Match Thread Swindon Town Friendly (3 Viewers)

BornSlippySkyBlue

I have a little smile to myself whenever I see O’Hare. Really hope he has a good season this year, could be such an important player for us.

SlowerThanPlatt

We look neat and tidy but virtually no goal threat. Tbf the same could have been said last season barring a few games the majority were won by an odd goal, the concern is we won’t keep many clean sheets in the Championship

ccfcway

not sure anyone's written anything that isn't true.
As long as people appreciate it's a pre season friendly and don't start writing us off as relegation certainties based on this game not sure it can be classed as over reaction.

I’ll start with “ we have been really awful so far” no we haven’t

Liquid Gold

I think last seasons team would survive in the Championship, we just needed to replace Wlsh, McCallum and O'Hare.

O'Hare obviously did that, Hamer looks like he can do Walsh's role and Giles promising at wing back.

We just need to get Sheaf in to cover Kelly, as this shows how key that DM role he plays is in our system, and someone else to challenge Godden.

shepardo01

Giles really impressing with his crosses. Needs willing runners to get on the end of them
Some decent balls in but needs to mix it up.
Seems to be delivering into the box (to just AB) every time, a few times a little ball inside has been on. We did this A LOT last season to work the ball around the 18y box and that was where we had more success than balls into the box...

cc84cov

I think last seasons team would survive in the Championship, we just needed to replace Wlsh, McCallum and O'Hare.

O'Hare obviously did that, Hamer looks like he can do Walsh's role and Giles promising at wing back.

We just need to get Sheaf in to cover Kelly, as this shows how key that DM role he plays is in our system, and someone else to challenge Godden.
Agree with this

cc84cov

Balls not sticking up front we are being pinned in as we cannot keep hold of it Hamer is on his own in midfield

Winny the Bish

Hilssner looks like he's running through treacle. Touch isn't there at all yet.

EDIT: MR has noticed. Moved him into CDM and Allen further forward.

covcity4life

Hilssner looks like he's running through treacle. Touch isn't there at all yet.

EDIT: MR has noticed. Moved him into CDM and Allen further forward.
We play alot of who k pass a d move

Thats going to take time to learn with his new teammates

But he has displayed he can do it already today

Users who are viewing this thread