Swindon Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Evo1883

Well swindon have the best away record in the league , they have improved dramatically over the course of the season , wheras we are still inconsistent and sit 18th in league 1 . The performance at walsall gave me actual positives and if we play that way then who knows .
but i cant see it and i think we will be beaten and beaten well tonight ...Coventry 0-3 Swindon att.7500

standupforcity

If we're at full strength and feeling confident after Walsall, then I think we can win it. I don't really expect us to lose as we tend to raise our game against the better teams. Anyway I'll be there, making my way up from London with son in tow, even though it's on Sky. Nothing like live football!!

mark_ccfc

Either 0-0 or lose by one or two goals. Pressley will go back to the old formation, we will make very few chances but probably keep a clean sheet.

Kingokings204

I think Swindon will win 0-2 but we may sneak a draw if we keep it tight.

Btw since being in league 1 over the last few seasons, Swindon must love us. Always score late on and always tend to beat us. So many times we've been ahead and then lost. I hate Swindon. Always seems to pull it out the bag.

Godiva

We will take this 2-1 :)

pusbccfc

It's difficult to decide who will start tonight.

Could Reda play left back?
Will Pennington stay in the centre or move to right back?
Will Tudgay stay in the side?

Personally I'd play

Allsop

Willis-Pennington-Martin-Reda

O'Brien----Thomas----Fleck

Jackson-Madine-Nouble

I thought Pennington was by far better at centre back, which is why I'd play Willis on the right. If needed they could swap.
Unfortunately I think he will drop Willis and play Webster.

I thought Tudgay was brilliant last week, but if back, be Madine should start. He may well drop Simeon and play Tudgay.

skybluejelly

I think it depends who scores first .. whoever it is wins I reckon.. so a nice early goal then a second before halftime .. then a nervy second half as we sit back and let them come at us,,still only reckon 6000 crowd

chiefdave

We will win 2-1, everyone will get excited and start talking about the play-offs. We'll then lose to Gillingham and Yeovil!

LB87ccfc

Personally I'd play

Allsop

Jackson-Madine-Nouble

I thought Pennington was by far better at centre back, which is why I'd play Willis on the right. If needed they could swap.

I thought Tudgay was brilliant last week, but if back, be Madine should start. He may well drop Simeon and play Tudgay.

Is this a sick Joke, your spot on with everything apart from the defence, yes Pennington is better at CB but against 2 6 foot 2 + strikers would get a hammering.

If Reda plays its CB for me or nothing, would get torn a new arsehole otherwise.

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

allow me to break the optimism and say 0-2 to swindon. i suspect madine wont play last thing we need to do if we are trying to secure him on a free is parade him around on live tv in from of 20+ other teams that might then get interested and are willing to pay for him

mark_ccfc

Be interesting to see if Reda and Pennington play who will be CB/RB and who will organise the back line. Could there be a clash of personalities?

kg82

Personally I'd play

Allsop

Jackson-Madine-Nouble

I'd keep it the same as last week apart from the obvious at the back where I'd move Willis to RB and stick Reda in the centre if he's back.

desertfox

Is this a sick Joke, your spot on with everything apart from the defence, yes Pennington is better at CB but against 2 6 foot 2 + strikers would get a hammering.

If Reda plays its CB for me or nothing, would get torn a new arsehole otherwise.

Not sure why you think Pennington wouldn't cope with 6ft 2 strikers... He's 6ft 1 himself, and will be used to handling big lads in the Prem U21's games, so I think he would surprise you, like he surprised everyone who saw the Walsall match. Him and Willis were a classy CB pairing.

I think the back line will actually be Pennington-Martin-Webster-Reda.

pusbccfc

Pennington is the same height as Webster and is taller than Willis (apparently).

LB87ccfc

Not sure why you think Pennington wouldn't cope with 6ft 2 strikers... He's 6ft 1 himself, and will be used to handling big lads in the Prem U21's games, so I think he would surprise you, like he surprised everyone who saw the Walsall match. Him and Willis were a classy CB pairing.

I think the back line will actually be Pennington-Martin-Webster-Reda.

My comments were more along Reda being LB instead of his natural CB.

I was at the Walsall match thanks, just like I am at all the away games, and Pennington was extremely impressive at the centre of defence, but for me, if Reda is fit, he should be CB next to Martin, these have a inform strike pairing and we need experience at the heart of defence, so for this game, due to the opposition I would put Pennington RB as I also think he would stop the numerous crosses that will come into our box.

covcity4life

i hope he goes with

===========alsopp============
pennington==webster==martin==johnson
=======thomas===fleck=========
==========o brien============
jackson=================nouble
=========madine============

desertfox

My comments were more along Reda being LB instead of his natural CB.

I was at the Walsall match thanks, just like I am at all the away games, and Pennington was extremely impressive at the centre of defence, but for me, if Reda is fit, he should be CB next to Martin, these have a inform strike pairing and we need experience at the heart of defence, so for this game, due to the opposition I would put Pennington RB as I also think he would stop the numerous crosses that will come into our box.

I don't think that would be a bad lineup, by the way. I just can't see SP dropping Webster, though, which is why I think Reda will end up at LB.
It's going to be interesting to see what he does.

Paxman II

Should be the same team that started last week. It will be important to name the right subs bench and how they are used.

LB87ccfc

Nathan Byrne is a quality player on the right side of the Swindon team, I can see him tearing Reda apart if he's at LB.

Exactly, its his crosses we got to watch out for down that side too. Need Reda in the centre winning all the headers vs Michael Smith

Users who are viewing this thread