Supporters Forum groups pledge Ricoh Arena deal support (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Yes shame that.
They fucked up big time bringing in Sisu.
All you can think is they must have spun some good shit.

They also pissed off the Manhattan Group who said they were impossible to deal with

chiefdave

They also pissed off the Manhattan Group who said they were impossible to deal with
There was another group, don't think it was Manhattan, who the Telegraph reported at the time came out of a meeting with the council, got on a plane and were never heard from again!

7 prospective owners and the council puts off everyone but SISU, thanks for that.

NortonSkyBlue

I don't see why the trust is being vilified for doing something to change the situation we are in yet the rest are applauded for keeping the status quo.
If things stay as they are we don't have a ground.
Doing nothing is not an option in my opinion.
Club or no club in future I would want to go down trying to do something rather than putting out a statement saying we are united in wanting a settlement.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I don't see why the trust is being vilified for doing something to change the situation we are in yet the rest are applauded for keeping the status quo.
Club or no club in future I would want to go down trying to do something rather than putting out a statement saying we are united in wanting a settlement.
Because like it or not SISU are not going to stop the legals.

in desperation you’ve got to go down the link and Attack anyone. For some reason the Trust would rather the club fold then go after wasps or the council or anyone else.

Nobody is advocating forgetting SISU, but given the time constraints, we need to implore whoever to get a deal ASAP.

clint van damme

In the short term the best we can hope for is another season long rental deal and short term survival.

Why would anyone who supports CCFC be against that.
It doesn't detract from the longer term objective of ownership change.
The amount of so called city supporters who would be happy for the club to be collateral damage if it means getting rid of sisu is incredible.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

In the short term the best we can hope for is another season long rental deal and short term survival.

The amount of so called city supporters who would be happy for the club to be collateral damage if it means getting rid of sisu is incredible.
The problem is the misguided view that the FL would take the golden share and Coventry city from SISU and give it to someone else.

The reality is, we’ll lose our membership and fold as a club

chiefdave

Because they aren't doing something to change the situation unless you think them refusing to put their name to this statement is going to make SISU stop legal action.

Liquid Gold

I think we should be contacting the football league asking what their position will be if City can't agree a deal in Coventry. If they say club disappears it might sharpen some minds.

I'll send an email on my own - [email protected] - but it would have been nice for the Trust to be doing this publicly instead of random fans though.

Nick

Administrator
I think we should be contacting the football league asking what their position will be if City can't agree a deal in Coventry. If they say club disappears it might sharpen some minds.
I think it will make people think they can kill the club off and take over what's left.

Liquid Gold

I think it will make people think they can kill the club off and take over what's left.

A sensible fan group would be putting out information to clarify minds, things like if we go bust there is no club to take over, the FA cup was won by a club that no longer exists (they won't because they harbour ownership ambitions), none of people's ticket money goes to Sisu (they won't because people will see them as supporting Sisu).

We've been divided for too long, signing from the same hymn sheet would be nice for a change.

chiefdave

A sensible fan group would be putting out information to clarify minds, things like if we go bust there is no club to take over, the FA cup was won by a club that no longer exists (they won't because they harbour ownership ambitions), none of people's ticket money goes to Sisu (they won't because people will see them as supporting Sisu).

We've been divided for too long, signing from the same hymn sheet would be nice for a change.
The trust doing some myth-busting was suggested on here a while back but members of the trust board took the piss on twitter and said the forum wasn't representative of the fan base.

Covstu

I don’t think club or no club is an option! There can only be a club, we cannot let our club die in any form. We have had bits chipped away for years now but all parties need to step up to the plate to protect our future

Covstu

Surely some kind of petition would be a good start to push the FL and related parties to kick start some action. We should be able to get 10k respondents and there gives the Trust a bit of credibility in trying to be a major player in these discussions. They just don’t want to doing anything apart from a few lazy sound bites

Covstu

It’s the only option on the table at present in my opinion. Gives all parties breathing space to have more detailed discussions

NortonSkyBlue

I would like to do something rather than just critic
I don’t think club or no club is an option! There can only be a club, we cannot let our club die in any form. We have had bits chipped away for years now but all parties need to step up to the plate to protect our future
Agreed but why leave it to others?
I think it's time to step up.

steve82

I'll send an email on my own - [email protected] - but it would have been nice for the Trust to be doing this publicly instead of random fans though.

Might be laughed off at the suggestion but maybe it’s worth a handful of us putting it to Jim White of Sky sports who has his talk sport radio slot who has spoken to TF a few times previously on it.

Maybe he could ask the questions to the FA gaining wider coverage with a higher profile figure helping highlight our issue.

Just a suggestion

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
The trust doing some myth-busting was suggested on here a while back but members of the trust board took the piss on twitter and said the forum wasn't representative of the fan base.

The answer to that was some of the board members to sit liking the exact type of Twitter accounts that are misleading on purpose.

Ashdown

Maybe all the football club representatives and hierarchy could put out a big message in all local and National media that the 'SISU legal action is not in our name ' !! They might be asked to leave though !

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Maybe all the football club representatives and hierarchy could put out a big message in all local and National media that the 'SISU legal action is not in our name ' !! They might be asked to leave though !
Again, They Could do but I doubt Joy is going to say “you know what Tim and Dave, you’re right! We should stop”

SISU are not going to stop the legal action, I’d hazard a guess that us going bust would suit them in all fairness. Rightly or wrongly they’ll probably sue even further in the civil courts, arguing that the council and Wasps have led to the end of company trading

chiefdave

Wasps stated that the ultimatum was final and non negotiable. Why do you think that was wasn't the case?
Because it wasn't when they said the same thing last year.

It is purely their decision, they can choose to offer a new deal or not. There is nothing preventing them from offering a new deal other than them not wishing to do so. Therefore it is perfectly possible for them to change their minds as they did last year.

I would suggest that Wasps changing their stance is the most likely route to having somewhere to play next season and therefore the best option for any efforts by the fanbase aimed at resolving the deadlock.

NortonSkyBlue

Because it wasn't when they said the same thing last year.

It is purely their decision, they can choose to offer a new deal or not. There is nothing preventing them from offering a new deal other than them not wishing to do so. Therefore it is perfectly possible for them to change their minds as they did last year.

I would suggest that Wasps changing their stance is the most likely route to having somewhere to play next season and therefore the best option for any efforts by the fanbase aimed at resolving the deadlock.
I agree that the most likely route is Wasps revisiting their stance.
I believe that Wasps are the key and unlocking that door is the question that needs to be addressed.

NortonSkyBlue

Didn't you also take Dale Evans seriously though and accuse Otis of attacking him for pointing out his lies?
Nick, if that was the case you would have put up all the quotes to prove your point.
Re the Dale Evans scenario I couldn't believe the bile aimed at him without evidence and felt that time would tell whether he was the saviour or a naughty boy and it turned out he was a fantasist.

Nick

Administrator
Nick, if that was the case you would have put up all the quotes to prove your point.
Re the Dale Evans scenario I couldn't believe the bile aimed at him without evidence and felt that time would tell whether he was the saviour or a naughty boy and it turned out he was a fantasist.

Yeah, people pointed out his contradictions and why he was full of shit. - Dale Evans .......

It's about not going all in with things and having things either black or white. It's not shout at Wasps OR SISU OR the Council, they are all pricks.

It's strange that as soon as there is a tiny bit of pressure potentially going in one direction about a lie they told a fans group would want to stop that.

Users who are viewing this thread