Match Thread Swansea Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Dickie

Really good second half. Should have won it, some heading practice for O’Hare! Even the Welsh commentators conceded they could have lost it and were happy with a point!

Chip Batch

A good performance, just lacking the finish on a couple of easy chances. We'll be OK this season.

People need to realise the players haven't turned to shit, the negativity the last week or two has been embarrassing.

Agree. We’re playing against players at a lot higher level than we have before, with mostly the same players from last season. This is the highest level they’ve played at. It’s a big step up and anything above the relegation places will be great. Physically there’s a big difference too. The opposition are generally a lot stronger and quicker at this level so it’s going to be hard. It’s not like we’ve brought in players with established experience in the Championship or above.

They’re putting the effort in and showed more confidence tonight and that’s all you can ask. And to score free headers 😁

Magwitch

Only watched the last 20 odd minutes and from what I saw we did all the passing and could have scored three goals and should (O’Hare) have scored one. These are one of the fancied teams I thought they looked pretty ordinary but that was the last 20 minutes can’t comment on the first 70. Got influential players to come back Dabo in particular, we will get better.

Johhny Blue

Godden is a lethal finisher. We all know this but with 10 to go, us pressing why not bring the big guy on to mix it up. I just wish MR would be bold and make that attacking change. Pask showed great attacking intent and it gave them something else to think about. 85 a baka or a max, fresh strength and energy against a tired defence. What do we have to lose!?
A point?

Bugsy

Good result. Would of took it before the game should have won but another point on the board...PUSB

P.S great finish by Shipley for the goal

P.P.S we will be fine, not even our 1st eleven out there theoretically.

Esoterica

Thought it was a bit arrogant from Swansea tonight actually. They'll have seen the Bournemouth and Brentford games and how a high press and nullifying the wingbacks strangled us and yet it just seemed they ignored that and thought they would simply match us up and be better.

capel & collindridge

Seemed much more confident once Kelly came on. We were unlucky in the end, but could very easily have been behind 15-20 minutes into
the second half.

Bugsy

Last thing to say. Even if we can't be there no need to be down it's going to be hard it's the next level but stick together like we know we can that's all the skyblues want. we will gain experience as it goes on good base to keep going...PUSB

AFCCOVENTRY

Dabo a way off apparently. In London having an epidural... and I thought his Mrs was expecting. He has a problem with his nerve in back and hamstring.

Bugsy

Dabo a way off apparently. In London having an epidural... and I thought his Mrs was expecting. He has a problem with his nerve in back and hamstring.

That don't sound good unfortunately.. wish him well..PUSB

On the brightside we have da costa like a new signing 🤣

Bugsy

larry_david

Jeez. Mccallum proved today he's an able deputy though. He skinned their player a few times too and cutting in on his left provided ammo for a shot (we know he can score) or a wicked angled cross

Esoterica

I'm not surprised by that to be honest. If his weight balance has even slightly shifted after his hip op he was always going to be susceptible to secondary injuries.

Bugsy

Ahem.

When Kelly came on, Sheaf said "Kellz, thank God you're on. You are a brilliant player"
To which Kelly replied "And so are you Sheafy"

Compliment.

Haha one big family...PUSB

Covstu

We did really well tonight especially with a make shift team. We weathered a lot of pressure and thought we would collapse but we grew into the game and got stronger. Very unlucky in the end, another night we would have taken all 3 points. We do need to mix up the ‘playing from the back’ tactic as we constantly get closed down and lose the ball. Not an easy game in this league but fitness is going to be critical this season

BornSlippySkyBlue

Didn’t stay with the match thread tonight, so interesting to watch it and then see what others thought. Personally thought we looked better from the start tonight. Passing was crisper and more direct. We turned the ball around with more purpose and didn’t look scared from the first minute.

Could’ve gone either way in the end, but felt we could, maybe should, have got 3 points there. Couple of players not at the top of their game, O’Hare a bit quiet by his usual standards. Overall a better performance and lots of positives. Sheaf starting to settle, McCallum looks like a natural on the right, Kelly made a difference when he came on.

Much happier with that performance than Brentford of Bournemouth, opposition aside. Still got the likes of Dabo to get back, and Walker. So still haven’t played our first choice 11.

Lot more positive after that game myself. Now to read the rest of the thread to find out who I was supposed to slag off...:p

shmmeee

We did really well tonight especially with a make shift team. We weathered a lot of pressure and thought we would collapse but we grew into the game and got stronger. Very unlucky in the end, another night we would have taken all 3 points. We do need to mix up the ‘playing from the back’ tactic as we constantly get closed down and lose the ball. Not an easy game in this league but fitness is going to be critical this season

We’re only going to get fitter by comparison I reckon. I suspect the other teams will feel the shortened pre season after the new year, and we’ll be hitting our stride. Always been confident of a stronger finish under Robins.

Users who are viewing this thread