Surely Time to Bury the Hatchet (3 Viewers)

hill83

Plus, not knowing who we've signed or loaned is infinitely more funny to point out. Post it again I missed it the first two times.

Sky Blue Kid

As opposed to those that DO go to games that spout shite. You sure you and the self confessed fan of "Superior Football Knowledge CCFC" are not related?.... He says all ticket sales go to the Football Club now that they are "Self Sufficient". Let's see how many new players are bought to make the team better. My guess is fuck all will be spent on players to improve the team, and will be left to TM to "Loan" fringe or even reserve/Academy players, while excess money will go on "Interest payments on the millions of pounds loaned to CCFC".... Anything up to £120m so we've been led to believe.
@ Chubby Cops........ Ooooooooopppppsssss

NorthernWisdom

So you agree a new stadium is paramount.

It was such a stupid deal. Killed the enthusiasm of coming back. But worst of all it was so obvious that there were no plans to have a stadium ready. A more cynical guys would say it's about time for court cases, but I don't think even they are that stupid. Just good old fashioned poor planning it seems to me.

Anyway, in the spirit of the thread, it's not how we got here that matters it's where we go from here and we need details about our long term future.

OK, so I made the mistake of reading past page 2.

Anyway yes, absolutely. Isn't it slightly unnerving that we could have a 46 game winning season this year... and be homeless at theend of it?

And therein lies why team and clu b have to be split in hatchet burying.

Sky Blue Kid

His estimated fact doesn't either - given that every fact he ever quotes he gets wrong!
How many of your "Estimated Facts" have gone down the shitter then eh? Micheal Doyle wage for instance, "Estimated Transfer Fee Factsfrom a few years ago?" On the subject, would you like to share with us your "Estimated Transfer Fee Fact" about how much Mr Vincelot cost us? I'm jumping with anticipation waiting.

skybluericoh

Why is it personal? Do you think SISU see it as personal, no just business to them.

Its not personal to me either, for me its just football. I mostly enjoy going and some people that I will never speak to or meet in my life won't stop me going.

In any other part of life, you wouldn't stop going somewhere because you didn't like the new owner or someone on the board. I wouldn't stop going to Tesco because I didn't lik the new ceo or stop going to my favourite cinema because someone I didn't like who bought the company.

The way some people talk you would think by going to the match you have to personally shake Tim Fishers hand and tell him what a great job he is doing.
CCFC I've not seen anyone saying to anyone else 'don't go' it's personal choice. The club I supported for 40+ years has been hijack by a hedge fund who are behaving in a way that I cannot condone so I will not assist them. Much in the same way as sky sports have ruined footballing you opinion, so I choose not to subscribe to them. Don't care or mind if others do but in the same vein I don't expect them to have a go about my choice

skybluericoh

CCFC I've not seen anyone saying to anyone else 'don't go' it's personal choice. The club I supported for 40+ years has been hijack by a hedge fund who are behaving in a way that I cannot condone so I will not assist them. Much in the same way as sky sports have ruined footballing in my opinion, so I choose not to subscribe to them. Don't care or mind if others do but in the same vein I don't expect them to have a go about my choice

skybluericoh

CCFC I've not seen anyone saying to anyone else 'don't go' it's personal choice. The club I supported for 40+ years has been hijack by a hedge fund who are behaving in a way that I cannot condone so I will not assist them. Much in the same way as sky sports have ruined footballing in myopinion, so I choose not to subscribe to them. Don't care or mind if others do but in the same vein I don't expect them to have a go about my choice

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Over the years since relegation from the Premier League 90% of the days have been bad. The good days have been so few and far between.

Today was one of those rare good days. Some inspired performances, some strong leadership, a real strategy from the management and an overall feeling of optimism. No one would have left thinking they had not enjoyed the day.

The crowd were unified and positive. There was a strong atmosphere and a desire to succeed.

The forum is deluged with negativity. This surely has to end. We have no hope of new owners. Now at least the club looks to be thinking like a football club. We have the most experienced and best manager in the league and he has his backroom staff.

Surely the fans need now to give this a go. The worst thing to happen is the crowds drop for the next two less glamorous games. That would send a very negative message. Time for fans to give it a go.

The club needs committed owners but needs fans to show commitment as well. Its a critical season and fans need to play their part.

I see it slightly differently but same general direction to end up in the same place as Grendel in so far as the team goes. Time to concentrate on the football ........ its well over due. As such never had an axe to grind or bury with the team, TM etc. We should all just get out there and support the team in whatever way we can. It is after all the only way we can affect anything at CCFC, especially as the football side is very dependent on the £'s in our pocket.

I will retain a healthy scepticism as far as the owners go, cant say I will begin trusting their actions just because the team is showing decent promise. But none of us can affect what SISU choose to do, we cant affect the court cases or when they choose to sell up - we never have been able to. Cant argue with making the club self sufficient though, been advocating that for years

It would be good to have a season of players, manager coaches & fans together as THE TEAM

So yes get behind the team, concentrate on that .......... you never know where it might lead...... park the off field stuff

letsallsingtogether

Vincelot, Ricketts, Armstrong, Lameras, Morris

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

But how much extra did they spend for these players?
We have just replaced some of the players we have let go.
Can't actually see the wage bill being any bigger.

