Surely Time to Bury the Hatchet (4 Viewers)

cloughie

The Trust board will be changing soon, so suely a time there too, to bury the hatchet if you have grievances?

I may not always agree with current members of the Trust board, but I can safely say that in my opinion, at least, they're motivated as much if not more by a desire to see the club succeed. Now, we may all differ in what we think's misguided or not, but I do think they deserve some credit for stepping back during the difficult times, and not waging outright war.

And I do think in the general keeping fans together, some deserve credit for attempting to keep their personal views dampened publicly for the greater good.

So... how about burying the hatchet there, too? At least until board elections are upon us and done and dusted?

Well said ..........so let's see if the sniping at the trust stops or is it just supposed to stop at the owners

hill83

Over the years since relegation from the Premier League 90% of the days have been bad. The good days have been so few and far between.

Today was one of those rare good days. Some inspired performances, some strong leadership, a real strategy from the management and an overall feeling of optimism. No one would have left thinking they had not enjoyed the day.

The crowd were unified and positive. There was a strong atmosphere and a desire to succeed.

The forum is deluged with negativity. This surely has to end. We have no hope of new owners. Now at least the club looks to be thinking like a football club. We have the most experienced and best manager in the league and he has his backroom staff.

Surely the fans need now to give this a go. The worst thing to happen is the crowds drop for the next two less glamorous games. That would send a very negative message. Time for fans to give it a go.

The club needs committed owners but needs fans to show commitment as well. Its a critical season and fans need to play their part.

Give us a snog Grendel

@richh87

I've been NOPM since before Northampton, but that idea hasn't had the backing it should have. Anyway - the match reports and style of play I'm hearing about is music to my ears and something I may not be able to miss.

I'm 32, have had 17 years of season tickets and have never seen a top 7 finish in any division - so I'll be damned if evil SISU will make me miss a promotion push.

Hope I don't jinx it - it's just one game after all...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

hill83

Also, Wigan brought a decent following. So our support could rise the next home game but the attendance go down. Be ready for that.

Macca

Also, Wigan brought a decent following. So our support could rise the next home game but the attendance go down. Be ready for that.

Got I hope not we will have to listen to multiple "for a city the size of Coventry........." posts

Astute

Got I hope not we will have to listen to multiple "for a city the size of Coventry........." posts

You forgot to say 'and surrounding areas' whilst forgetting how many more clubs are within 20 miles.

I should know the difference. I have 3 brothers. I am the only City supporter out of us. 2 of them are happy with life at the moment. They are Fester supporters :eek: The other one is a glory supporter of Liverpool
whatever3.gif

AndreasB

Everyone trying to be nice but basically re stating their prejudices is quite funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

Club should be backed right now. They are listening, the team is shaping up nicely and in Mogga we trust.

Still outstanding questions on the long term plan though. And on the stadium plans particularly pressure should be kept up. Let's not forget that we come to the end of the two year part of our deal at the end of the season and only have am option for the next two AFAIK. So that's a pretty important question. But that aside, I think they've been spot on in everything from ticket pricing to match day changes so far and that should be recognised.

We don't have any options, it's up to Wasps if they want to extend and increase the rent.

shmmeee

We don't have any options, it's up to Wasps if they want to extend and increase the rent.

So you agree a new stadium is paramount.

It was such a stupid deal. Killed the enthusiasm of coming back. But worst of all it was so obvious that there were no plans to have a stadium ready. A more cynical guys would say it's about time for court cases, but I don't think even they are that stupid. Just good old fashioned poor planning it seems to me.

Anyway, in the spirit of the thread, it's not how we got here that matters it's where we go from here and we need details about our long term future.

SkyBlue_Bear83

If you are a supporter just support the club irrespective of the owner. Simple really, you can't force SISU to leave by not going all its doing is damaging our chances of getting out of this league which we all want.

@richh87

It was such a stupid deal. Killed the enthusiasm of coming back. But worst of all it was so obvious that there were no plans to have a stadium ready. A more cynical guys would say it's about time for court cases, but I don't think even they are that stupid. Just good old fashioned poor planning it seems to me.

Anyway, in the spirit of the thread, it's not how we got here that matters it's where we go from here and we need details about our long term future.

Agreed.

The reason we don't hear these long term plans is that SISU know we don't want to hear:

"the plan is to sue everyone in sight until we run out of appeals - then we liquidate and return every penny we can to our investors"...

...but in the spirit of the thread - please give us a plan that provides some optimism SISU

@richh87

If you are a supporter just support the club irrespective of the owner. Simple really, you can't force SISU to leave by not going all its doing is damaging our chances of getting out of this league which we all want.

SISU have treated everyone with too much contempt for people to pay to watch shite football.

They need to entertain people to get them back - over to you SISU.

Edit* today was a good start by all accounts.

Sick Boy

Agreed.

The reason we don't hear these long term plans is that SISU know we don't want to hear:

"the plan is to sue everyone in sight until we run out of appeals - then we liquidate and return every penny we can to our investors"...

...but in the spirit of the thread - please give us a plan that provides some optimism SISU

Perhaps they deserve a bit of credit for fianlly listening to the fans and bringing in Mowbray as manager. The doom and gloom merchanta informed us that he wouldn't stick round because SISU didn't want to pay the money to keep him here.

If you are actively not supporting the club then do you have a right to complain? It seems all you want to do is promote negativity.

Sick Boy

Yes I would love to see us actually build a new stadium. Sadly we will never know who insisted on the deal. Perhaps that is all that was on offer; maybe it wasnt but sadly we will never actually know.

@richh87

Perhaps they deserve a bit of credit for fianlly listening to the fans and bringing in Mowbray as manager. The doom and gloom merchanta informed us that he wouldn't stick round because SISU didn't want to pay the money to keep him here.

