Match Thread Swansea (1 Viewer)

Great_Expectations

Looking forward to it.

Swansea are clearly a strong team, but so are Brentford. While we didn’t get the results in the games prior to Brentford, there were positives to take, and clearly there’s loads from Brentford.

Hoping it has given the players a huge confidence boost, and also persuaded MR to the benefits of two up front and playing on the front foot and offensively - we are always a much better team when we aren’t playing over defensively.

It will be tough, but if our key players all show up, we play offensively and don’t show Swansea too much respect then there’s no reason we can’t get a result.

And if we lose, just like after the Norwich game, there’s no need for full meltdowns. There’s a lot of games left, our remaining fixtures look more positive, injuries are lessening and with a full strength team we’ve proven we can compete.

2-1, Biamou, Ostigard.

SkyBlueMatt

I'm not getting carried away after Saturdays performance and win. We've been playing well recently (for the most part) and with Godden or Walker in the team, I think results would have been better. Swansea are a better team than us but this is the Championship and anything can happen.

I have no expectation tonight and if we get anything from the game. I'll be happy.

The important thing is keeping performances up and moral high until we get to a more favourable run of fixtures. Saturday would have done a world of good in that aspect.

chiefdave

I know CWR are commentating on away games remotely but surely its not that technically difficult to still have their commentary as an option. ifollow is about 5 minutes behind anyway!

shmmeee

Wouldn't be surprised to see James come back in for Kelly in this one. Think it would sensible to manage his minutes while he's still fresh back from injury.

Point would be a great result.
I know CWR are commentating on away games remotely but surely its not that technically difficult to still have their commentary as an option. ifollow is about 5 minutes behind anyway!

Is there anywhere you can stream CWR and pause it to sync it? Or is it still blocked online during games?

jordan210

After a quick look on their forum. Midfield speed is their main weakness apparently as are a little bit slow.

I expect COH to be kicked about a lot then when he nicks the ball of them !

Mcbean

Red button for me - I have to turn my phone off as the beeb goal
Notifications or my mates text me before we score on the red button

Liquid Gold

MR rarely changes a winning side so I expect to see the same starting 11 as Saturday. Think Swansea will have enough to beat us at their own place so would take a draw if offered now. Especially as that basically takes us out of the really sticky patch of fixtures.

clint van damme

Most nervous I've been before a game all season.
I know it's a big ask with their home record but to be going in to March with at least a 6 point gap over the relegation places if we win would be incredible.

Sky Blue Harry H

Most nervous I've been before a game all season.
I know it's a big ask with their home record but to be going in to March with at least a 6 point gap over the relegation places if we win would be incredible.

I know - still a long shot, but avoiding a defeat would be great, but a win would be a massive boost for us, and a near hammer blow to some of those below. As long as Sheff Wed lose at Brentford, it will have been a decent set of midweek results, even should we lose.

Frostie

I know - still a long shot, but avoiding a defeat would be great, but a win would be a massive boost for us, and a near hammer blow to some of those below. As long as Sheff Wed lose at Brentford, it will have been a decent set of midweek results, even should we lose.

Quick, refer to it as a 'free hit', see how many people you can upset 🤣

Liquid Gold

Quick, refer to it as a 'free hit', see how many people you can upset 🤣

giphy.gif

shmmeee

Just watched the highlights of the reverse fixture and frankly we should’ve won so have adjusted expectations accordingly. City win or Robins out.

Reactions: AOM

fernandopartridge

Swansea aren't great goalscorers, just a very strong defensive team that is clinical when it matters. which was exactly what happened when we played them.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Swansea are another powerful, big side who we are nowhere near on paper. But as we all know, it’s not played on paper is it. After the Brentford game hopefully the players now truly believe that we can give anyone a game on our day. So, with the bit between our teeth following a convincing win against a high-flying Brentford team — I’m going 1 (pen) -3 (O’Hare, Hamer, Østigård) 🤞

Users who are viewing this thread