abit lost, miss place passes when a few months ago we wouldn't have made them, i think Allen made the key one for there strange first goal. Have to say both new lads took 2 great corners that created opportunities and Pask got down the flank pretty well.... but we looked off the pace and you could see Swindons 3rd game of the week had helped them! O'Hare looks the same just need the sharpness back, we will get it. second half thought Jones was excellent considering how he was back in 2018, the confidence was there and he looked like a player wanting to improve and show his worth! 2 kids were excellent as well Burroughs will get into the team this season and seeing the 17 year old look so confident really shows how good our academy is. Godden made a difference with his runs however we do need more from up top, more cover in the middle and cover at the back. between 4-6 plays id say we could do with before the window shuts! all in all 90 mins more game time for the squad and we move on to wolves. Swindons winner would have graced any game shame it was this one as it was a fantastic effort... 1 thing, Dabo and rose will make a difference once fit and also having the option of Jobello will help too...

cc84cov

Giles was excellent, hes going to be a very good addition this season, thought first half we looked abit lost, miss place passes when a few months ago we wouldn't have made them, i think Allen made the key one for there strange first goal. Have to say both new lads took 2 great corners that created opportunities and Pask got down the flank pretty well.... but we looked off the pace and you could see Swindons 3rd game of the week had helped them! O'Hare looks the same just need the sharpness back, we will get it. second half thought Jones was excellent considering how he was back in 2018, the confidence was there and he looked like a player wanting to improve and show his worth! 2 kids were excellent as well Burroughs will get into the team this season and seeing the 17 year old look so confident really shows how good our academy is. Godden made a difference with his runs however we do need more from up top, more cover in the middle and cover at the back. between 4-6 plays id say we could do with before the window shuts! all in all 90 mins more game time for the squad and we move on to wolves. Swindons winner would have graced any game shame it was this one as it was a fantastic effort... 1 thing, Dabo and rose will make a difference once fit and also having the option of Jobello will help too...
Nick thought Giles was the “weak link” early on lol

clint van damme

as good as Giles was going forward thought he lacked a bit defensively. Hopefully more to come in that respect.

usskyblue

To be clear, please point out exactly which of these World War II soldiers had a life that mattered ?

file-20170821-4964-17mud34.jpg

Black soldiers made a huge contribution to the war effort. They were also largely omitted from film reel footage because the racist establishment didn’t have a problem climbing on their shoulders but hadn’t got the basic moral fiber to acknowledge their sacrifice.

Your history? It’s fucking shameful. So take it, along with your suffocating privilege ...and fuck off

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

Nick thought Giles was the “weak link” early on lol

He did get caught badly out of position early on, but apart from that did well. From a defensive point of view it looks as though it will be his pace that will be his biggest asset, rather than any obvious heading, tackling ability. But the lad is very quick.

cc84cov

He did get caught badly out of position early on, but apart from that did well. From a defensive point of view it looks as though it will be his pace that will be his biggest asset, rather than any obvious heading, tackling ability. But the lad is very quick.
Once I think they said he was caught which tbh isn’t bad considering he’s new to the system positional awareness will come with game time.

clint van damme

Once I think they said he was caught which tbh isn’t bad considering he’s new to the system positional awareness will come with game time.

his hair is a big draw back for me. Hopefully he gets it sorted before the first game. It's like a pasty on top of his head.

Lord_Nampil

as good as Giles was going forward thought he lacked a bit defensively. Hopefully more to come in that respect.

have to say i did miss the first 8 minutes so could have been in that.... he did track back well from what i saw i was encouraged and to me shows we have that position covered now, just need the game time to gain the match sharpness...

covcity4life

We are going to miss mcCallum and Walsh. Giles and hamer have big shoes to fill. I have been surprised some of our fans act like hamer is just as good as Walsh after very few minutes to judge

Sky Blue Harry H

We are going to miss mcCallum and Walsh. Giles and hamer have big shoes to fill. I have been surprised some of our fans act like hamer is just as good as Walsh after very few minutes to judge
It was when he turned that man in the middle of the park that did it for me ...... (I realise this can be misread. I am sure Gustavo will realise I'm not casting aspersions!)

Sky Blue Pete

Me too

Bugsy

Some folk on here. Behave, It's our 2nd friendly game of the season. We need games to find our feet regardless of results. Performance and fitness will come along that's what preseason is about... PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread