Supporters forum - 5pm Thursday 20th July (3 Viewers)

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

What is the club doing/can the club do to attract the support of the diverse population of the city? Despite Coventry having, for example, a proportionately high percentage of it’s population being south asian, the vast majority of people at games are white. Could be an opportunity there to gain supporters?

SBAndy

Why did they initially say they would extend the family zone, and then have backtracked.

But they did extend it? Just not as much as people thought based on prior comments. Besides, I looked today and there’s still some 2s left in the FZ, as well as a 3 I believe.

Sky Blue Pete

Why did they initially say they would extend the family zone, and then have backtracked.
I thought I’d said. They had initially but then tickets were sold in the blocks they had thought to extend to and it wasn’t possible.
Shit show really

mmttww

But they did extend it? Just not as much as people thought based on prior comments. Besides, I looked today and there’s still some 2s left in the FZ, as well as a 3 I believe.
Seems like folks assumed it would get extended more than it did. If it's poor planning or admin that meant they couldn't go further along the stand than the extra block, then that's sh*te.

mark82

Seems like folks assumed it would get extended more than it did. If it's poor planning or admin that meant they couldn't go further along the stand than the extra block, then that's sh*te.
They didn't extend from what was initially announced.

mark82

Will take a look. Need a 4 really but might be able to split and just see if we can find somewhere else to sit together.

Greggs

Why has he changed his mind on every decision he's made? Is he making it up as he goes along.

KenilworthSkyBlue

What is the club doing/can the club do to attract the support of the diverse population of the city? Despite Coventry having, for example, a proportionately high percentage of it’s population being south asian, the vast majority of people at games are white. Could be an opportunity there to gain supporters?

From memory the club tried to come up with an initiative on tapping into this demographic when SISU first came in.

If I remember rightly they actually invited a footballer from India over at one point with a view to giving him a trial but nothing came of it, unsurprisingly.

SBAndy

From memory the club tried to come up with an initiative on tapping into this demographic when SISU first came in.

If I remember rightly they actually invited a footballer from India over at one point with a view to giving him a trial but nothing came of it unsurprisingly.

Sunil Chhetri I believe.

MTK

Welcome the consultation on safe standing. It‘ll be great for people who want to stand and singers corner is the natural place for it. Will the consultation cover how people like me in 16 who can’t commit to standing will be offered a comparable alternative seat and when? It would great if the club could could be open about this early on and reassure people. Thank you. The answer might be wait for the consultation of course :)

Sky Blue Pete

Welcome the consultation on safe standing. It‘ll be great for people who want to stand and singers corner is the natural place for it. Will the consultation cover how people like me in 16 who can’t commit to standing will be offered a comparable alternative seat and when? It would great if the club could could be open about this early on and reassure people. Thank you. The answer might be wait for the consultation of course :)
You still have a seat

RoboCCFC90

Genuine Q this time.

Is there any chance of Michael Doyle getting a testimonial at CCFC? Modern day club legend and never really got a fitting send off given he was so vital to the beginning of our rise from L2.

djr8369

Suggestion from my partner but what about more provision for babies and toddlers so parents can still attend games between birth and JSB age group.

For example, a quiet area/box available for breast feeding parents. A crèche, could be a possible new commercial angle. Bring in a local nursery to provide a crèche for 3 hours, booked and paid in advance so income is guaranteed.

skyblue025

As we have paid for a new pitch at the CBS will we get a cut of the profits from any gigs that use the pitch? Who is responsible for the repairs after said gigs?

With record ST sales and bigger crowds now expected every week, have the club spoken with the Arena about better ways to manage the flow in the concourse? A few times last season it felt quite dangerous at HT with long queues for food/drink and toilets overlapping and no real flow for people to follow. Might seem minor in the grand scheme of things, but it is part of the match-day experience. Another issue was not being able to get out of the toilets at HT due to lots of people blocking the way coming in through the exit (a steward at each exit might put a stop to this and help improve the flow of people).

djr8369

With record ST sales and bigger crowds now expected every week, have the club spoken with the Arena about better ways to manage the flow in the concourse? A few times last season it felt quite dangerous at HT with long queues for food/drink and toilets overlapping and no real flow for people to follow. Might seem minor in the grand scheme of things, but it is part of the match-day experience. Another issue was not being able to get out of the toilets at HT due to lots of people blocking the way coming in through the exit (a steward at each exit might put a stop to this and help improve the flow of people).
The people forcing their way into the toilet via the exit drive me nuts. Why would anyone do this? It’s not quicker but makes it worse for everyone.

I confronted a couple of blokes about it last season but it nearly ended up in a scrap.

Cheaper option than a steward might be a rotating turnstile thing to make it difficult to go in the wrong way.

David O'Day

The people forcing their way into the toilet via the exit drive me nuts. Why would anyone do this? It’s not quicker but makes it worse for everyone.

I confronted a couple of blokes about it last season but it nearly ended up in a scrap.

Cheaper option than a steward might be a rotating turnstile thing to make it difficult to go in the wrong way.
oh it is quicker

ccfctommy

Genuine question - what would you want the club to do about this?

edgy

Toilet entries and exits are poorly designed unfortunately. A single door and a tight corner to navigate. The main problem with the single door entrance is that there is no actual queue for it. Just a 180 degree scrum to get in.

fernandopartridge

Toilet entries and exits are poorly designed unfortunately. A single door and a tight corner to navigate. The main problem with the single door entrance is that there is no actual queue for it. Just a 180 degree scrum to get in.

TBF though that design is easily fixed, they're not load bearing walls. The design is probably privacy related.

David O'Day

Also with the toulets, in mot of them there is a 2nd set cubicles and urinals that are hardly used as people just use the ones between the in and exit doors. So pop through the exit door turn use the load of free bogs down that end, wash your hand an
d out n a few minutes

DazzleTommyDazzle

Is the block on opening blocks 10, 11, 12 down to the SAG? If so, have there been discussions with the SAG about what needs to be done to allow them to open? With over 18,000 season tickets sold, it seems likely that there will be occasions during the season when these blocks will be needed. Can we be reassured that people will not be turned away due to capacity issues while these blocks remain closed?

Users who are viewing this thread