Swindon Match Thread (2 Viewers)

Nonleagueherewecome

Is it me or does Jackson kick the air all the time

He got tackled in possession around 37 times tonight. Although I still think that he's a player who we should be getting miles more out of, but our team isn't set-up for strikers to flourish.

Paxman II

Paxman's post-Walsall thread looking mighty silly right now.

I agree. earlier in this match day thread I said he should stick with the same team. What message is it to the players if they show endeavour only to be dropped the next game and not even a subs bench? I think we came up against the top side but regardless we were inept. Nadine is a slogger and I could not understand O'Brien off? Seems to me the manager is either let down by his coaching staff or he simply is running out of ideas and his own belief in the players he has to choose from. How he sets up to use them each game is confusing. he switches from one formation to another mid game, every game.
I saw Tim Sherwood in the stand tonight...wish we could have his input!

Nick

Administrator
He got tackled in possession around 37 times tonight. Although I still think that he's a player who we should be getting miles more out of, but our team isn't set-up for strikers to flourish.

It is confidence though isn't it, when they are confident players like Jackson do some great things.

johnwillomagic

Has Tudgay gone on loan......why would be my question after his best game he deserves a crack, we probably would have lost this game but should have just made one enforced change today and left alone as much as is possible! I suppose Martin in and Pennington moving to right back would have made sense!!

Chez78

Last week was our best footballing performance in weeks possibly the season so apart from Phillips why change it? He had nothing to loose most of us were expecting defeat but at least we couldn't have had any complaints about squad selection. I would have actually defended his decision had he stuck with the same eleven brought in Martin for Phillips and used Willis as a right back.

stupot07

Exactly. We should have 4-5 gems from the lower leagues in our squad. They're out there, they're dirt cheap and they have desire and a point to prove, in general.

been saying that for ages, but people get blinded by names - like Jackson is a better striker than Wilson and Clarke because he played in the PL 3-4 years ago. We've signed far too many players on their downward spiral of their careers including tudguy, pugh, jackson, nouble and o'brien.

the easiest thing to do is blame the changes in personal, Swindon were a class above and would have beaten us had we been unchanged,

Nonleagueherewecome

Well you did have a RB, Stephen, but you gave him to Scunthorpe...

skybluepm2

3-0 flattering? Started well 1st ten minutes (0-2 down?!) pleased with aspects of our play?! Nucleus of a very good team? Twat!

Nonleagueherewecome

"I've seen a lot of good things tonight". Yeah, from Swindon. Clueless buffoon...

Nonleagueherewecome

Oh, it's The Ricoh's fault now....to misquote Cromwell, "for any good that you have done, go, in the name of God, go now!!!!"

Nonleagueherewecome

We should have got that chap from Nuneaton when they kept winning. Where did he go, Wrexham wasn't it?

Kev Wilkin? Yeah, Wrexham.

Problem now is that 4 year contract Pressley has though, innit? :facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

Has Tudgay gone on loan......why would be my question after his best game he deserves a crack, we probably would have lost this game but should have just made one enforced change today and left alone as much as is possible! I suppose Martin in and Pennington moving to right back would have made sense!!

I think that they said Tudgay has a knock? Anything at CB/RB to keep Pennington at CB and Webster out of the team, even Finch at RB! Or Willis. He said that he had to play Pennington there as Willis isn't a RB, but neither is Pennington. And Webster isn't even a footballer.

Nonleagueherewecome

been saying that for ages, but people get blinded by names - like Jackson is a better striker than Wilson and Clarke because he played in the PL 3-4 years ago. We've signed far too many players on their downward spiral of their careers including tudguy, pugh, jackson, nouble and o'brien.

the easiest thing to do is blame the changes in personal, Swindon were a class above and would have beaten us had we been unchanged,

Indeed, Jackson himself started in non-league at Rushden. Grays Athletic produced Kightly, Eastwood and Gary Hooper within the space of a couple of years. All would have cost you peanuts and went on to go for millions.

Nick

Administrator
Indeed, Jackson himself started in non-league at Rushden. Grays Athletic produced Kightly, Eastwood and Gary Hooper within the space of a couple of years. All would have cost you peanuts and went on to go for millions.

Makes you wonder what our scouts are doing!

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Well the post match interview was pretty pathetic.

We have the players to beat Swindon - where were they tonight Steven?

Good opening 10 minutes - really?

3-0 flattered them - HOW?? All through defensive errors by the players you brought in in place of ones that had the games of their lives (so far) in our last fixture!

Just when I start to think 'maybe I'm wrong' I watch a Team play under Pressley and I realise we aren't going to get far under him. Not with one decent performance every so often anyway!

Wasn't the worst performance I've seen this season, but it was still poor

Nonleagueherewecome

Ah, at least Radio 6 are playing Eden by Talk Talk. Sooths away the pain.

1966skyblue

I think that they said Tudgay has a knock? Anything at CB/RB to keep Pennington at CB and Webster out of the team, even Finch at RB! Or Willis. He said that he had to play Pennington there as Willis isn't a RB, but neither is Pennington. And Webster isn't even a footballer.

Well said

SkyBlue_Bear83

Despite us playing awful we still had enough good chances to grab a couple of goals. Swindon are a good team in this league and it showed, in all honesty our performance probably wasn't much worse than Chesterfield/Walsall we just came up against a much better team than us,

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Tbf to Swindon, they defended in numbers and attacked in numbers. We didn't do either at all!

Only think I didn't like about them was their time wasting / conning officials etc, but other than that, I think they set up as a team looking to get out of this league.

Como

The Swindon guy could have gone down for a penalty.

I was watching it on a dodgy feed but I thought Swindon were good value, very much under the impression they did what was needed and had some in reserve.

Coventry a lot of huffing and puffing but little organisation.

Users who are viewing this thread