Match Thread Swansea (1 Viewer)

Adge

Well, our Achilles heal again comes back to haunt us. Silly goal conceded and missed chances at the other end.

Il Pirata

The game is almost over as soon as we concede. And we can concede a goal from absolutely nothing, so we're always going to struggle to win more than the odd game here and there.

90 mins of huff and puff but we need to go a goal up in games to have a chance at points, the stats are clear. Just giving teams a Sunday league goal means it was all wasted.

ccfc92

Wrong as usual

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Played around the back a lot.

Whenever we went forward either ballsed up the final ball or went back to our defence/own half.

Subs came on and did the same.

For once, Robins made changes to try and influence a losing position and the team didn't do much to change the game.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Whenever we went forward either ballsed up the final ball or went back to our defence/own half.

For once, Robins made changes to try and influence a losing position and the team didn't do much to change the game.

I liked the interview after the game from MR, and I like the fact he used his subs. I'm just not sure they were the right ones!

BornSlippySkyBlue

No, not in so many words . But he did imply he was not in the game .
if your not in the game you go look for the ball or you ( should ) be substituted .
I would stick him on the bench . He’s over rated on here by so many who can’t or won’t admit it. probably because they had his name put on the back of their shirt when he arrived!!!
The thing is not everyone wants their main goal threat to run around like a headless chicken chasing the ball so that when he’s required in the mixer he’s not somewhere by the corner flag.

I’m sure Walker has his instructions from Robins, and if he’s told to go chasing the ball* and doesn’t he won’t last long in one of Robins’ teams. He had a quiet game tonight, Swansea have had 11 clean sheets in 16 home games, they are very good at shutting out attacking threats and they did a very good job of it tonight. Not Walker’s fault.

* he’s not

mark82

The Biamou one first half from 6 yards? His second half chance that he made himself and miskicked? The McFadz one?

Thought the 6 yards out one was behind him but not seen a replay so will bow to those that have on that one. The one thing I would say is that my initial thought was that Walker would've found a way. Don't remember his second half one if I'm honest (there was one in the first half I think where he rolled it along the floor to the keeper, but that wasn't a clear chance).

McFadz one was a chance I guess, not sure about a clear chance as needed some work. Should've done better but not sure if it was a should've scored chance. Again, no replay so hard to judge.

clint van damme

Thought the 6 yards out one was behind him but not seen a replay so will bow to those that have on that one. The one thing I would say is that my initial thought was that Walker would've found a way. Don't remember his second half one if I'm honest (there was one in the first half I think where he rolled it along the floor to the keeper, but that wasn't a clear chance).

McFadz one was a chance I guess, not sure about a clear chance as needed some work. Should've done better but not sure if it was a should've scored chance. Again, no replay so hard to judge.

The 2nd half one looked like it bobbled up before he hit it to me after watching the replay.
The first one was poor and he should have hit the target at least

shepardo01

Blackburn fans are up in arms and want Mowbray gone.
They also want Venus and Waggott gone amidst plans to sell off their training ground for housing and scrap their Cat 1 academy! Sound familiar!!??
They are calling then the "Coventry 3"
Massive questions around Mowbrays recruitment, particularly loans and his playing of players out of position.
Had two very young loans playing as back central two this evening who have apparently been struggling. Fans say team selection is like a literal lottery draw.
Just lost 5 in a row!..... fans are up in arms! ..... let's hope he's still in a job on Saturday morning! ....sounds dire what he's serving up on the pitch.

shepardo01

....and this snippet from their forum (no Blackburn thread to post on yet!)

I really dislike the dumbing down.

”do you really expect us to be beating Watford?”

Yes!

If we had any real ambitions of promotion we certainly should be looking to beat them but there’s always an excuse with a section of the fanbase.

5 losses on the bounce to Preston, QPR, Barnsley, Forest and now Watford and each has been a limp performance.

We have 2 schoolboys at the back who we don’t own but saw fit to bring in, both looking well out of their depth.

A talented but erratic keeper now taking things into his own hands.

The slowest left back in the league.

Our main central defender ‘injured’ apparently.

Our best defender dropped and then hung out to dry with a cock and bull story to turn it onto the fans.

Our terrier in the middle looks more like a Bassett Hound and our playmaker bundle of energy looks jaded.

A lump of a centre forward who’s main assets are wasted as he’s stuck out wide when he plays

On top of that our captain for the last couple of days is a man who sees passing as a sign of weakness!

We had some signs of life and a future in November but the whole stench around the place is one of neglect and rot.

Time for change

Grendel

Load of hysteria here

Swansea are a good team. Efficient rather than spectacular

We did well enough overall. We did have reasonable chances and limited them to few opportunities

Sheaf had a good enough game so odd to see the critics fly at him

Unfortunately the game exposed weak points. The keeper is seriously below standard. Career stats don’t lie. He’s never been a regular at any club even at lower levels. There is a reason for that

Hyam continues to play and continues to be poor.

Biamou isnt at the level required

Walker clearly has to score every week to keep critics at bay but I wouldn’t worry too much if I was him. He’s much better than the alternatives and want be a 1 in 16 player

Given the opposition and the fact we are carrying players in key positions it wasn’t that bad

Frostie

Load of hysteria here

We did well enough overall. We did have reasonable chances and limited them to few opportunities

Unfortunately the game exposed weak points. The keeper is seriously below standard. Career stats don’t lie. He’s never been a regular at any club even at lower levels. There is a reason for that

Walker clearly has to score every week to keep critics at bay but I wouldn’t worry too much if I was him. He’s much better than the alternatives and want be a 1 in 16 player

Given the opposition and the fact we are carrying players in key positions it wasn’t that bad

Spot on.

covmark

So we didn't defend a 1-0 defeat then? Thanks.

covmark

Load of hysteria here

Can't disagree with any of that.

Users who are viewing this thread