So is it real term investment in the team?
IMHO I would say no because if they had really invested in the club then maybe TM would have got some of his first or second choise players in.

But if they perform every week then hay fairplay on the cheap will do, so long as we invest when we get promoted at the end of the season☺PUSB

Grendel

I see it slightly differently but same general direction to end up in the same place as Grendel in so far as the team goes. Time to concentrate on the football ........ its well over due. As such never had an axe to grind or bury with the team, TM etc. We should all just get out there and support the team in whatever way we can. It is after all the only way we can affect anything at CCFC, especially as the football side is very dependent on the £'s in our pocket.

I will retain a healthy scepticism as far as the owners go, cant say I will begin trusting their actions just because the team is showing decent promise. But none of us can affect what SISU choose to do, we cant affect the court cases or when they choose to sell up - we never have been able to. Cant argue with making the club self sufficient though, been advocating that for years

It would be good to have a season of players, manager coaches & fans together as THE TEAM

So yes get behind the team, concentrate on that .......... you never know where it might lead...... park the off field stuff

I don't argue with being sceptical. The long (or even short medium) term looks perilous. More week needs also to be done on the playing side to get a competitive squad and there is really no hope of success in the league above with the clubs structure.

I think you were of the same opinion as me that Mowbray wouldn't stay. I'm amazed he has and that the club have given him the back room set up he wanted. He wouldn't have been short of offers at this level so must have seen something worth committing to.

There's, as you say, zero chance of changing the ownership. So it's really just a case of joining Mowbray in his belief and going for it for the season.

Nothing to lose really.

ccfc92

I don't argue with being sceptical. The long (or even short medium) term looks perilous. More week needs also to be done on the playing side to get a competitive squad and there is really no hope of success in the league above with the clubs structure.

I think you were of the same opinion as me that Mowbray wouldn't stay. I'm amazed he has and that the club have given him the back room set up he wanted. He wouldn't have been short of offers at this level so must have seen something worth committing to.

There's, as you say, zero chance of changing the ownership. So it's really just a case of joining Mowbray in his belief and going for it for the season.

Nothing to lose really.

Agreed, 100%.

What would you say the aim should be, over the next 2 years, promotion still? And try and hang on in championship?

SkyBlue_Bear83

CCFC I've not seen anyone saying to anyone else 'don't go' it's personal choice. The club I supported for 40+ years has been hijack by a hedge fund who are behaving in a way that I cannot condone so I will not assist them. Much in the same way as sky sports have ruined footballing you opinion, so I choose not to subscribe to them. Don't care or mind if others do but in the same vein I don't expect them to have a go about my choice
As a Coventry supporter I want more people to go and feel it is my duty as a supporter to try and persuade others to go. Sorry if you don't like me pushing my pro Coventry City Football Club agenda on a ccfc forum.

chiefdave

What would you say the aim should be, over the next 2 years, promotion still? And try and hang on in championship?

I'd take top half this year and then promotion next year. After that it will be a case of trying to hang on and I do wonder if that could cause long term damage. If we're being run as self sufficient how many seasons of hanging on in the championship would it be before there were a lot of complaints that not enough money was being put in?

ccfc92

As a Coventry supporter I want more people to go and feel it is my duty as a supporter to try and persuade others to go. Sorry if you don't like me pushing my pro Coventry City Football Club agenda on a ccfc forum.

I believe if SISU keep their word regarding investment/backing for TM etc, there'll be a lot more there next season.

It'll just take time for the bridges to be re-built, unfortunately.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Agreed, 100%.

Yea get promoted and then just aim to stay in the championship as long as possible, with a good manager in Mowbray and good recruitment and club structure it should be possible to outperform our budget and stay up. Just aim to stay in the championship as long as possible and hope we get a lucky season.

hill83

Agreed, 100%.

It's got to be Champions League in 4 years. Think big. Then maybe even the World Cup after that. And Wimbledon.

Ashdown

I think that you need to get out on the streets of the City with placards and loudspeakers if you want to make a difference...............you are preaching to the already converted on here, there are only a couple of genuine NOPM's I think.

Johhny Blue

I'd take top half this year and then promotion next year. After that it will be a case of trying to hang on and I do wonder if that could cause long term damage. If we're being run as self sufficient how many seasons of hanging on in the championship would it be before there were a lot of complaints that not enough money was being put in?

Promotion next year would be fitting to celebrate 50 yrs since our last promotion (I was there) and 30 yrs since the FA cup win.

Paxman II

I was always clear TM would stay and take the job if offered. It is clear after one game the guy is a cut above the opposition in coaching ability. His tactics were spot on v Wigan and he was willing to change formation as the game developed. His pre match assessment played out before our eyes like he had a crystal ball. Too much praise? Well maybe it is and too early to judge. What we need is to back him and the team as he builds what he wants within his constraints. If he can get it 75% the way he wants we will have a good chance of promotion - a word he has consistently mentioned from the start. So the expectancy has been there at the moment he took control.
SISU have their demons but it's clear they have adjusted and got the house back into some order and from that they may well start getting the benefit. I hope so because the only way to see them leave and get bigger investment suitors in is to have a little success short term, like a promotion and be on an upward spiral. The stadium issue will resurface soon enough and if we are in a stronger position in the championship or dare I say vying for the premier league then there will be a new deal with WASP somewhere in that mix.

Users who are viewing this thread