Surely Time to Bury the Hatchet (3 Viewers)

Grendel

Over the years since relegation from the Premier League 90% of the days have been bad. The good days have been so few and far between.

Today was one of those rare good days. Some inspired performances, some strong leadership, a real strategy from the management and an overall feeling of optimism. No one would have left thinking they had not enjoyed the day.

The crowd were unified and positive. There was a strong atmosphere and a desire to succeed.

The forum is deluged with negativity. This surely has to end. We have no hope of new owners. Now at least the club looks to be thinking like a football club. We have the most experienced and best manager in the league and he has his backroom staff.

Surely the fans need now to give this a go. The worst thing to happen is the crowds drop for the next two less glamorous games. That would send a very negative message. Time for fans to give it a go.

The club needs committed owners but needs fans to show commitment as well. Its a critical season and fans need to play their part.

Samo

Over the years since relegation from the Premier League 90% of the days have been bad. The good days have been so few and far between.

Today was one of those rare good days. Some inspired performances, some strong leadership, a real strategy from the management and an overall feeling of optimism. No one would have left thinking they had not enjoyed the day.

The crowd were unified and positive. There was a strong atmosphere and a desire to succeed.

The forum is deluged with negativity. This surely has to end. We have no hope of new owners. Now at least the club looks to be thinking like a football club. We have the most experienced and best manager in the league and he has his backroom staff.

Surely the fans need now to give this a go. The worst thing to happen is the crowds drop for the next two less glamorous games. That would send a very negative message. Time for fans to give it a go.

The club needs committed owners but needs fans to show commitment as well. Its a critical season and fans need to play their part.

Couldn't agree more, it's time to let it go.

ccfclinney

Very much agree with this !! Winning football will get the fans back! Some off the link up played was quality today. Mowbray is a proper manager and says it how it is ! Also thought the ref had a very good game today which isn't usually the case at this standard !!

Jackoskyblue

There was a change in attitude today from us fans, willing the players on no moaning if something didn't come off just applause for the effort. We can inspire this team to greatness

st john

Agree
Where are we ATM?
Obviously have a competitive team, having just beaten the favourites.
One of the best managers in this league.
Money to spend on strengthening.
I would bet there are a lot of teams who wish they were in our position tonight.

kg82

Very much agree with this !! Winning football will get the fans back! Some off the link up played was quality today. Mowbray is a proper manager and says it how it is ! Also thought the ref had a very good game today which isn't usually the case at this standard !!

I'd agree, apart from the Vincelot yellow card! That should've been our free kick!

wingy

Looked a bit of an old codger didn't he.
I agree with Grendal on this.
Said It when that lad posted on here about holding some meetings to find a way forward last season, simple choice either with or against, there Is currently nothing to be achieved through being against.
Nothing wrong a certain level of scepticism but huge things are at risk for the football club If current financial targets and better aren't met.

stay_up_skyblues

Agree totally with the sentiment. It's one game though, hopefully they keep this up. Id watch us lose and still cheer if we play like that.

Terry Gibson's perm

I'd agree, apart from the Vincelot yellow card! That should've been our free kick!

I thought the ref made a couple of howlers and the Vincelot yellow card was madness, Junior who was booked for encroachment should have been booked on the free kick before as he was about a yard away when taken so should have been sent off.

Sterling Archer

Agree with the sentiment but after reading these forums for a few years now, I think we all unfortunately realise after a defeat or a poor bit of form it will go back to the 'negativity brigade' and those who turn every single thread into an anti SISU diatribe, who shout the loudest. Would love to be proved wrong.

Atmosphere around the Ricoh was great today, so many happy faces leaving that ground and talking positively about the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

Looked a bit of an old codger didn't he.
I agree with Grendal on this.
Said It when that lad posted on here about holding some meetings to find a way forward last season, simple choice either with or against, there Is currently nothing to be achieved through being against.
Nothing wrong a certain level of scepticism but huge things are at risk for the football club If current financial targets and better aren't met.

Depends in what way 'burying the hatchet' is meant.

In terms of the team if it does well then yes of course. But then, even if it does badly if the players are trying their best, it seems harsh to turn against them either - surely when it comes to the team we can all agree we want to will them on to success, and that should never be divisive? If it's a 'bury the hatchet because the club has been told it has to support itself, and the team deserves its support' then sure, why not? No possible reason why not.

But there are still underlying club / owner and more issues that won't go away, and there will be times and events that rear their head throughout this season and beyond. If the team does well, that doesn't automatically mean all is rosy, and it doesn't mean that criticism shouldn't be meeted out if deserved. We can't bury our heads in the sand about the very real dangers and difficulties either.

Surely, however, both can be split? Don't we, after all, all want to watch a winning fun team even if it's despite our owners, rather than because of them? Isn't there a big difference between encouraging players who have no control over off-field matters, and accepting situations that are uncomfortable and less than ideal?

wingy

In terms of the team if it does well then yes of course. But then, even if it does badly if the players are trying their best, it seems harsh to turn against them either - surely when it comes to the team we can all agree we want to will them on to success, and that should never be divisive? If it's a 'bury the hatchet because the club has been told it has to support itself, and the team deserves its support' then sure, why not? No possible reason why not.

But there are still underlying club / owner and more issues that won't go away, and there will be times and events that rear their head throughout this season and beyond. If the team does well, that doesn't automatically mean all is rosy, and it doesn't mean that criticism shouldn't be meeted out if deserved. We can't bury our heads in the sand about the very real dangers and difficulties either.

Surely, however, both can be split? Don't we, after all, all want to watch a winning fun team even if it's despite our owners, rather than because of them? Isn't there a big difference between encouraging players who have no control over off-field matters, and accepting situations that are uncomfortable and less than ideal?

Couldn't agree more.

Grendel

The problem is that there is an undercurrent of negativity and almost a desire for failure so the owners can be lambasted.

The stance by some is far too extreme and if you took an absurd optimistic stance and said they would get promoted twice in succession I suspect some genuinely would rather that did not happen with the present owners

Macca

Quite frankly I would think that given the importance of success in the world of the modern fan they would take 2 promotions with the BNP in charge of the club let alone SISU

NorthernWisdom

The problem is that there is an undercurrent of negativity and almost a desire for failure so the owners can be lambasted.

The stance by some is far too extreme and if you took an absurd optimistic stance and said they would get promoted twice in succession I suspect some genuinely would rather that did not happen with the present owners

You raise Blackpool at times however, and they're an apt comparison about now. I'd love us to win promotion, I really would. Much, indeed, as Blackpool fans undoubtedly loved their season in the top flight.

I fear that in the current situation it'd be the blip before we reverted to type, as the foundations just ain't there. It'd be equally absurd to give praise to owners for winning us promotion really, as the club's still a mess.

As it happens, I await the pleasant surprise of promotion, but don't expect it ;) However, uncomfortable as it is, I also believe the city (be it people, governance, whatever) is in no position to set up a replacement team if this one goes pop so... much as I was delighted when the Northampton season saw us stay up because I feared the worst if we went down, I'd rather we increase our profile as much as possible to give us more hope of survival, and a change down the line. In that sense, encouragement of the players is the only way, whether they win or lose.

There's also a big difference between saying that I think Fleck's overrated on a message board, and encouraging him during a game. Personally I never see the point in booing players during a match, after maybe. But during all you do is create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

But... is it negative to hope for a win in the next game, but be braced in advance for the next crisis?

Grendel

Quite frankly I would think that given the importance of success in the world of the modern fan they would take 2 promotions with the BNP in charge of the club let alone SISU

SBK and Blueflint wouldn't. Nor would the hierarchy of the Sky Blue Trust. Joe Elliot will have a migraine.

NorthernWisdom

SBK and Blueflint wouldn't. Nor would the hierarchy of the Sky Blue Trust. Joe Elliot will have a migraine.

The Trust board will be changing soon, so suely a time there too, to bury the hatchet if you have grievances?

I may not always agree with current members of the Trust board, but I can safely say that in my opinion, at least, they're motivated as much if not more by a desire to see the club succeed. Now, we may all differ in what we think's misguided or not, but I do think they deserve some credit for stepping back during the difficult times, and not waging outright war.

And I do think in the general keeping fans together, some deserve credit for attempting to keep their personal views dampened publicly for the greater good.

So... how about burying the hatchet there, too? At least until board elections are upon us and done and dusted?

Bill Glazier

Look, I'm staggered any of us still supports the club after decades of decline, and Sisu deseve nothing but sneering contempt for the way they tried (and pathetically failed) to greedily wrest the ground from its owners, but things are looking up! !PUSB

italiahorse

So we can agree that Sisu are forgiven now and the JR is just something going nowhere and will blow out ?
Also, the Ricoh is our home and we can now all work with Wasps to make it a joint affair.
We can certainly agree we have the makings of a team and a few additions will give us flexibility in tactics and for injuries.
The council and Higgs are out the equation so we don't need to mention them again.

Oh yea I now have my away shirt so Mr Waggott can get on with running the club.
Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:

Astute

I thought it was a bit strange you mentioning about burying the hatchet :(

Grendel

I thought it was a bit strange you mentioning about burying the hatchet :(

Some people want the club to fail under Sisu so they can stick two fingers up. SBK claims he has the support of 15,000 who will not attend - as I am Mr Estimated Fact I have to take his word for this - I am sure you do as well

westendunited

Those who insist on staying away whilst sisu are at the helm are creating more harm than good. Sometimes you have to override principle.

italiahorse

Those who insist on staying away whilst sisu are at the helm are creating more harm than good. Sometimes you have to override principle.

It's all about the football.
If we are winning on the pitch then Sisu, CCC, Wasps, Ricoh, ACL will not be given a second thought.

Otis

So we can agree that Sisu are forgiven now and the JR is just something going nowhere and will blow out ?
Also, the Ricoh is our home and we can now all work with Wasps to make it a joint affair.
We can certainly agree we have the makings of a team and a few additions will give us flexibility in tactics and for injuries.
The council and Higgs are out the equation so we don't need to mention them again.

Oh yea I now have my away shirt so Mr Waggott can get on with running the club.
Onwards and upwards.

Not so sure about a joint affair, but we certainly should at least get our foot firmly in the door.

The ultimate aim of all Coventrarians should surely be to get Wasps out of the Ricoh and out of our city and back as close to London as is humanly possible.

Kingokings204

It's amazing what winning football does for crap owners or landlords or whatever.

Winning football always wins.

italiahorse

Not so sure about a joint affair, but we certainly should at least get our foot firmly in the door.

The ultimate aim of all Coventrarians should surely be to get Wasps out of the Ricoh and out of our city and back as close to London as is humanly possible.

Then the fight will go on as Wasps are staying for a while.
Not from Coventry so perhaps not as vocal as some.

shmmeee

Club should be backed right now. They are listening, the team is shaping up nicely and in Mogga we trust.

Still outstanding questions on the long term plan though. And on the stadium plans particularly pressure should be kept up. Let's not forget that we come to the end of the two year part of our deal at the end of the season and only have am option for the next two AFAIK. So that's a pretty important question. But that aside, I think they've been spot on in everything from ticket pricing to match day changes so far and that should be recognised.

Hobo

The fans can make this club. It doesn't matter whether you are a season ticket holder or whether you haven't been since SISU arrived...are you a Sky Blues fan in your heart? Let's start being proud of the fact and proud of our history and proud of Coventry as a City.

We have a young side representing us, so let's stand together beside them. Time for a vociferous siege mentality inside and outside the ground, help create the feelgood factor and be proud to be a Sky Blues fan.

Wheelfass

The fans can make this club. It doesn't matter whether you are a season ticket holder or whether you haven't been since SISU arrived...are you a Sky Blues fan in your heart? Let's start being proud of the fact and proud of our history and proud of Coventry as a City.

We have a young side representing us, so let's stand together beside them. Time for a vociferous siege mentality inside and outside the ground, help create the feelgood factor and be proud to be a Sky Blues fan.
Good post Hobo.

skybluericoh

Don't have a hatchet to bury as far as the team goes. SISU a very different matter, they are still yielding a hatchet around and until they stop I will not forgive or forget.

The only way they get me back is by stopping suing every man and his dog that doesn't roll over. That includes fans- remember the fire prof banners! No it is not time to bury the hatchet!!

letsallsingtogether

Some people want the club to fail under Sisu so they can stick two fingers up. SBK claims he has the support of 15,000 who will not attend - as I am Mr Estimated Fact I have to take his word for this - I am sure you do as well

So the trust want to see the club fail?
Funny you talk about unity then attack the trust and JE so I suppose you are not ready to do as you preach.
I for one will not forgive these owners because of one win, if we get promoted out of this awful league then who knows?

PUSB

Users who are viewing this thread