Match Thread Swindon Town Friendly (1 Viewer)

shmmeee

Hamer and Giles have done OK. Everyone else not so much.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I think Baka, O’Hare and Hyam have had their moments. We look rusty which is understandable, but then Swindon are surely just as rusty.

Need those next three signings in as well IMO.

mark82

Massive overreaction on Hilßner.
You can see he's got technical ability & looking to play some intelligent passes he's just well off the pace fitness wise which is not really surprising. Give him a chance.

Agree, looks rusty and not on the same wavelength which is to be expected, but he's tried some good through balls particularly.

fernandopartridge

Allen has had a shocker this half.

Hilßner pretty absent

Pask is no Dabo.

Baka is no Biamou (overhead kick attempt).

Other than that :D

No more negativity from me; I’m not about for the second half :D
Allen has given the ball away yet has also been part of our best forward moves, I'd hardly say he's had a shocker

Liquid Gold

Positives: Hamer, Giles, O'Hare all look good (obviously we know what O'Hare can do).

Negatives: Look very shaky at the back. Look toothless going forward. Obviously early days but shows there's still significant work to do. Need CB, DM, ST at least I'd say.
Pask is a CB not a RWB, if we had Dabo in there I think a lot more would be clicking. He offers the outlet so often but is also so good defensively.

fernandopartridge

Mate its a fucking joke

Allen worst player on pit h but all posts about hilsner

I bsck my footy knowledge and tend to be proven right alot! Hilsner shown some good stuff with his through balls and give and take

Of he was brainless I would worry. Bit fitness issues in 2nd friendly? Fuck me maybe it will improve?

Will never understand stupidity of some fans. Kstaneer never got act together so all new signings never will either

And then they let it cloud their analysis. Only look for negatives and ignore anything good

Crazy bias vs a COV player from COV fans
Worst player on the pitch, laughable. At least you know Allen is playing

AFCCOVENTRY

Giles put a couple of nice balls in the box and Hilsner looks for those balls through to the striker. Godden would be better on the end of these rather than Baka.

Remember more signings are coming and these isn’t a full first team choice.

No panic.

stupot07

After playing 80 mins of pre-season. Brilliant isn't it. Also considering Kastaneer was quite impressive in pre-season what hope is there for Hilssner? It's a joke that we write players off in pre-season. If he still like this in month or two then it's a different conversation.
Fair enough, it is early days but he clearly lacks the pace needed for this level. The German third tier must be pretty poor.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

clint van damme

Mate its a fucking joke

I bsck my footy knowledge and tend to be proven right alot! Hilsner shown some good stuff with his through balls and gove and his

Of he was brainless I would worry. Bit fitness issues in 2nd friendly? Fuck me maybe it will improve?

Will never understand stupidity of some fans. Kstaneer never got act together so all new signings never will either

And then they let it cloud their analysis. Only look for negatives and ignore anything good

he should not look that out of shape. There's a big difference between not being match fit and being overweight and unfortunately he falls in to the latter category which in turn raises questions about his professionalism. I hope I'm wrong but it's not a good start to his City career.

TomRad85

I think Baka, O’Hare and Hyam have had their moments. We look rusty which is understandable, but then Swindon are surely just as rusty.

Need those next three signings in as well IMO.
Yep thats fair on those 3, tend to prefer Baka in a 2 personally.

Next 3 signings are massive for us, needs to get them right.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

covcity4life

he should not look that out of shape. There's a big difference between not being match fit and being overweight and unfortunately he falls in to the latter category which in turn raises questions about his professionalism. I hope I'm wrong but it's not a good start to his City career.
He has a slight tummy ffs hes not johnny vegas

In the corner near end he looked leggy. Nothing to suggest its not something that he is improving by the day

I think you will be wrong on this one. Just my.opinon

Liquid Gold

What I will say is I'd like to see someone come in that has played a lot of games in the Championship and can be someone that contributes in the dressing room and on the pitch. Chris Martin would have been good in that regard.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Can we all remember that it’s a preseason friendly and we’ve played one game in 5 months or whatever. The score means very little, Swindon look a good side (you can see why they put 8 past the Treacles) and seem a bit fitter.

Also 4 of our best players are not on the pitch in Kelly, Godden, Rose and Dabo and we still have signings to make.

Chill the beans.

clint van damme

We nees to try sell Baka or Biamou and bring in a striker. Baka will never use his physicality consistently it seems.

any striker we get will be a punt, (lower league signing or PL loan), we can't afford a proven Championship goal scorer though I agree, I'd like to see someone come in. I'd like the punt to be Shankland.

Evo1883

Giles need to get back quicker tbh, I know it's pre season but he can always be replaced if fucked... Decent offensively but has left hyam exposed several times

mark82

Pask is a CB not a RWB, if we had Dabo in there I think a lot more would be clicking. He offers the outlet so often but is also so good defensively.

Yeah, I like Pask. Think he's shown he can play both CB and RWB if needed. Just personally think McFadzean looks on a downward curve, he's the one I'd replace at the back, don't think Pask or Drysdale ready just yet to step up to first choice.

larry_david

Hilsner (dunno how to do the special letter) is clearly yards off the pace however he's showing for everything, he's trying things and he doesn't seem selfish. He needs fitness sure but people saying the state of him like he's razor ruddock. If he's a state then I'm a fooking hippo which is worrying.

Inexperienced team, pask 3 times tried to get on the end of a cross and kicked their lb who's fallen over as if he's lost a leg. Midfield been very poor. Miss the two Liams no doubt. Kels will help second half.

Positives: Giles has a cross on him and looks decent. Hyam is unbelievable, what a signing he's been. I love him. Mcfadz is back to trying to be play maker but will get better. Think that's the only positives actually

Esoterica

Mate its a fucking joke

I bsck my footy knowledge and tend to be proven right alot! Hilsner shown some good stuff with his through balls and gove and his

People have seen Allen last year, know what he is capable and recognise he is not playing in his natural position. Of course Hilssner is under more scrutiny from fans, he's a new signing and people are getting their first looks at him. It's human nature.

larry_david

He's hardly overweight is he. He's prob 3 weeks intense pre season away from where he needs to be. Questioning his professionalism is incredible

mark82

People have seen Allen last year, know what he is capable and recognise he is not playing in his natural position. Of course Hilssner is under more scrutiny from fans, he's a new signing and people are getting their first looks at him. It's human nature.

People had written him off even before he touched a ball.

covcity4life

I agree thats why no nees to worry about Allen

How about with hilsner ppl show patience to watch him some mkre befofe calling for his head?

Just a whacky suggestion

Users who are viewing this thread