Supporters Forum groups pledge Ricoh Arena deal support (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Looking forward to some trust events on Saturday afternoons next season.

We can all sit around talking about how we haven't got a football team anymore but we really showed SISU while Joy is sat in her mansion not giving us a second thought.

Well put. I hate SISU as much as the next person but the fact that some of our supporters and the Trust are willing to see our club fold in order for SISU to suffer, is extreme lunacy, that I can’t comprehend.

I have no confidence in the Trust, they are self serving, idiotic and damaging the chances of us getting another Ricoh deal. We all know SISU won’t drop the legal action, as much as we want it to happen, so in the meantime the Club, Wasps and Council need to come to some agreement, or the CCFC disappears into oblivion. The Trust seem keen for SISU to go at all costs, so obilivion it is for them.

Sky Blue Trust Out.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The statement is in the right direction, it gathers various fans groups together. But the statement will not have the effect desired by fans if it is only aimed basically at some sides not all. It is further weakened by the difference of opinion with the Trust.

To get them all around the table at the moment is going to need all sides to compromise on something. It wont need grand gestures

I know from personal experience that Seppala likes to assert she doesn't do compromise she tells people what she wants, but that really is unhelpful

So far the line being pushed by Boddy etc is that everyone else has to compromise except SISU, is that really a way to encourage talks to save our club? I accept he has to be careful about his job but the other fan groups dont.

Suggested on another thread that they could remove Otium from the court case. it could allow everyone to save face publically and talk. It would also strengthen demands for talks with CCFC

At the moment there is no negotiating room, there needs to be some sort of movement, a compromise, to encourage talks.

Simply saying well they did it last year, clearly isnt working, Wasps also said last year very clearly they wouldn't do it again if there were legals going on. From a CCFC point of view that comes across as intransigent but turn it around from wasps point of view just giving in to CCFC each year shows weakness and leads to a poor negotiating position for them.

It is not about who is right or wrong at the moment, that can be analysed later, it is about breaking the impasse.

Why would a set of fans groups criticise various parties whilst passively but implicitly supporting the legal action - the statement was led by CCFC, Boddy and Fisher

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
The statement is in the right direction, it gathers various fans groups together. But the statement will not have the effect desired by fans if it is only aimed basically at one side. It is further weakened by the difference of opinion with the Trust.

To get them all around the table at the moment is going to need all sides to compromise on something.

I know from personal experience that Seppala likes to assert she doesn't do compromise she tells people what she wants, but that really is unhelpful

So far the line being pushed by Boddy etc is that everyone else have to compromise except SISU.

Suggested on another thread that they could remove Otium from the court case. it could allow everyone to save face publically and talk

At the moment there is no negotiating room, there needs to be some sort of movement, a compromise, to encourage talks.

Simply saying well they did it last year, clearly isnt working, Wasps also said last year very clearly they wouldn't do it again if there were legals going on. From a CCFC point of view that comes across as intransigent but turn it around from a point of view just giving in to CCFC each year shows weakness and leads to a poor negotiating position for them.

It is not about who is right or wrong at the moment, that can be analysed later, it is about breaking the impasse.

Why would a set of fans groups criticise various parties whilst passively but implicitly supporting the legal action

How are they supporting the legal action? That isn't supporting it to say that people should talk despite it.

If anything, it reads that the Trust are more bothered about the legal action than us having somewhere to play. That explains a few things.

Captain Dart

Well put. I hate SISU as much as the next person but the fact that some of our supporters and the Trust are willing to see our club fold in order for SISU to suffer, is extreme lunacy, that I can’t comprehend.

I have no confidence in the Trust, they are self serving, idiotic and damaging the chances of us getting another Ricoh deal. We all know SISU won’t drop the legal action, as much as we want it to happen, so in the meantime the Club, Wasps and Council need to come to some agreement, or the CCFC disappears into oblivion. The Trust seem keen for SISU to go at all costs, so obilivion it is for them.

Sky Blue Trust Out.

You could level that accusation at the owners too. They could cease the litigation rather than see the club fold. Frankly that is the way I see it.
I know I'm going to get incoming attacks on my character and suitability to post on this board now but that will not stop me saying it as I see it.

Why would a set of fans groups criticise various parties whilst passively but implicitly supporting the legal action - the statement was led by CCFC, Boddy and Fisher
Indeed.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
You could level that accusation at the owners too. They could cease the litigation rather than see the club fold. Frankly that is the way I see it.
I know I'm going to get incoming attacks on my character and suitability to post on this board now but that will not stop me saying it as I see it.

You do realise that saying "but SISU don't give a shit either" doesn't really stack up when comparing to a fans group, don't you?

It's one of the instances when saying "yeah but SISU" doesn't work as an answer.

chiefdave

There is nothing in the statement from the club that supports legal action. There are other fan groups who have put their name to the statement who are hugely anti-SISU but can see that unless there are talks and a deal made we have no club. Why can't the trust see that?

Nick

Administrator
There is nothing in the statement from the club that supports legal action. There are other fan groups who have put their name to the statement who are hugely anti-SISU but can see that unless there are talks and a deal made we have no club. Why can't the trust see that?

If the club goes bust they think they will be handed the goldenshare and run the football club themselves.

ccfcway

We all know SISU won’t drop the legal action, as much as we want it to happen, so in the meantime the Club, Wasps and Council need to come to some agreement, or the CCFC disappears into oblivion. The Trust seem keen for SISU to go at all costs, so obilivion it is for them.

That’s the problem. Wasps came to the table last time and whilst nothing to stop them doing the same, I think they will be more stubborn this time, be it no deal or huge rent increase. I don’t think there is a willingness from at least 2 of the other parties to come together and compromise this time knowing one party won’t be budging an inch.

clint van damme

Indeed.

but the owners don't give a fuck about the club, we all know that. The trust are supposed to, surely you can see the difference?
SISU working against the best interests of the club - don't expect anything different.

The trust working against the best interests of the club - beggars belief.

Captain Dart

but the owners don't give a fuck about the club, we all know that. The trust are supposed to, surely you can see the difference?
SISU working against the best interests of the club - don't expect anything different.

The trust working against the best interests of the club - beggars belief.

This situation needs bringing to a head, don't you find it tiresome.
We need to return to being a club where there are no longer issues that split the fanbase in such a discordant way?

Nick

Administrator
This situation needs bringing to a head, don't you find it tiresome.
We need to return to being a club where there are no longer issues that split the fanbase in such a discordant way?
There's irony in making out the trust are trying to bring fans together. Actively doing the opposite both officially and with the strange social media antics

Anybody would think that is the plan. Why? There won't be an explanation

Captain Dart

As immediately my words are twisted, it is clear it is not worth replying.

shmmeee

The whole Trust thing is a bit of a red herring. Useful if we were about to buy the club, but as we don’t even have a particular action to take or any influence over the club, or a consistent line as fans, not sure what good they can do TBQH.

Nick

Administrator
The whole Trust thing is a bit of a red herring. Useful if we were about to buy the club, but as we don’t even have a particular action to take or any influence over the club, or a consistent line as fans, not sure what good they can do TBQH.

For CCFC or other parties? Plenty useful for a bit of a media war.

There was a bit of traction in pressure on the council and other parties for a change. Think it's pretty obvious.

Ashdown

The statement is in the right direction, it gathers various fans groups together. But the statement will not have the effect desired by fans if it is only aimed basically at some sides not all. It is further weakened by the difference of opinion with the Trust.

To get them all around the table at the moment is going to need all sides to compromise on something. It wont need grand gestures

So far the line being pushed by Boddy etc is that everyone else has to compromise except SISU, is that really a way to encourage talks to save our club? I accept he has to be careful about his job but the other fan groups dont.

Suggested on another thread that they could remove Otium from the court case. it could allow everyone to save face publically and talk. It would also strengthen demands for talks with CCFC

Simply saying well they did it last year, clearly isnt working, Wasps also said last year very clearly they wouldn't do it again if there were legals going on. From a CCFC point of view that comes across as intransigent but turn it around from wasps point of view just giving in to CCFC each year shows weakness and leads to a poor negotiating position for them.

Yes , well said, great points as usual. Says it how it is. So sad that we have to go on bended knees to two London hedge funds to save the future of the club. One don't look like changing their position so we are hoping the other will back down and have mercy. It's pitiful !

Nick

Administrator
Yes , well said, great points as usual. Says it how it is. So sad that we have to go on bended knees to two London hedge funds to save the future of the club. One don't look like changing their position so we are hoping the other will back down and have mercy. It's pitiful !

Maybe we could find them something other than CCFC in the middle to scrap over? Leave them 2 to kill each other off and CCFC lives happily ever after.

giphy.gif

clint van damme

the thing is we know one of those hedge funds doesn't give a damn but the other one should be worried about upsetting the general public of a city it decamped to only a few years ago.
Unfortunately it seems the majority of the public couldn't give a toss unless there's a Wembley trip in the pipeline.

Ashdown

the thing is we know one of those hedge funds doesn't give a damn but the other one should be worried about upsetting the general public of a city it decamped to only a few years ago.
Unfortunately it seems the majority of the public couldn't give a toss unless there's a Wembley trip in the pipeline.
There has always been a lot of apathy in Cov, it's how multiple parties have done the club over in the last few decades. Lots of dedicated fans too but most feel quite powerless at the moment. I'd say neither of these hedge funds give a fig about the club, one is already hated.....but as you infer the other is still hopeful of courting the local populace to their own ends. Although it isn't right either, I can see Wasps coming out of this looking like the good guys and giving us a break. None of it is palatable.

ccfcway

Even this. Didn’t we take approx 40k for the tinpot cup and less than 30k for the play off final ?, which clearly meant more to us financially and football wise

The novelty wore off quickly, just like after the gillingham game when we returned

Nick

Administrator
There has always been a lot of apathy in Cov, it's how multiple parties have done the club over in the last few decades. Lots of dedicated fans too but most feel quite powerless at the moment. I'd say neither of these hedge funds give a fig about the club, one is already hated.....but as you infer the other is still hopeful of courting the local populace to their own ends. Although it isn't right either, I can see Wasps coming out of this looking like the good guys and giving us a break. None of it is palatable.

That's the thing, whoever owns us we are always going to be at the mercy of others. It's what will always hold us back even well after SISU. (unless we get a rich thai billionaire who will throw millions at a new stadium for us)

Ashdown

Even this. Didn’t we take approx 40k for the tinpot cup and less than 30k for the play off final ?, which clearly meant more to us financially and football wise

The novelty wore off quickly, just like after the gillingham game when we returned
No actually I think it was near 44,000 and then about 37,500 but still I know what you are saying.

Ashdown

That's the thing, whoever owns us we are always going to be at the mercy of others. It's what will always hold us back even well after SISU. (unless we get a rich thai billionaire who will throw millions at a new stadium for us)
Or at least have enough money to buy half of this one.

Grendel

If by some miracle we had a new owner next season ( even Micky Mouse couldn't do a worst job ) and let's say it was a fans consortium of a number of fans groups.

The team would be playing at the Ricoh with bigger attendances, possibly by another 2k to 3k which means increased revenue .

So no the club wouldn't go bust . If Portsmouth can do it why can't we .

And before you say it, I know Sisu at not interested in giving up the club at the moment .

You can only dream.

The council loaned money to get Portsmouth up and running didn’t they?

letsallsingtogether

And there lays the problem.
Wasps fill the Ricoh ok there are free tickets available.
We can't give free tickets away because no one wants them in large numbers.
I know the draw factor at the moment is different but it was the same when we were at Highfield Road.
Used to get free tickets now and again from City for the kids football I would take my son and 3 other lads as their dad's wouldn't go my son is a City fan but his mates can't be bothered as they were never taken unless I did it.
Shame.

letsallsingtogether

The council loaned money to get Portsmouth up and running didn’t they?
Coventry Council did try a partnership with the City, we fucked it up.
Sold to a group the Council believed in only to get fucked over again.
As they say once bitten.
Then there was the charity who loaned the City money the one you hate with a passion, again everyone else's fault but our owners.
Poor old Sisu they have been hard done by.

Nick

Administrator
Coventry Council did try a partnership with the City, we fucked it up.
Sold to a group the Council believed in only to get fucked over again.
As they say once bitten.
Then there was the charity who loaned the City money the one you hate with a passion, again everyone else's fault but our owners.
Poor old Sisu they have been hard done by.

Imagine if the council didn't laugh the ones who wanted to takeover the Ricoh out of town.

Where might we be?

chiefdave

Imagine if the council didn't laugh the ones who wanted to takeover the Ricoh out of town.
Remember when then council leader Ken Taylor had a pop at one of the bidders, Shapiro, for wanting a longer lease. Outrageous request.

letsallsingtogether

Where might we be?
Yes shame that.
They fucked up big time bringing in Sisu.
All you can think is they must have spun some good shit.

Users who are viewing this thread