If you are actively not supporting the club then do you have a right to complain? It seems all you want to do is promote negativity.

SISU do deserve credit for Mowbray staying - I don't know how they pulled it off. The problem I have is that some people seem to have forgiven the huge list of things SISU have done wrong, many of which are plain immoral.

The financial fair play rules came in at the perfect time for SISU, because the fans can now be blamed for us not buying players due to lack of ticket sales.

SISU have seen the potential crowds they could bring in if they entertain and challenge in the league. There are thousands of supporters out there just like me, who are saying "come on, I've gone to games for 20 years and been given nothing to cheer about - now it's turn for the owners to give me a reason to part with my cash".

I hope that we can challenge for the playoffs, but I'm sure it'll take reinforcements in the forward areas - SISU need to show they're serious.

oucho

Frankly I would rather wallow in the lower leagues than succeed under SISU, not that the latter is likely. Their conduct has been unforgivable. I don't care about the football any more, jusrt want them out

@richh87

Frankly I would rather wallow in the lower leagues than succeed under SISU, not that the latter is likely. Their conduct has been unforgivable. I don't care about the football any more, jusrt want them out

That's the thing - SISU have treated ALL of us with such contempt that it becomes personal, and stops being about football.

Some people can swallow their pride and keep giving SISU money for bottom half League 1 football, but others want to get them out at all costs.

I'm in the latter group. I would rather we we started all over again in non league and fan owned, because we're all being held to ransom.

M&B Stand

Then you are a bit of a div

hill83

That's the thing - SISU have treated ALL of us with such contempt that it becomes personal, and stops being about football.

Some people can swallow their pride and keep giving SISU money for bottom half League 1 football, but others want to get them out at all costs.

I'm in the latter group. I would rather we we started all over again in non league and fan owned, because we're all being held to ransom.

That sounds horrendous.

@richh87

Then you are a bit of a div

It's understandable to hate SISU that much though to be fair.

They took OUR football club to Northampton, not because they had to, but because they wanted the Ricoh to go bust for their own financial gain.

They didn't care about the fans one bit.

stupot07

Not so sure about a joint affair, but we certainly should at least get our foot firmly in the door.

The ultimate aim of all Coventrarians should surely be to get Wasps out of the Ricoh and out of our city and back as close to London as is humanly possible.

And it will never be a joint affair as wasps own the ground and we merely rent the pitch 23 days of the year and we will never (unless wasps fail) get access to the revenue we need to move forward beyond this league. We know the finances work in league one but not in the championship. All CCFC fans should be boycotting wasps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

hill83

I guess I just want a club I can support again Hill. I can't support this one with them in charge.

Your choice, all sounds a bit too emotional for me though. It's football.

@richh87

And it will never be a joint affair as wasps own the ground and we merely rent the pitch 23 days of the year and we will never (unless wasps fail) get access to the revenue we need to move forward beyond this league. We know the finances work in league one but not in the championship. All CCFC fans should be boycotting wasps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Our future is screwed really isn't it! Wasps are doing so well that they'll never leave.

@richh87

Your choice, all sounds a bit too emotional for me though. It's football.

That's probably a healthier outlook. I just can't separate the two things so don't want to give SISU money after all they've done.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Why is it personal? Do you think SISU see it as personal, no just business to them.

Its not personal to me either, for me its just football. I mostly enjoy going and some people that I will never speak to or meet in my life won't stop me going.

In any other part of life, you wouldn't stop going somewhere because you didn't like the new owner or someone on the board. I wouldn't stop going to Tesco because I didn't lik the new ceo or stop going to my favourite cinema because someone I didn't like who bought the company.

The way some people talk you would think by going to the match you have to personally shake Tim Fishers hand and tell him what a great job he is doing.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

That's probably a healthier outlook. I just can't separate the two things so don't want to give SISU money after all they've done.

You don't give money to SISU it goes to the club.

Why do people have this idea that all fans cash goes into SISU backpockets and that they are somehow making a fortune by fleecing the fans?

@richh87

Why is it personal? Do you think SISU see it as personal, no just business to them.

Its not personal to me either, for me its just football. I mostly enjoy going and some people that I will never speak to or meet in my life won't stop me going.

In any other part of life, you wouldn't stop going somewhere because you didn't like the new owner or someone on the board. I wouldn't stop going to Tesco because I didn't like the new ceo or stop going to my favourite cinema because someone I didn't like bought the company.

The way some people talk you would think by going to the match you have to personally shake Tim Fishers hand and tell him what a great job he is doing.

Perhaps not, but if Tesco stopped selling good quality products to save costs and made it so that your nearest supermarket was in Northampton you'd probably have a moan

@richh87

You don't give money to SISU it goes to the club.

Why do people have this idea that all fans cash goes into SISU backpockets and that they are somehow making a fortune by fleecing the fans?

I don't think they're making anything, but I think they are the worst owners we have ever had.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Perhaps not, but if Tesco stopped selling good quality products to save costs and made it so that your nearest supermarket was in Northampton you'd probably have a moan

I would moan, but it still wouldn't stop me going to Tesco if they then opened a new store in Coventry and I considered it good value for money. And I have moaned about SISU but it doesn't stop me attending matches.

If you don't want to go because you don't consider £11 a game as good value for money or the football isn't a high enough quality then that is a different choice which everyone has to make, personally I think it is good value for money. But don't let your decision be just let it be just because you don't like the owners.

Last edited:

M&B Stand

I guess I just want a club I can support again Hill. I can't support this one with them in charge.

I don't think they're making anything, but I think they are the worst owners we have ever had.

what if you don't like the next owners?

you're probably better finding a new club to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread