Match Thread Swansea (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Will be a long road trip and game in Wales on Weds night. Hopefully we have some confidence after beating Brentford to take the game to them.

They will also be smarting after a loss to Huddersfield where they shipped 4 goals. Their American international striker Jordan Morris was injured against Huddersfield and is out of the game. Ironically he was the Viktor Gyokeres replacement. So they are light with forward options. They still have Ayew upfront who is still one of the best in the league.

There is a chance Dabo could return on the bench.

Tough game but nothing to suggest we can’t get a result.

Last edited:

stevefloyd

Will be a long road trip and game in Wales on Weds night. Hopefully we have some confidence after beating Brentford to take the game to them.

They will also be smarting after a loss to Huddersfield where they shipped 4 goals. Their American international striker Jordan Morris was injured against Huddersfield and is out of the game. Ironically he was the Viktor Gyokeres replacement. So they are light with forward options. They still have Ayew upfront who is still one of the best in the league.

Tough game but nothing to suggest we can’t get a secent
Have to ask wtf is a secent?

cc84cov

Some more big games this week

Rotherham forest
Brum Norwich
Derby Huddersfield
Wednesday Brentford

I’m hoping we can get a point I think Rotherham will beat Forest

no_loyalty

I would go with the same side which started today, very tough game so would settle for a point.

Reactions: AOM
D

Deleted member 2477

Tough game but nothing to suggest we can’t get a result.
Play the same team and formation and I would expect at least a point

stevefloyd

I don’t care what formation we play as long as Shipley is back

giphy.gif

Paxman II

Regardless of the result today Swansea looks like a very difficult task. But after what happened at Hudderfield, and our result we should be a little more optimistic. Just glad we had a win, and 3 points in the bag against Brentford chalked up. Unexpected, and provides some breathing space should we get nothing at Swansea. So fully expect us to go looking for a point at least, and play more confidently than we would otherwise have done. Diificult to call as you will expect a reaction from Swansea, especially at home. Just hope we play well again even in defeat.

I'll go for a 1-1 draw.

Evo1883

After today, we do what we can do there's every chance we can get a point.. Or even scrape a win... Footballs a funny game

IL say 1-1

shmmeee

Got to start with the same side. Hopefully Dabo is back on the bench.

Just need Godden back early March.

If we lose the next two will people generally be happy with this month? Forest was a shocker but point against Watford and today make up for that surely?

TomRad85

If we lose the next two will people generally be happy with this month? Forest was a shocker but point against Watford and today make up for that surely?
I just wanted to come out of the tough run of fixtures still out of the bottom 3. So your question would depend on how other teams get on too really.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SAJ

Not happy but I was only anticipating 4 points. Thought we would have got 3 against Forest and 1 against Watford. Anything else now for me is a bonus.

ccfc92

Some more big games this week

Rotherham forest
Brum Norwich
Derby Huddersfield
Wednesday Brentford

I’m hoping we can get a point I think Rotherham will beat Forest

Looking at that, a point will put us in great position.

I think Brentford will bounce back vs Wednesday, their manager was fuming today.

Gibbo

Good though we were against Brentford, both goals came from bad defensive slips. So lets not get ahead of ourselves.

A draw would be an absolute bonus / boner (take your pick, or maybe both).

Same team and same substitutes strategy (incidentally I thought Pask pretty good as a substitute)

ccfc92

Good though we were against Brentford, both goals came from bad defensive slips. So lets not get ahead of ourselves.

A draw would be an absolute bonus / boner (take your pick, or maybe both).

Same team and same substitutes strategy (incidentally I thought Pask pretty good as a substitute)

I did think this.

We were gifted two goals today. Obviously welcomed, but long overdue.

However, Walker had 3 defenders around him and he couldn't have finished it better.

The Reverend Skyblue

After what I think was our best , by far, full 90 minute performance of the season, aren't Saturday nights much better after a great performance, I have hopes of getting something out of this game.
Watching Huddersfields goals from yesterday I hope MR tells his players to have a few more cracks at goal from outside the box.
They will be hurting and will have had a rocket up there arses from the manager, but I still think if we play remotely like we did yesterday we can get at least a point Wednesday .

Gibbo

I hope today is a turning point and we carry on in the same vein with no fucking about across the back
There were two big tactical changes, 1. long ball and high press (hoof ball?) 2. planned substitutions at the right times (out of the Eddie Jones rugby playbook actually)

D

Deleted member 2477

Isnt it amazing how one good performance and a win has everyone buzzing again and Wednesday cannot come around quick enough. On a separate note the one thing I miss more than anything is those weekday evening matches at Highfield Rd, the floodlights shining as tou walked up to the ground on a cold evening, smell of fried onions and finding some where to park in the streets. The atmosphere even with only 14 or 15 thousand with the cop swaying was always fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread