Supporters Forum groups pledge Ricoh Arena deal support (2 Viewers)

chiefdave

The Trust are beyond a joke now, we're at a point where they are actively harming our chances of having a football club next season. I posted earlier, as did others, that the trust would rather the club ceased to exist than put the slightest bit of pressure on anyone other than SISU and CJ denied it, only for the trust to then release a statement that confirms what I said.

If I was CJ, who I am certain is trying his best and is very well intentioned, I would resign. You're clearly pissing in the wind.

chiefdave

Oh, the riff is done on purpose.

The Trust didnt seem too keen on putting this twat and his other accounts straight with facts who is going out of his way to mislead and divide, I wonder why that could be? (By Trust, I mean everybody bar CJ who I know is very busy at the minute who was unfairly left to reply while the others sat about liking everything each other said).

Interesting to see the accounts fisherbaiter follows and the likes & retweets he's given out.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I can’t be dealing with PSBgroup - argued with him before, he chats crap, and when you give him facts he reverts to you being a sisu lover and starts insulting you.

If he’s on the trust board god help them, hasn’t got a brain cell to spare

chiefdave

I can’t be dealing with PSBgroup - argued with him before, he chats crap, and when you give him facts he reverts to you being a sisu lover and starts insulting you.

If he’s on the trust board god help them, hasn’t got a brain cell to spare
From what I can make out Supporters Direct told the trust he was too extreme and hence the JHW was formed yet there is clearly very little separation.

It was almost comical at the event the Trust held regarding fan ownership. You had supporters direct and the chap from Pompey talking about how vital it was to maintain a good relationship with the club and not to just be a protest group followed by him, who for some reason was a speaker at the event, going on a SISU out rant.

Nick

Administrator
From what I can make out Supporters Direct told the trust he was too extreme and hence the JHW was formed yet there is clearly very little separation.

It was almost comical at the event the Trust held regarding fan ownership. You had supporters direct and the chap from Pompey talking about how vital it was to maintain a good relationship with the club and not to just be a protest group followed by him, who for some reason was a speaker at the event, going on a SISU out rant.
That's Jimmy hill way, not psb!

Do remember the meeting though, like any other constructive advice it was completely ignored

chiefdave

That's Jimmy hill way, not psb!

Do remember the meeting though, like any other constructive advice it was completely ignored
Can't keep up, there's too many of them. Exactly the problem with the 'if you don't like it start your own group' attitude. End up with loads of groups, none of which are big enough to do anything, that just confuse people.

Liquid Gold

Can't keep up, there's too many of them. Exactly the problem with the 'if you don't like it start your own group' attitude. End up with loads of groups, none of which are big enough to do anything, that just confuse people.
If you don't like the groups set your own anti group group up and fight for closure of the other groups so your group is the only group.

chiefdave

Looking forward to some trust events on Saturday afternoons next season.

We can all sit around talking about how we haven't got a football team anymore but we really showed SISU while Joy is sat in her mansion not giving us a second thought.

Liquid Gold

Would suit Sisu's argument in court no end if we went bust, they'd probably prefer it. It's why we both need them out asap but also need to put pressure elsewhere to get this deal done.

fernandopartridge

Imagine being on the Trust board and in complete denial of any council wrongdoing, it's almost as if certain members of the Trust board have experience in that field.

Magwitch

It says there was a meeting on the 12th of December, where was it ? and how did they know there was a meeting

Last edited:

shmmeee

It's frustrating that a decent and well meaning statement has caused a riff rather than doing what it was intended to do.
Typical CCFC.

*rift. They aren’t playing guitar. :p

To be fair, you’re a bit naive if you don’t think it was intended to cause a rift. This is classic tactics by both sides. Trust have walked right into it though.

Surely the base position is: CCFC should be at the Ricoh on the same terms while legals are ongoing. Another two year deal should be enough. Let’s have people stating clearly what they want rather than “everyone talk”. Set a bar.

Nick

Administrator

To be fair, you’re a bit naive if you don’t think it was intended to cause a rift. This is classic tactics by both sides. Trust have walked right into it though.

Surely the base position is: CCFC should be at the Ricoh on the same terms while legals are ongoing. Another two year deal should be enough. Let’s have people stating clearly what they want rather than “everyone talk”. Set a bar.

Not sure what they expect when you have people like David Johnson going into overdrive to get people worked up at the club if somebody mentions the council.

I agree though, the most important thing is getting somewhere to play. There's no issue why a deal can't be done while the legals are ongoing, it happened last time.

The other fans groups had no issue with the statement, it wasn't exactly saying "I Love SISU and back everything they do".

NorthernWisdom

Not an unfair comment.

Somewhere, with a statement like this, you'd think there'd have been room for either those few words to be taken out (who would have noticed?) or the Trust to bite the bullet and put their name to it anyway, as there wasn't much on there that actually had an effect and was that significant.

I do admittedly feel like a stuck record asking what's changed from last year mind... and only you seem to notice ;) A nice simple question that needs an answer... and we won't get it while the eleventy billion fans groups are arguing among themselves! Maybe for the sake of a wider goal, sometimes a bit of compromise amiodst the idealism has to be made? I mean, *my* idealism would never pay Wasps a penny rent, or for anything! But back in the real world, there has to be a middle way where what you suck up isn't *too* much away from your beliefs. I don't see this particular statement as overly radical to divide over.

Nick

Administrator
Not an unfair comment.

Somewhere, with a statement like this, you'd think there'd have been room for either those few words to be taken out (who would have noticed?) or the Trust to bite the bullet and put their name to it anyway, as there wasn't much on there that actually had an effect and was that significant.

I do admittedly feel like a stuck record asking what's changed from last year mind... and only you seem to notice ;) A nice simple question that needs an answer... and we won't get it while the eleventy billion fans groups are arguing among themselves! Maybe for the sake of a wider goal, sometimes a bit of compromise amiodst the idealism has to be made? I mean, *my* idealism would never pay Wasps a penny rent, or for anything! But back in the real world, there has to be a middle way where what you suck up isn't *too* much away from your beliefs. I don't see this particular statement as overly radical to divide over.

I don't think it does go unnoticed, Boddy has mentioned it. Which one of you is him? ;)

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

There are a range of differing opinions on here which are far more representative of the whole spectrum of fan views than things like the Facebook pages. Unfortunately the Trust only listen to the shouty few on Facebook. I wish we had a supporters body that genuinely represented fans, it'd be a lot more productive.

CJ - nothing against you personally, you're always a reasonable contributor on here.

Couldn’t agree more, and the state of the Facebook group is truly embarrassing. Full of mouthy chavs who make covcity4life look like an orthographer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shmmeee

Not an unfair comment.

It’s gamesmanship from Wasps. Disappointed the Trust and the Council have taken sides TBF. We all want Sisu to drop the legals but it ain’t gonna happen. Yes it’s shit they’ve got the club over a barrel, but again not much we can do.

As nothing’s changed, let’s change nothing. Same shitty deal neither side is happy with. Same shitty legals. See you all in 2020.

stupot07

This is why the Trust are not fit for purpose. It's a disgrace, this should be the one thing EVERY sky blues fan can agree on.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Covstu

The Coventry City Supporters Forum met on Wednesday 12th December.

During the meeting, an extensive discussion took place about the Ricoh Arena situation. The following bullet points summarise the discussion, and members were able to support the statement below. Subsequently representatives on the Forum consulted with their respective groups and agreed on the following:

The undersigned members of the Supporters Forum put forward:

• That they agree that Coventry City should play its home matches in Coventry.
  • That they agree that Coventry City should play its home matches in the 2019/20 season and beyond at the Ricoh Arena.
  • That they call on ALL parties to put aside their differences to sit down and negotiate a deal for Coventry City to play at the Ricoh Arena as soon as possible, despite the on-going court case
  • That they agree that the consequences of ‘no deal’ for Coventry City Football Club to play at the Ricoh Arena would be catastrophic for Coventry City Football Club, its supporters present and future, the community, the City of Coventry, wider footballing community and everyone who cares about the Club.
  • That they call on ALL supporters and community stakeholders to back attempts for this deal to be concluded as soon as possible.

Bedworth and Nuneaton Coventry City Supporters Club
Coventry City Diamond Club
Coventry City Former Players Association
Coventry City LGBT+ Fans Group
Coventry City London Supporters Club
Coventry City South Wales Supporters Club
Coventry City Supporters Club Irish Branch
Family Zone volunteers
Leamington and Warwick Coventry City Supporters Club
Sky Blues in the Community

The following Season Ticket holder elected representative agreed to the bullet points as individuals:

Ryan Caffrey
Michael Garlick
Gary Goalby

Also in attendance and offered the opportunity to support were The Sky Blue Trust, though their board subsequently decided they did not wish to commit to the entire statement.

Because let's face it, The Sky Blue Trust are a joke outfit who represent fook all about CCFC and it's fans, only themselves...
Okay I might be synical about supporters groups and their ability to actually make any form of change but isn’t this whole statement stating the fucking obvious? It’s like saying ‘we want CCFC to play football instead of Rugby’. What a pointless process this is and about a year too late!

clint van damme

Okay I might be synical about supporters groups and their ability to actually make any form of change but isn’t this whole statement stating the fucking obvious? It’s like saying ‘we want CCFC to play football instead of Rugby’. What a pointless process this is and about a year too late!

yes it's stating the obvious but it doesn't do any harm to put it out there
and show a united front, (apart from the trust).
Same as organising a protest against the owners every now and again, achieves nothing but it's better than sitting on our hands doing fuck all.
Just reminds people that we care about the club, I think that can some times get lost in all the politics and legal arguing.

Nick

Administrator
yes it's stating the obvious but it doesn't do any harm to put it out there
and show a united front, (apart from the trust).
Same as organising a protest against the owners every now and again, achieves nothing but it's better than sitting on our hands doing fuck all.
Just reminds people that we care about the club, I think that can some times get lost in all the politics and legal arguing.

There's nothing wrong with getting ccfc fans uniting behind CCFC. (not SISU).

Once people start to get a bit of passion behind their football club then it might then become easier to pressure ALL of the twats involved.

Liquid Gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shouldn't be given a platform to represent supporters if he's not going to games. That's what supporters do. Fair enough if he wants to protest ownership but to be put up as a fan representative is laughable.

chiefdave

The other fans groups had no issue with the statement, it wasn't exactly saying "I Love SISU and back everything they do".
Some of those running the other fan groups have been very vocally anti-SISU but have still managed to have a decent working relationship with t

FFS when are they going to wake up to reality. They aren't representing the fans views and every opportunity they get rather than trying to do something to ensure we have a club next season they prefer to take a shot at SISU.

Is there anyone even vaguely interested in CCFC that doesn't know SISU are appallingly bad owners, who are they trying to convince?

Or do they think Joy will see this on twitter and suddenly decide to drop the legals and sell the club?

chiefdave

Shouldn't be given a platform to represent supporters if he's not going to games. That's what supporters do. Fair enough if he wants to protest ownership but to be put up as a fan representative is laughable.
He's not supposed to be part of the Trust anymore is he? Yet he always seems to be around and involved in everything they do.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I have always tended to support the Trust on things but on this i think they got things wrong. I posted elsewhere that the campaign has to be led by the club and that fans groups have to get behind that.

All the Trust had to do was to reissue the same pledge missing but five words "despite the on-going court case". All parties put aside their differences means all sides
The Trust statement should have read. Then said no more

We fully and unequivocably support the following
  • That they agree that Coventry City should play its home matches in the 2019/20 season and beyond at the Ricoh Arena.
  • That they call on ALL parties to put aside their differences to sit down and negotiate a deal for Coventry City to play at the Ricoh Arena as soon as possible,
  • That they agree that the consequences of ‘no deal’ for Coventry City Football Club to play at the Ricoh Arena would be catastrophic for Coventry City Football Club, its supporters present and future, the community, the City of Coventry, wider footballing community and everyone who cares about the Club.
  • That they call on ALL supporters and community stakeholders to back attempts for this deal to be concluded as soon as possible.

Nick

Administrator
I have always tended to support the Trust on things but on this i think they got things wrong. I posted elsewhere that the campaign has to be led by the club and that fans groups have to get behind that.

All the Trust had to do was to reissue the same pledge missing but five words "despite the on-going court case". All parties put aside their differences means all sides
The Trust statement should have read. Then said no more

We fully and unequivocably support the following
  • That they call on ALL parties to put aside their differences to sit down and negotiate a deal for Coventry City to play at the Ricoh Arena as soon as possible,

I can't see why saying that all people should talk despite the legals is so hard to agree to? I notice that David Johnson has been trying to make out that agreeing to it basically means agreeing to the legals when other people at the meeting say it wasn't like that at all.

It really has backfired on the Trust and exposed that it is more about SISU and the Legals than it is about CCFC.

Tried to get something constructive sorted and aside from CJ nobody wanted to know, the chosen route was to setup a silly Twitter account to mislead even more people. What's that about?

Users who are viewing this thread